• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Odom?

ATL_BALLER

You wouldn't have to deal your best. The clips need a center. You could have him for Nazr and a 2nd round pick. Or you could give the protected 1st and the rights to Anderson....The clips don't want him, his impending salary or the headache of the 3rd strike looming....problem is fitting him in salary wise. And yes we want him.

Resign a healthy Dj, Add Odom and you've got something good.

JT,DJ,Odom,SAR,Theo (This is a Long, Quick lineup).

DD,Hansen,Diaw,Hendu,Willis.

CC,Steve Smith.

Notice what adding Odom does??? Puts 2 ball handlers on the floor at all times. No more Traps!!! We get Taller on Both units. More rebounds. Much better perimeter defense from both units. And depending on what the Jazz's offer is, this entire unit could be had for about 52 mil or 2 mil under the luxury tax.

That's all nice, but do you really think Odom could be had for Nazr and a 2nd round pick? I know D.Sterling has made some dumb moves, but I don't think he'd do that one. Odom is one of those players that you would love to have on your team, but you don't wanna pay too much for him. A lineup of Theo/SAR/Odom/Diaw/JT is all gravy, but I don't see it happening..Not without trading one of our top guys; which I am not willing to do to get a complimentary player...

J

Yes I think Odom could be had for Nazr and a 2nd rounder or 2.

Odom has had 2 strikes with the league. The clips love what he brings to the floor, don't get me wrong. But Odom doesn't want to be there and they don't want to lose him for nothing.

Nazr will make about 4 mil this year.

Jt will start making about 7. Sign and trade for Odom at about 5 mil a year first year and it's done. Give him a 2 year deal with a player option for a 3rd at bigger money and he (Odom) would do it. And Jt could sell him on the idea.

• Premium Member

You make a big Deal out of 2 strikes. It means NOTHING. Pippen has two strikes and a gun charge. Nothing. Rider had 2 strikes with the Hawks and he was able to find work easily with the championship Lakers even. Webber has two strikes from his DC days. Stoudamire has 1,2,3,4,5... [censored] how many strikes does Stoudamire have. I know he has been caught twice at the airport and once at home.

Last year Kemp violated the drug policy.

The other thing is that there is an out for all the players. IF they voluntarily enter into a rehab program ala Kemp and Stoudamire, it's like the league wipes the slate clean....

The NBA Drug policy says:

In reply to:

Testing

* All players are tested at least once during the four-week preseason. Rookies are tested three more times, randomly and without notification, each season. Veterans are tested once during the preseason.

* If a veteran tests positive, he is tested again during a season only if there is reasonable cause. A doctor or counselor from the league-mandated program determines whether there is reasonable cause.

The last time Odom was caught (his second violation) was in Nov 2001. He was with Isiah Rider.

There is really no reasonable cause to suspect that Odom is back on the sticky. Especially after 2 season. I think this is the reason that Miami is considering the 9 million dollar offer.

Even if the Clips were inclined to do such a deal, Odom will get a bigger offer than Nazr makes from the Heat and/or the Nuggets, particularly if those teams don't think the Clips will match.

If the Clips could resign Odom for what Nazr makes (around $5 million), it would already be done. Nazr wasn't worth Odom when he was healthy and now he has a pin in his foot and he missed most of last season. That deal will NEVER happen.

• Admin

The Clipps want to keep Odom. They know the player this guy can be if he gets his act together and stays healthy. They are waiting for a team to give him an offer so they can match it.

Nazr will not get him, Theo probably could.

I think the team where we could get a sf for Nazr is Memphis. They are stockpiling Sfs and they do not have a C. They don't like Lo. I think we could get Battier for Nazr and a 2nd rounder. He might be a nice fit for this team too. Our biggest problem is finding a third scorer.

• Premium Member

At this point....

I would trade Theo for Lo/Battier. or Theo/CC for Lo/Persons.

I know Battier is one of the guys that Knight brought in with LO.

I Just happen to believe that we could use the SF. I also believe that Memphis won't go for Nazr on the count of his pin in his foot. Next year, he should be fine but everybody remembers Grant Hill.

That would be a nice squad:

Lo/SAR/Persons/Diaw/JT.

I feel that Lo is a much better rebounder than Theo.

Often, I've said, "Please get Battier. I really like him."

I was told, and I guess it was true, we already have Neuble

and they are much the same type player and we don't

need two of them. If Nazr can get us Battier, and I am sure

other players would have to be added to the mix to make it work, then we have our replacement for Ira.

There's still dealing to get done. I'm sure the Hawks have

their fishing pole and the lines are in the water.

Whether we do any good or not, we'll just have to wait

and see.

At least, we can have the enjoyment of speculation as

to what the final "Catch" will look like when the fishing

season is over and the N.B.A. season starts.