• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves' execution

CBAreject

I think the Braves are one of the worst executing teams in the ML. This isn't anything new, as I've observed this in past years. They waste far too many runners who reach 3rd with less than 2 out.

Tonight, against the Phils, they are up 2-1, having scored their runs on (wouldn't you know it) a 2 run homer. However, they've had the bases loaded twice and failed to score. They've had a runner at 3rd with 1 out twice and both times ran him into an out at home.

Bobby Cox LOVES to try the squeeze play, but I swear, in all my years and years of watching Braves baseball, it has only worked 2-3 times. I've seen them waste the runner at 3rd with that play at least 3 times for every 1 time I've seen it work. That's horrible. He did it with Blanco when he had a 2-0 count. Sure, you figure the pitcher will try to throw a strike, but maybe he's having control issues and he won't be able to.

I believe that the Braves do NOT work on this aspect of the game (situational hitting...scoring runners from 3rd), and I believe it is THE most important aspect.

This is the most disgusting game I've seen in some time. Note all who watched that the Braves never once scored a runner who was in scoring position. McCann's homer was the only scoring, and it came with a runner on 1st. Francouer came up with a runner in scoring position 3 times and struck out or popped up every time. The Phillies, however, never wasted an opportunity to score.

This team is horrible, and it won't win the division. I'm tired of hearing about what a great manager Bobby Cox is, when his team cannot execute.

Quote:

Quote:

I think the Braves are one of the worst executing teams in the ML. This isn't anything new, as I've observed this in past years. They waste far too many runners who reach 3rd with less than 2 out.

Could not agree more!

They are proving you correct with each passing game. Lost every one of their games to Phillys in the 9th. Disgusting.