• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Politics - what I would love to see

DJlaysitup

I realize that politics and religion are normally bad subjects for a sports board - but this is the lounge and this post is "mainly" tongue-in-cheek.

FUTURE NEWS:

Since Barack Obama has now clinched the Democratic Nomination for the Democratic Party for president and John McCain has clinched the same for the Republican Party - both of these men have decided to be dead honest with the American public. "It all comes down to the VP" they both said.

Barack O'Bama explained that he has to be dead-assed honest and he has taken Jessie Jackson as his running mate - a man who has championed civil rights while filling his coffers with liberal money for decades. O'Bama turned down the requests from Cynthia McKinney (GA) and Loius Farrakhan to be his running mates.

John McCain followed suit - saying that "we have to give the American people a clear choice". McCain (in a surprise step across the aisle) has chosen West Virginia Senator Robert C. Byrd - a 90 year old who was once an Officer in the KKK. "As a man who once opposed the MLK holiday I feel it is necessary to get back to my roots" said McCain. If Senator Byrd doesn't live to the election my second choice will be Zell Miller from Georgia - who as a Lieutenant Governor in Georgia stood on the steps of the Statehouse refusing the MLK holiday.

Both said (paraphrasing) "this should give the American public a true choice".

In a side story - Hillary Clinton has since filed as an independent candidate with her husband Bill Clinton listed as the Vice Presidential candidate.

In another side story - multiple states have put amendments up for votes to keep homosexuals from being married.

eheheh.gif

In another side story - Americans are paying record prices at the gas pumps - houses are being foreclosed on in record numbers due to "preditory lending practices" - decent paying jobs are going overseas like crazy - and we have a national debt of around $33,000 per person.

Dont you think it wonderful that one of Bushes tramp daughters had a huge wedding that was highly publicized, while thousands of young men her age will never come home to their wives or Children again because of her father.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Doesn't McCain remind you of grandpa Hill on "King of the Hill"??

First debate..

Obama calls McCain: Too Experienced.

Mcain: "Don't sass me boy. You ain't too big for me to give you a lickin'"

Quote:

Dont you think it wonderful that one of Bushes tramp daughters had a huge wedding that was highly publicized, while thousands of young men her age will never come home to their wives or Children again because of her father.

I would take out the term "tramp"....but as a VFW member I hate to see young men losing there lives for oil.

Poeple don't realize though - as a nation we have pitifully low oil reserves - Canada KILLS us in that Department. The Texas "oil fields" weren't all that they were cracked up to be. If you look at the "oil map" at the Christian Science Monitor (CFM) website you will realize that Iraq has 4 times the oil we have - and it's much easier to get out of the ground.

Simple economics...you have something that we need...we can either buy or take it. In this case we took it.

Is that a good or a bad thing? I reserve my judgement.