• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Props From ESPN?

hawkman

• Premium Member

....Just a little change of pace from the myriad of GM posts. During Game 2 of the Celts-Cavs game there was some discussion as to why the Cavs seem to struggle so much against the Celts while the Hawks gave them everything they could handle. Of course they had to preface everything by saying that the Cavs are CLEARLY a better team than the Hawks, but then Mark Jackson chimed in and said something very interesting. He talked about how athletic Atlanta was and how having a PF like Josh Smith created matchup problems for the Celts. He contrasted the Hawks as a whole with the Cavs by saying that the Hawks were an athletic team all around while the Cavs consisted of one special player surrounded with spot up shooters. I guess it was a little back-handed but a compliment on our team as a whole nonetheless. I never expect much from the national media when it comes to the Hawks, but this has to be one of the more "positive" things that I've heard about them from ESPN. Here's to making even more noise in the playoffs next season!

It is of little contention that we are one of the, if not the most, athletic team in the league. Everyone realizes that. We just get few props because we grossly underachieve and dont use that athleticism to the best of its abilities.