• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has this Andersen video been posted?

thefloydian

I read where his Moscow team coach runs one of the most high tech offensive systems in the euro leagues. I wonder how many games it will take Anderson to start ?ing wtf we are doing on offense. Also I cant wait to see his reaction to his 1st arms crossed stare down from Woody.

Quote:

I read where his Moscow team coach runs one of the most high tech offensive systems in the euro leagues. I wonder how many games it will take Anderson to start ?ing wtf we are doing on offense. Also I cant wait to see his reaction to his 1st arms crossed stare down from Woody.

I wonder if Andersen can get Smith to stop shooting jumpers

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I wonder if Woody can get Smith to stop shooting jumpers

I think we have seen whether Woody can get Smith to stop shooting jumpers.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe we should sign Harry Potter for league minimum. I bet he could get Smith to stop shooting long jumpers.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They should put something about this in his contract.

He gets paid bonus money is he takes less than 30 3pointers next season.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They should put something about this in his contract.

He gets paid bonus money is he takes less than 30 3pointers next season.

I like it! Maybe a % minimum or # of attempt minimum so that if he hits 35% of his 3's he gets the bonus and he still gets the bonus if he just doesn't attempt more than .5 per game. Since the coach can't handle this, leave it up to the GM.

Quote:

The best part of that video to me, is not the outside shooting, it's the post up moves down on the block. If he can do that on the NBA level, then we might have something. He'll be going up against much stronger and athletic players though, so we'll just have to see.

Yeah, he seems to have really good coordination for a guy that's as tall as he is.

• Moderators

Quote:

It looks like Anderson has less polished KG type skills.

They are both big men with good perimeter touches but I don't that much resemblence between KG and DA given that Garnett's calling card is hardnosed defense.

Quote:

The best part of that video to me, is not the outside shooting, it's the post up moves down on the block. If he can do that on the NBA level, then we might have something. He'll be going up against much stronger and athletic players though, so we'll just have to see.

Don't underestimate the value of his outside shooting. We need guys who can hit perimeter shots. Plus pulling a big man out of the lane will open up the lane for everyone else.

A guy on realgm named "stellation" posted this...

"David is off contract at the end of this season so even though the Hawks own his rights he needs an additional agreement, which the Hawks are keen to give, for insurance purposes. Keep in mind that this is a guy who is on around 1.5 million Euros net now (CSKA pay his taxes/accomodation/flights for family/whatever he asks for) right now, has been a Euroleague all-star, has won 3 Euroleague titles including as a starter on the most recent one only a couple of weeks ago- this isn't a regular scrub that they are bringing in and if was injured at all during training camp whilst off contract that would be a major issue.

His D is quite good in the post, he just isn't a big swatting help defender- but he does get in the way of guys coming down the lane (he has a pretty wide body) and won't just let guys get easy layups. His rebounding is fine, I think most importantly he is disciplined as all hell and actually boxes out to help his teammates get boards (a sadly increasingly lost art in the NBA).

He'd bring a lot of vet leadership and playoff experience for a guy that age."

I'm really excited about DA.... the best thing is he's already been coached properly and knows his game.... so we don't have to rely on him getting any of that "guidance" here...

Quote:

Don't underestimate the value of his outside shooting. We need guys who can hit perimeter shots. Plus pulling a big man out of the lane will open up the lane for everyone else.

Actually, we need a guy who can score down on the block with his back to the basket to get us easier points. I'm not discounting Andersen's potential mid and long range shooting. But if he can score down on the block, I'd rather see him down there more, because he'll shoot a higher percentage and have a chance to open up the court for other people.

Horford is most effective shooting the face-up jumper right now. He has decent post moves, but they still need to be refined, especially against bigger players.

Smoove's post up game is coming along, but he's more effective drivng to the hole against 4s & 5s. His back to the basket game is sub-par.

If Andersen can catch the ball down on the low block and score, that opens up the outside for JJ, Bibby, Marvin, even Acie and Horford, because teams may have to double Andersen down low. If they double, he kicks it out to the open man for the jumper. If not, he takes his man one on one and takes the shot or draws the foul.

If Andersen can do this on the NBA level, a pick ( or screen ) and roll ( or pop ) game with between Andersen and JJ could be nice.