• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wow how much money did Joey Crawford win

NJHAWK

By not making that obvious call when Fischer fouled Barry at the end. I almost expect Detroit to get screwed tomorrow somehow as well. The nba wants Lakers/Celtics and they will make sure they get what they want. I really hope Detroit wins but I just dont see it in the agenda.

• Moderators

Wow. How disheartening is that criticism of Barry?

He got fouled but he didn't "sell it"? He tried to avoid the contact instead of maximizing it?

When guys go airborn isn't it better basketball to see someone try to make a play rather than try to ram into the airborn player? And Barry gets hammered and is criticized for not doing more to "sell" the foul as if it is some kind of performance art?

That is some BS right there. Either the guy got hammered (he did) or he didn't. We should reward people that try to play through and around fouls rather than people who flop to the ground and "sell" the foul.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Wow. How disheartening is that criticism of Barry?

He got fouled but he didn't "sell it"? He tried to avoid the contact instead of maximizing it?

When guys go airborn isn't it better basketball to see someone try to make a play rather than try to ram into the airborn player? And Barry gets hammered and is criticized for not doing more to "sell" the foul as if it is some kind of performance art?

That is some BS right there. Either the guy got hammered (he did) or he didn't. We should reward people that try to play through and around fouls rather than people who flop to the ground and "sell" the foul.

Exactly.

You shouldn't have to sell a foul. Either you're fouled or you are not. What did Fisher not get called on the "he didn't sell it hard enough rule"??

Right here, Reggie, Barkley, and Kenny has justified FLOPPING. I thought that the League was cracking down on Flopping? Obviously not. Barry didn't flop hard enough.

The integrity of the game SUCKS.

that was a BS no call, but its poetic justice that a team that has flopped as much as the spurs have, has played dirty at times (suns last year, hornets this) loses a game because they didnt "sell" a foul enough.

• Moderators

Quote:

Why is Kobe not getting FT's in this series? I mean, if the logic that if you breathe on Kobe he will go to the line is on don't you think he would be getting alot more FT's in this series?

Kobe is shooting almost all jumpers this series and is not getting hit when he goes into the paint. They are doing a very good job defending him.

On the underlying foul, the NBA annouced that Crawford screwed up and it should have been a foul.

As someone else noted, though, the refs missed the ball scraping the rim on the previous play which should have reset the shot clock. That is a lot less obvious than the Fisher foul, though.

D - I agree 100% that Reggie, Kenny, et al. were absolutely justifying flopping as a necessary party of the game.

I heard the nba admited they made a mistake in not calling it a foul. Is this true? I cant see them admiting anything. Look at the way the covered up the Paul Pierce gang sign.

• Moderators

Quote:

I heard the nba admited they made a mistake in not calling it a foul. Is this true? I cant see them admiting anything. Look at the way the covered up the Paul Pierce gang sign.

Yes. They admitted it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008...tory?id=3416412

Quote:

The league office on Wednesday reviewed the final play of the San Antonio Spurs' 93-91 home loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals and acknowledged that a two-shot foul should have been called on Derek Fisher for impeding Brent Barry.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Yes. They admitted it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008...tory?id=3416412

Quote:

The league office on Wednesday reviewed the final play of the San Antonio Spurs' 93-91 home loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals and acknowledged that a two-shot foul should have been called on Derek Fisher for impeding Brent Barry.

The league should make them play it over from the point of the foul!!!

You can't set a precedent and not follow it?!!?