• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pistons interested in Smoove; possible S-n-T

Devon

I just read it in the "Truth & Rumors" section on CNNSI.com

Said that the Pistons are ready to jump in the mix if Ol' Sund doesn't pony up a deal at over $11 million per

For some reason I am starting to feel that maybe we could be better off w/o Josh, especially if it lands us Billups/Prince or some variety...

Say Billups/Maxiell?

Thoughts

Very interesting...we have to be able to go a little over 11! Come on guys, if Joe friggin Dumars thinks he's worth more than that!

Not a bad package though if you have to give him up, Billups/Prince or B/Maxiell, but I still don't want to.

Billups and Prince for Josh Smith sounds pretty interesting but it leaves a big whole in the middle. Will need to move Bibby for a big. I would think this is to expensive a move for this cheap ass ASG group. Gets veteran leadership which is what wins in the playoffs. But leaves the frontcourt way to thin.

Billups/Law

Johnson/J. Childress

Prince/Williams

Horford

Center or PF?

Hawk88

Since Smoove would be BYC we can only take back half of what his salary will be so that means roughly 5.5 million can come back to us. Otherwise we have to start including players like Zaza (which creates another hole) or Speedy (if they would even take him) in order to make up some of that salary difference.

I highly doubt we will be doing a SnT with Smoove unless it gets us a lotto pick and a very good young player on his rookie deal.

This trade makes no sense at all. The point of getting Bibby was to let him finish off his contract here while developing Acie. Getting Chauncey means that Acie will get 10 mpg. Also, we have Marvin Williams, so where does Tay Prince play? PF?

I will trade Smoove for Rasheed and would also go after Rip (Move JJ to the 3) if we can also include Marvin

Not to mention you must get in the 125% rule, we will be using half of Smoove's salary and the Pistons will be using all of Smoove's salary in determining this. You can now start to understand the complications that this will bring.

Yep I think it would be pretty difficult to move him. Not only would we have to be happy with what we get back but the team we trade him to must have the cap room to absorb his contract or a 3rd team that is under the cap has to be involved to take back that extra salary.

Quote:

Billups and Prince for Josh Smith sounds pretty interesting but it leaves a big whole in the middle. Will need to move Bibby for a big. I would think this is to expensive a move for this cheap ass ASG group. Gets veteran leadership which is what wins in the playoffs. But leaves the frontcourt way to thin.

Billups/Law

Johnson/J. Childress

Prince/Williams

Horford

Center or PF?

THat lineup would suck considering we would have a center and Smoove is better than Tashun right now. Bibby out and Billups in is pretty much a lateral move at this point.

Hawk88

Quote:

This trade makes no sense at all. The point of getting Bibby was to let him finish off his contract here while developing Acie. Getting Chauncey means that Acie will get 10 mpg. Also, we have Marvin Williams, so where does Tay Prince play? PF?

I will trade Smoove for Rasheed and would also go after Rip (Move JJ to the 3) if we can also include Marvin

We can trade Bibby back to Sac for Brad Miller or trade Bibby to a team needing cap room for a Center. Trade Marvin as well if we get Prince.

We probably could get draft pick with Prince and Billups and trade Smith and Bibby.

Trade Marvin to Portland or some team who has a solid Center.

Billups/Acie

JJ/Chillz

Prince/ Affalo

Horford/ unno

A Center/Zaza

Championship calibur team with Billups grooming Acie. Horford can be a possible superstar. And Billups is one of the best PG's in the game.

Quote:

Quote:

Billups/Law

Johnson/J. Childress

Prince/Williams

Horford

Center or PF?

THat lineup would suck considering we would have a center and Smoove is better than Tashun right now. Bibby out and Billups in is pretty much a lateral move at this point.

Hawk88

Johnny, how is J Smith better then Prince??? Be real with yourself. Billups is one of the best PG's in the game right now. He was 3th best PG after CP3, and Deron and at times was better then both. Bibby is solid, but his weaknesses hurt us a lot. This trade would turn us into contenders barring we can get a solid to good Center for Marvin. We would have no reason to not beat any team in the NBA including Boston. If we can get Amir Johnson or Aron Affallo, that would help us as well.

We need a Center and depth this offseason. This trade turns us into contenders for years to come. This trade is the one that would rival Boston KG trade last offseason.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Billups/Law

Johnson/J. Childress

Prince/Williams

Horford

Center or PF?

Hawk88

Johnny, how is J Smith better then Prince??? Be real with yourself. Billups is one of the best PG's in the game right now. He was 3th best PG after CP3, and Deron and at times was better then both. Bibby is solid, but his weaknesses hurt us a lot. This trade would turn us into contenders barring we can get a solid to good Center for Marvin. We would have no reason to not beat any team in the NBA including Boston. If we can get Amir Johnson or Aron Affallo, that would help us as well.

We need a Center and depth this offseason. This trade turns us into contenders for years to come. This trade is the one that would rival Boston KG trade last offseason.

I was just listening to the 2 Live Stews. They had a guy from Detroit on their "Rapid Stew" bit. When Ryan asked, "does Detroit want Josh Smith," the guy replied "yeah and 29 other teams."

People are taking notice at this guy.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Billups/Law

Johnson/J. Childress

Prince/Williams

Horford

Center or PF?

Hawk88

I was just listening to the 2 Live Stews. They had a guy from Detroit on their "Rapid Stew" bit. When Ryan asked, "does Detroit want Josh Smith," the guy replied "yeah and 29 other teams."

People are taking notice at this guy.

It not a surprise, Smith is the most athetic player in the league. He can change the momentum of games with his shotblocking abitilty and that was on full display for the whole league in the playoffs. Like I said in the playoffs, Smith made himself a lot of money becuase ppl aren't going to forget the trouble he gave KG in Atlanta.

I'm not aganist keep him anymore, but if we can get a elite PG and a middle aged 2nd tier all round SF then I'm all for the trade. Billups and Prince will fit in Atlanta being that this is the system they ran when Larry Brown coached Det. As for Marvin, I love him but a trade is likely and we really need a Center. I would love to sign Foyle and use Marvin off the bench and us him in a Toni Kukoc role like Chicago did in the 90's.

I would ONLY trade Smith if it's a can't miss deal or it makes us a contender for 3 to 5 years or more. This trade does that.