• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

computer virus

PureGreatness

if you can, download spybot search and destroy or adaware for free. Both are free spyware programs that do a pretty good job. If you don't have an antivirus, try avast antivirus or AVG free edition. You may already have windows defender. Try running that one too. Good luck!

Back when I was in the navy we had an Executive Officer who fancied himself as a computer guy. As the Suppo I got him a nice new computer (and a dot matrix printer - old stuff)....Anyway, one of my fellow officers had a program/virus that made letters drop out of MSWord documents and fall to the bottom of the screen. One would fall after a few sentences of typing and if you kept going and did a few paragraphs you would have a little pile of letters at the bottom and a bunch of missing spaces in your text. He freaked.

We all got a big laugh and fixed it for him. grin.gif

Another good work trick I found out about was from a computer guy I met post-navy. He could change a keyboard to where a "T" showed up as a "P" - or any letter he wanted. I never learned how to do that but it is a cool work trick.

• Admin

you did a restore on it to get rid of a virus?

if you already had av software you could have just made sure it's updated, booted into safe mode and did a full scan and it would have likely taken care of everything. It's extremely rare for that to not take care of it.