• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why can't Joe Dumars be in charge in the ATL?

bumpyphish1

I mean, damn....Talk about no nonsense....He seemed so shy out there on the court to me in the shadow of of Isiah, Laimbeer, and (lol) Rodman, but that interview today was great. Still, I am optimistic Sund is gonna do a good job for us....cautiously optimistic.

I can tell you one thing, Joe Dumars woulda fired Woody's azz by now, that is fow show.

Woodson and Flip have different basketball personalities. Flip will have players step in his chest and allow the usurping. It is what happened in Minny and Detroit. Woody had the same guys in Detroit and they openly support and respected him. Detroit guys played hard for Woody's defensive scheme's (as these much less-talented Hawks). Flip's guys lack the "effort".

If Sheed as he publicly blasted Flip(Also KG), during games to Woody, he would be in the locker room and there he may have had to fight.

Dumar's got tired of the players running over the coach as McHale was.

Why would you want him here?

Quote:

So you really think Woody is a better coach than Flip?

How come some of you amplify the negatives of any non-Woody HC by 100 while dividing Woody's negatives by 4?

Quick facts for some of you Woody fans..

Flip (53) has been in the NBA for 13 years (stepping down from a GM job). In those 13 years he has missed the playoffs twice (one year was fired with a .500 record at the time the other was his first year) in those 13 years. He has a career .587 winning percentage with his worst being .323.

Woody (50) has been in the NBA for 12 years (only 4 at a HC level). He has a career winning percentage as a HC of .323 with his worst being .159.

So while both being in the NBA for virtually the same amount of time Flip as been a HC for 9 more years and winning hundreds of more games. Yeah, I know he has had better teams to work with but there is a reason for that. No one in their right mind would give Woody a good team over a quality HC like Flip. Why do you think it took Woody this long to get a HC position (and had to be done by a "friend" at that)? There is a reason Flip keeps getting GOOD HC jobs and Woody has always been an assistant. Too bad some of you fail to see it.

Hey DSinner,

Don't bother man... Swat and Dolfan are two of a kind... They both think it's best to keep making babysteps... What they fail to realize is that the players don't and won't want to stay this course... Once we finally hit .500, five or so seasons from now with Woody as our coach, our stars will want bigger contracts and to go to a contender...

Anyway, their main argument is that all those that are in favor of dumping Woody now, being that there are soooo many more capable and seasoned HC prospects out there, are "young and naive"... Makes sense, huh?

Quote:

Hey DSinner,

Don't bother man... Swat and Dolfan are two of a kind... They both think it's best to keep making babysteps... What they fail to realize is that the players don't and won't want to stay this course... Once we finally hit .500, five or so seasons from now with Woody as our coach, our stars will want bigger contracts and to go to a contender...

Anyway, their main argument is that all those that are in favor of dumping Woody now, being that there are soooo many more capable and seasoned HC prospects out there, are "young and naive"... Makes sense, huh?

Typical long time Hawks fans. They've been seeing mediocrity out of managment for decades now and that's all they're used to. Sad part is we're below even normal Hawks standards right now and they're still cool with it. I'm personally sick of it.

Quote:

Quote:

Hey DSinner,

Typical long time Hawks fans. They've been seeing mediocrity out of managment for decades now and that's all they're used to. Sad part is we're below even normal Hawks standards right now and they're still cool with it. I'm personally sick of it.

Ditto

Quote:

Quote:

So you really think Woody is a better coach than Flip? Seems like Detroit thinks Woody is better than Flip since they want to interview him for the job that Flip just got Fliped from. lol

not that he's better just that the team already respects him......until Rip can't run around anymore lol.all of a sudden the stuff about Hawks making a mistake taking Law over Stuckey will soon HAULT.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So you really think Woody is a better coach than Flip? Seems like Detroit thinks Woody is better than Flip since they want to interview him for the job that Flip just got Fliped from. lol

Right, the job Flip got picked for first? I hope Woody does go to the Pistons. Then we can finaly see who's right about Woody's coaching ability. Although, I'm sure you will all find yet another excuse...ie. team too old, no legit center, no true allstar blah blah blah

Quote:

Quote:

How come some of you amplify the negatives of any non-Woody HC by 100 while dividing Woody's negatives by 4?

Flip (53) has been in the NBA for 13 years (stepping down from a GM job). In those 13 years he has missed the playoffs twice (one year was fired with a .500 record at the time the other was his first year) in those 13 years. He has a career .587 winning percentage with his worst being .323.

Woody (50) has been in the NBA for 12 years (only 4 at a HC level). He has a career winning percentage as a HC of .323 with his worst being .159.

So while both being in the NBA for virtually the same amount of time Flip as been a HC for 9 more years and winning hundreds of more games. Yeah, I know he has had better teams to work with but there is a reason for that. No one in their right mind would give Woody a good team over a quality HC like Flip. Why do you think it took Woody this long to get a HC position (and had to be done by a "friend" at that)? There is a reason Flip keeps getting GOOD HC jobs and Woody has always been an assistant. Too bad some of you fail to see it.

OK you know best. Tell me why the GM that just Fired Flip (second time in 4 years) and asked permission to talk to Woody?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OK you know best. Tell me why the GM that just Fired Flip (second time in 4 years) and asked permission to talk to Woody?

Because Mike Woodson has experience with most of the team's players. He knows how everything works in Detroit, and Dumars knows what he's getting with Mike Woodson. It came up recently that a few players didn't respect Flip. It's always been known here a few players have/had problems with Mike Woodson. Some coaches just aren't a right fit chemistry wise with some teams. However, Flip Saunders is a winner (look at his career win %) and so far Mike Woodson is a career loser. Sure our team makes strides and get better, as they should naturally after playing a couple hundred games. Flip Saunders has already proven that he can develop a lot of young talent. We are a team of athletes who needs a coach to help our young players make the next step, and I'm just not impressed at the rate of progression by any player on our team. Don't misunderstand me, I think we have some great players, but it took all of them 3 or 4 years to get where they are at. I think we are a team that knows how to play defense, but where we have always struggled was offense. Flip Saunders happens to be a great offensive coach, and a coach that also understands that our team has to play defense as well. He can take the Hawks to the next level, and I just don't think Mike Woodson would be able to do it with this roster. Maybe he'll perform better in Detroit, if he doesn't return to Atlanta. I think bringing in Rick Sund was to show we are bringing in veterans in to change the culture of the organization. I think bringing in Flip Saunders, a veteran coach with a great winning percentage, will bring respectability back to the Hawks. It would make it easier to bring in a good veteran free agent, after all this is the city of Atlanta.

I think bringing in Flip Saunders, a veteran coach with a great winning percentage, will bring respectability back to the Hawks. It would make it easier to bring in a good veteran free agent, after all this is the city of Atlanta.

Do you have no common sense at all ?

1. We have no money to target veteran free agents unless Chillz or Smith walk in FA and we get nothing in return.

2. Saunders is still under contract for another year at around $4 million. He will make that money sitting on the couch. If he signs with another team the contract is then voided. So why would anyone with a brain sign to coach the Hawks for $1.2 million when he could make $4million sitting on his own ars ?

Quote:

I think bringing in Flip Saunders, a veteran coach with a great winning percentage, will bring respectability back to the Hawks. It would make it easier to bring in a good veteran free agent, after all this is the city of Atlanta.

Do you have no common sense at all ?

1. We have no money to target veteran free agents unless Chillz or Smith walk in FA and we get nothing in return.

2. Saunders is still under contract for another year at around $4 million. He will make that money sitting on the couch. If he signs with another team the contract is then voided. So why would anyone with a brain sign to coach the Hawks for $1.2 million when he could make $4million sitting on his own ars ?

Hm. Instead of trying to insult me, you could come back with something substantial. Unless you are a member of the Hawks organization, you have no idea what the Hawks are going to spend on a coach or a free agent. What you are proposing is speculation, not fact or evidence. From what I have heard there are already more season ticket holders than last year, and I'm sure the ASG knows there's still plenty of time to sell more season tickets. You can't possibly know what the Hawks are going to do, because this situation is a crossroad and they could down many different roads. So, next time, try to actually contribute something to a discussion.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He probably hasn't seen a Hawks game since Woodson took over.