Webster/Frye/Zaza to Memphis

Mike Miller to us.

Then

Smoove to Chicago.

Noah/#1 pick overall to Atlanta.

Then

Acie Law to Minny for Corey Brewer.

Then

Solomon/Rights to D. Andersen to NY for D. Lee.

Sign Chillz.

Draft Derrick Rose.

Hire Billy Donavan as coach.

Then...

gh.gif

• Premium Member

Rose/Bibby/Speedy

Miller/Brewer

JJ/Chillz

Horf/Lee

Noah/

Good start, we just need 2 more bigs.

Maybe we can pick up Matt Bonner and find a way to get a look at Haslem?

Maybe Bibby for Haslem and Blount?

Rose/Salim/Speedy

Miller/Brewer

JJ/Chillz

Horf/Lee

Noah/Haslem/Blount

Not bad!!!

And after that, how about Speedy Claxton for Wade?

Maybe we could turn Mario West into, say, Chris Bosh? Toronto needs a defensive stopper. Bring the GT boy home.

Oh, and I'd flip Jeremy Richardson over to LA for Lamar Odom, too.

• Premium Member

Even though this was tongue and cheek with a FL theme...

I want to challenge your sarcasm.

Which trade is so realistic that it causes you to invoke: Claxton for Wade?

It's Ok to be a critic bront, but dumbasssmartass doesn't suite you well.

• Premium Member

Quote:

You think Chicago would really do that trade?

I think that there's displeasure with Noah.

I believe that Smoove is worth far more than this years #1 pick to them. Word is that they're going after Beasley. Smoove is far better than Beasley and less of an attitude problem. I just don't know if it's possible to trade Smoove without a SNT. If I'm Chicago, I want him signed for more than just a few months.

Also, I know that they would do a Hinrich/Noah for Smoove SNT.. but I wouldn't propose that. I'd like to get a future star like Rose.

Quote:

Even though this was tongue and cheek with a FL theme...

I want to challenge your sarcasm.

Which trade is so realistic that it causes you to invoke: Claxton for Wade?

It's Ok to be a critic bront, but dumbasssmartass doesn't suite you well.

It's just all too much, Diesel. It's debatable whether Portland would give up Charlie Frye and Martell Webster to get Marvin Williams. It's an upgrade at one position for them, but that's two young players that they'd have to give up and only one that they'd get back. And, moreover, it's a guy that they'd need to make a decision about after having him for only one year. It's possible, sure.

Your second trade-for one, you almost NEVER see anyone trade the top pick in the draft. I'm trying to think of a time when this has happened, and I can't. I'm remembering a few instances where the first pick was traded after only a year with his team, but that's as close as I can get. And there's a big salary issue with this deal-namely, Josh Smith is going to command a huge pay day this offseason. He'll probably make a good bit more than Noah and the top pick combined, which could be a problem for the Bulls, who have decision to make about Ben Gordon and Luol Deng this offseason. And if they don't move Kirk Hinrich, they have his and Larry Hughes' large contracts on the books. And it doesn't fit their roster, either. At center, they have Aaron Gray, who is marginal at BEST-that's the only center they have besides Noah since they traded Ben Wallace. And they don't have any picks after the first with which to try to get a center. And Josh Smith is really a PF-but I think for the Bulls, Beasley ultimately projects as a SF, since they have Tyrus Thomas and kind of like Tyrus there. Beasley's outside shot and ball-handling skills should allow him to translate into that position. And, honestly, the Bulls don't even know who they would take with the first pick, it might be Rose. With the way the Bulls look right now, I just don't see any reason they'd show much interest in Josh Smith.

Third, I can't at all see the Knicks doing that deal. I doubt anyone outside Atlanta really knows anything about Soloman Jones, much less puts any value on him. David Lee is one of their best reserves and really, he's among the better 6th men in the league. Plus, he's young, and the Knicks are really trying to get into rebuilding mode right now. He's making much less money than Randolph and Curry, one of whom I think Donnie Walsh is going to try to deal away for an expiring contract. This is the most unlikely trade-a highly valuable NBA sub, sent out for one guy who plays 2 minutes every other game, and a 28 year old rookie.

Then you threw out Haslem/Blount for Bibby, also a joke I'm sure, but c'mon. I can't see Miami at all interested in Mike Bibby. Much less interested enough to trade two bigs to get, when they don't have enough bigs.

So, basically, all of your deals were wishful thinking, and the last two were absolute pipedreams-which prompted the Speedy Claxton/Wade comment. And if it's so tongue in cheek, why are you defensive?

And no one in the NBA is touching Billy Donovan after last year. I know you meant it in jest, though.

Quote:

Quote:

You think Chicago would really do that trade?

I think that there's displeasure with Noah.

I believe that Smoove is worth far more than this years #1 pick to them. Word is that they're going after Beasley. Smoove is far better than Beasley and less of an attitude problem. I just don't know if it's possible to trade Smoove without a SNT. If I'm Chicago, I want him signed for more than just a few months.

Also, I know that they would do a Hinrich/Noah for Smoove SNT.. but I wouldn't propose that. I'd like to get a future star like Rose.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one man. Smoove is not worth Noah and the #1 overall. They already have a raw super athlete in Tyrus Thomas, and a good SF with Luol Deng. Also, the word I've been hearing is different from what you've been hearing. I've been hearing they are trying to move Hinrich to make room for Derrick Rose.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Your second trade-for one, you almost NEVER see anyone trade the top pick in the draft. I'm trying to think of a time when this has happened, and I can't. I'm remembering a few instances where the first pick was traded after only a year with his team, but that's as close as I can get. And there's a big salary issue with this deal-namely, Josh Smith is going to command a huge pay day this offseason. He'll probably make a good bit more than Noah and the top pick combined, which could be a problem for the Bulls, who have decision to make about Ben Gordon and Luol Deng this offseason. And if they don't move Kirk Hinrich, they have his and Larry Hughes' large contracts on the books. And it doesn't fit their roster, either. At center, they have Aaron Gray, who is marginal at BEST-that's the only center they have besides Noah since they traded Ben Wallace. And they don't have any picks after the first with which to try to get a center. And Josh Smith is really a PF-but I think for the Bulls, Beasley ultimately projects as a SF, since they have Tyrus Thomas and kind of like Tyrus there. Beasley's outside shot and ball-handling skills should allow him to translate into that position. And, honestly, the Bulls don't even know who they would take with the first pick, it might be Rose. With the way the Bulls look right now, I just don't see any reason they'd show much interest in Josh Smith.

Maybe you're too young to remember Webber or A. Hardaway?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Third, I can't at all see the Knicks doing that deal. I doubt anyone outside Atlanta really knows anything about Soloman Jones, much less puts any value on him. David Lee is one of their best reserves and really, he's among the better 6th men in the league. Plus, he's young, and the Knicks are really trying to get into rebuilding mode right now. He's making much less money than Randolph and Curry, one of whom I think Donnie Walsh is going to try to deal away for an expiring contract. This is the most unlikely trade-a highly valuable NBA sub, sent out for one guy who plays 2 minutes every other game, and a 28 year old rookie.

Lee is good. However, Knicks have a new President and BK will be GM. Do you really think BK won't go after two guys he drafted? Moreover, Andersen might be a better match for their lineup than Lee.

Quote:

Quote:

Lee is good. However, Knicks have a new President and BK will be GM. Do you really think BK won't go after two guys he drafted? Moreover, Andersen might be a better match for their lineup than Lee.

1) BK didn't draft Andersen

2) BK isn't their GM (and may never be, despite your assumption)

3) What exactly has Soloman Jones done?

4) Last year in Euro, Andersen averaged 14.4/6.3. In the NBA, Lee averaged 10.8/8.9. In 06-07, Lee averaged in a double-double in just under 30 minutes playing time. I just can't see even BK, much less Donnie Walsh, seeing that as less valuable than what they'd be getting.

I forgot about Webber.

Does anyone think that Golden State got the better of that deal? Orlando became the best team in the East in Hardaway's second year, and Webber was traded away from Golden State. Orlando was set for years. I'd hate to be in that position.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I forgot about Webber.

Does anyone think that Golden State got the better of that deal? Orlando became the best team in the East in Hardaway's second year, and Webber was traded away from Golden State. Orlando was set for years. I'd hate to be in that position.

Webber was a better player than Hardaway. Not 3 1st round picks better but better. Orlando also had SHAQ. Had Webber gone to Orlando, they would have still be the best team in the East and maybe won it all.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

4) Last year in Euro, Andersen averaged 14.4/6.3. In the NBA, Lee averaged 10.8/8.9. In 06-07, Lee averaged in a double-double in just under 30 minutes playing time. I just can't see even BK, much less Donnie Walsh, seeing that as less valuable than what they'd be getting.

For the Hawks.

Who do you want more?

David Lee or Andersen and Solo?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

For the Hawks.

Who do you want more?

David Lee, definately.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

For the Hawks.

Who do you want more?

David Lee, of course. That's my point-the trade is ONE-SIDED. I just can't see anyone trading a David Lee for Andersen and Soloman Jones.

But, all right, I'll let you have your fun with this thread.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

For the Hawks.

Who do you want more?

David Lee, of course. That's my point-the trade is ONE-SIDED. I just can't see anyone trading a David Lee for Andersen and Soloman Jones.

But, all right, I'll let you have your fun with this thread.

I don't think so. I like Lee, but for the Hawks... we need a Center. You quoted off Andersen's 14/6 like it was nothing. The fact of the matter is that Lee excels because he's on a very sorry team. When he comes in he spells Randolph. Curry cannot rebound. His team plays no defense and offensively, how hard is it to get putbacks? Andersen can play C and can score from range. And Solo has great potential.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I forgot about Webber.

Webber was a better player than Hardaway. Not 3 1st round picks better but better. Orlando also had SHAQ. Had Webber gone to Orlando, they would have still be the best team in the East and maybe won it all.

I agree. I always thought Orlando should have built around Shaq and Webber and would have been fantastic.