• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The NBA's Best Athlete

EazyRoc

Alright, just trying to get an idea of what you guys think. Please refrain from being a homer, and be as unbiased as possible. I've seen all of those players do some very unbelievable things on the court. I personally picked Jason Maxiell, because I've seen him do some ridiculous put-backs and freakish blocks. In my mind, it's almost like a three way tie after him.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

but are you factoring in basketball skills? I'm talking strictly as an athlete.

Athletically speaking, I'd say Kobe is easily a step below Dwight/Smith/Lebron.

Yeah, Kobe is a top-notch athlete, but he isn't (at this point in his career) where Lebron and others are right now. I'm actually surprised no one has voted for LeBron.

Are you talking about just hops? What are you using to judge it? I think Kobe would be a great RB, WR, DB in football, he could be a track star, I bet he would be a hell of a baseball player too. He is the closest thing in the NBA to Michael Jordan and Jordan was the best athlete in the NBA IMO.

Quote:

Are you talking about just hops? What are you using to judge it? I think Kobe would be a great RB, WR, DB in football, he could be a track star, I bet he would be a hell of a baseball player too. He is the closest thing in the NBA to Michael Jordan and Jordan was the best athlete in the NBA IMO.

Mainly Hops, but you can factor in speed and quickness too.

I feel like this is groundhog's day and we've been through this before, but I would say the combination of hops, strength, speed, size, agility etc...

And I would say that dwight has kobe beat on size, hops (relative to size if not flat out), and strength. Kobe is probably faster / more agile.

Kobe has both of those without question. People seem to forget that he has also been a slam dunk champion. He doesn't have the raw strength that Howard has and he probably can't jump as high, but he still has big time hops and hang time. Lebron and Smoove are probably the only players in this group that have as much or more hang time than Kobe.

Quote:

Quote:

Mainly Hops, but you can factor in speed and quickness too. Well if your'e talking about hops its Josh Smith all day.

Just the fact that we are talking 'bout Smoove in this thread is proof he needs keeping smile.gif

I think its pretty much a toss-up across the board and "athletically" has a broad meaning. Hops, its Smoove, strength goes to Howard, and speed and etc. goes to Kobe and LBJ. Refine the poll, dude.

Quote:

Just the fact that we are talking 'bout Smoove in this thread is proof he needs keeping
smile.gif

I think its pretty much a toss-up across the board and "athletically" has a broad meaning. Hops, its Smoove, strength goes to Howard, and speed and etc. goes to Kobe and LBJ. Refine the poll, dude.

No need to refine the poll, because I want to know who is the best at all of the above. Not whose better for each individual category. "Whose the NBA's best athlete ?" What needs to be refined about that ?

Amare Stoudemire always struck me as being extremely athletic, especially the pre-injury version of Amare. He's probably not on an athletic par with those top guys, but IMO he's right up there- or at least he used to be.

Quote:

OK, then, Kobe, hands down. He could play any sport at any level.

Kobe could not play major league baseball and would have a very hard time playing in the NFL because of his height.

As for the NBA's best athlete I have a hard time picking between Josh, Dwight and LeBron because they are on a level that no one in the NBA can match.