The NBA's Best Athlete

EazyRoc

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I've seen KG and I also think I've seen Bosh dunk on Josh Smith straight on.

KG's dunk in the playoff? Josh just went through the motion on that one. Bosh dunk also doesn't merit any mention since it's not a power dunk.

Oh yeah... Tyrus Thomas was the other guy that dunk on Josh in full facial style. Although Ty have 2 steps on Josh.. it was a massive facial.

I haven't really see anyone that challenge Josh if he have full momentum going for the block (like when he's trailing on a break... not even Kobe dare to challenge him), but Amare and TT were very close.

Quote:

I'd like to throw Allen Iverson out there for consideration among the best athletes. His athleticism is what has allowed him to be a huge star at a severe disadvantage due to his height. He is an incredible athlete.

I agree with Iverson. His quickness is just amazing.

I will say this about "best athlete," it is hard to pick one guy since there are alot of things that go into the equation. Joe Johnson, for example, is not a very sudden or explosive athlete, but his body control and coordination are what make him such a good player. Kobe has more raw atheltic ability then Joe and he has that body control which makes him so much fun to watch - just so smooth. Josh Smith can jump out of the gym but just does not have the control that other guys have.

I still think Jordan is the best athlete I have seen play basketball. He had such a great comnination of explosiveness, quickness, coordination, strength and fearlessness that it will take someone truly extraordinary to knock him off the top spot.

Quote:

Quote:

You actually think lebron is quicker and has better hops than Kobe??
boing.gif

Yes, not to mention being much stronger.

Eh ? We're talking about Kobe Bryant. Not Kobe Schwarzenegger. LeBron is a world class athlete who is bigger and stronger than Kobe Bryant. They are just as fast and quick as one another, but the only difference is LeBron got about 20 lbs on Kobe. Kobe is a great athlete, but he's not top-knotch anymore.

Quote:

Quote:

It's Kobe Bryant without a doubt in my mind. There is nothing he isn't capable of doing.

You've got it right, hands down. He's the best player in the league, best athlete, period. I can't believe some of the names i'm seeing on this list, much less some people trying to justify some of those names over Kobe..... insanity.

Anything Kobe can do, LeBron can do it too, and probably better. The reason Jason Maxiell is on this list because he's 6'5" and plays PF/C extremely well. He is a very big, compact dude at 260 lbs and can do things a lot of taller players can't. He is an outstanding shotblocker (he was killing KG in the playoff game I saw) and he is easily one of the top 3 most explosive players in the league. Have you seen how fast he gets off the court ?