• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lottery

buckeye242424

Is anyone else as excited as I am NOT to see a Hawks rep. at the draft lottery tonight? It's a sign of good things to come!! I hope...at least. Signing the two "Joshes" is crucial to building on the semi-success we had this year. Smoove is going to get offered a contract similar to D. Howard...5 years 85 million. We have to match whatever is thrown his way. Chillz won't get max dollars, obviously, but in my eyes, he's almost (not quite) as important as signing Smoove...we need those two. Build around JJ, Horford, Smoove...and keep Chillz as our hustle guy. Those four are the Hawks...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Smoove is going to get offered a contract similar to D. Howard...5 years 85 million. We have to match whatever is thrown his way.

Memphis is the only team who can offer that, and if they were going to do that, why trade Gasol for crap?

5 yrs., $70M will be the Sixers' offer, and the Hawks will match.

Quote:

Quote:

Smoove is going to get offered a contract similar to D. Howard...5 years 85 million. We have to match whatever is thrown his way.

Memphis is the only team who can offer that, and if they were going to do that, why trade Gasol for crap?

5 yrs., $70M will be the Sixers' offer, and the Hawks will match. Can the Sixers offer him 14 mil a year? I heard Ed Stefanski say quite a few times on local radio that they would have around 11 mil in cap space to pursue a trade or a fre agent. Im not sure if he was taking in to account what they will have to pay IGGy or not. I think he was estimating on Iggy though. I would think they they will concentrate on gettin him resigned before they go after Smoove.

So if they go after Smoove, and we don't want to match, we just go after Brand ( if he opts out ) or try to take Iggy from them.

Lineup 1:

Bibby ( or Law )

Iggy

JJ

Marvin

Horford

With lineup 1, the success of that lineup would depend on if Marvin could effectively defend and rebound from the 4 spot. He'd at least have to grab 7.5 - 8 rebs a game, while still shooting somewhere in the high 40% range from the field. The funny thing about this, is that Marvin's 2nd most effective 5-man lineup from a win% standpoint, was when the lineup of Bibby - JJ - Chill - Marvin - and Smith was on the floor. Lineup #1 would have to be a great offensive group though, because they'd obviously be soft defensively. An Iggy - JJ pairing would be interesting though, seeing that both are unselfish players that can score if need be.

or

Lineup 2:

Bibby ( or Law )

JJ

Marvin

Brand

Horford

If we lose Smoove, this is my lineup of choice. This lineup would be highly efficient in the halfcourt set, with Brand being a guy that you can run offense through when JJ is out of the game. We'd lose some of the shotblocking prowess that Smith brought to the table, but everything else would be an upgrade at that position, from shooting, to rebounding, to post scoring, the infamous BBIQ.

• Premium Member

Quote:

So if they go after Smoove, and we don't want to match, we just go after Brand ( if he opts out ) or try to take Iggy from them.

Not far enough under the cap to do either of those, even if you lose Smith and renounce Childress.

It's Smith or bust.

Quote:

No problem. That means that Smoove will just have to get tougher.

He worked out with Olajuwon last summer. This summer, maybe he can hang out with Charles Oakley.

If he hangs with Reggie Miller he will learned to shoots 3's.

This time last season was one of the most unsure times in Hawks history. The organization and fanbase were unsure if the team would even have a pick. Then it turned into the great Yi,Horford and Conley debate. I wanted Conley but can now say i'm glad I didn't make the pick. Overall it feels good to be accessing the young talent we already have rather than young players who you don't know about yet. This team already has 5 first round picks on the roster. Two of which were top 3 picks. Its time for the franchise to pay up or have these young players pay off by helping them acquire veteran help.

As long as Beasley or Rose don't go to the Heat i'm good.