• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is anyone a little worried that...

Supporter

Joe is gaining a little too much weight.I mean, i remember when he was in phoenix and looked like leandro barbosa but now hes becoming a much fitter Paul Pierce. Meaning that he is more cut than PP. And i dont know if you guys noticed or not but he is becoming much slower, and the only thing that allows him to get past his man is his superior dribbling ability, and I dont like the idea of playing jj at the 3. The only way to take jj out of the game is to be physical with him and moving him to the 3 is asking for danger. Although i dont like the idea of smoove moving to the 3, it would be better than jj moving to it.

• Premium Member

I like the idea of JJ playing 3. He's 6'8 235 for godsakes.

That's part of the reason I proposed going after Raja Bell and #16 with Marvin. It just makes sense.

JJ will still be a great dribbler at the three.

He will still be much stronger than most threes.

He will still have a speed advantage against most threes.

It makes defense better for him.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Joe is more effective at the 2 than he would be at the 3 becuase Joe can use his size as an adavantage.

The problem is that that is only the offensive view. Many 2s are much quicker than Joe. Moreover, about JJ's size... How many Sfs are big enough to handle Joe? Joe is not 6'8 210. He's not your Tmac sized SG. JJ is 6'8 235+. He has size advantage on a guy like Pippen. If the right SG was to come along, I would move JJ to Sf without hesitation.