Given your drothers....

Diesel

• Premium Member

would you pay:

5 million on David Andersen.

12.5 million on Emeka Okafor.

3 million on DeSanga Diop.

2 million on Jamal Magloire.

or find a trade for either Jeff Foster or Joel Pryzibillia.

Any one of those would be a nice addition and could potentially help a LOT to address our shortage of quality and/or experienced bigs, but I'm really hoping David Andersen won't be getting 5 million per (I think he's probably the most realistic bet to end up in Atlanta, unless we trade his rights for some reason). Okafor would be the sweetest of all, but I'm afraid he's well out of our price range- and beyond that, the whole back injury thing really scares me. I'm not sure whether that's a chronic condition or not yet, but the thing about bad backs is that they can become chronic and degenerative pretty easily....and I would think especially so for a guy playing such a physically demanding position as center in the NBA, and the constant pounding upon the body that that job entails.

Diop for 3 million per would be a nice deal, IMO. That would seem a (relative) bargain, and so would Magliore at 2.

Anderon is gone now. Maglore is GARBAGE. Im not sure what the big Diop fascination is, he is a big time underachiever and has never really done anything. I think Okafor is unrealistic. Now Prysbilla is a great defensive player and Foster is a good rebounder. The problem is can they stay healthy. My choice out of all those guys is Prysbilla. I wonder what we have that could get him though?

Quote:

Anderon is gone now. Maglore is GARBAGE. Im not sure what the big Diop fascination is, he is a big time underachiever and has never really done anything. I think Okafor is unrealistic. Now Prysbilla is a great defensive player and Foster is a good rebounder. The problem is can they stay healthy. My choice out of all those guys is Prysbilla. I wonder what we have that could get him though?

Diop isn't an all star, but out of the crop of free agent big men, he's definitely the best post defender. He is one of the better post defenders in the league, and a solid rebounder. He may not be much on offense, but we need a big post defender/rebounder.

Quote:

Diop isn't an all star, but out of the crop of free agent big men, he's definitely the best post defender. He is one of the better post defenders in the league, and a solid rebounder. He may not be much on offense, but we need a big post defender/rebounder.

I remember that one of the San Antonio players publicly said that he was kind of happy with the Dallas/ NJ trade because Diop was one guy that gave them some trouble. Diop is not an offensive threat, but he does bring solid rebounding and post defense to the table.

Quote:

Quote:

I remember that one of the San Antonio players publicly said that he was kind of happy with the Dallas/ NJ trade because Diop was one guy that gave them some trouble. Diop is not an offensive threat, but he does bring solid rebounding and post defense to the table.

It was Tony Parker.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I would pay 3 million on Diop but he will probably cost more than that.

3 Million for Diop is a 5 year 16.25 million dollar deal. I think he might go for a little more. A team might offer him an MLE. What's that 6 million.. giving him 5 year 32.1 million dollars.

I just can't see offering him 6 million per year. I don't think he's worth that much. He doesn't have a defined offense and he can't play 30 minutes. I'd rather talk to Indy about either Jeff Foster or Troy Murphy.

I'd happily pay the 5 mill for Anderson, I am pretty upset that he decided to sign in Europe instead of come to the NBA (especially as an Australia fan).

Other than Anderson I still think we should throw a Jamario Moon style contract at Rod Benson.