• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If you had the #1 pick who would you pick ?

coachx

to answer my own question:

Is Rose over hyped ? Yes. However, I would still take him #1 after not sleeping for a week. However, Beasley may forever haunt my dreams.

Is Beasley undervalued ? Hard to call the consensus #2 pick undervalued but I will say ...yes he is. He will be the real deal. Charles Barkley like nastiness with the ability to score on taller players in the paint. I don't buy the Derrick Coleman stuff. Coleman was a legit 6'10'' and never as athletic as Beasley. I see Beasley as a young Larry Johnson type of SF/PF at 6'8''......Had LJ not blown out his knees he would be a Hall of Famer. His shot is so sweet he could be a rare combination of a Big Dog - Glenn Robinsinson mixed with the rebounding and inside scoring of a Charles Barkley.......Only time will tell but he is defintely a for sure thing.

Beasley will win rookie of the year and have the bigger impact from day #1. Not so sure about years 2-10.

If Pat Riley doesn't take Beasley, I think its about time to put him in a home.

I know Wade likes Mayo, but Kobe wanted to play with Kidd at the expense of Bynum even though it was obvious to everyone that Kidd was washed up as hell and he can't shoot well enough to be a big time threat in the triangle (disregard who good Bynum got). Can't let your players make your personnel decisions because they are even more clueless than GMs.

Beasley is going to be a double-double, or near double-double player from the start. He has the same standing reach as Al, he is as strong as any player in the draft, he has great handles and a jumper... he is the perfect PnR partner for DWade.

I picked Beasley for all 3 because I like what I saw of him when I watched him play. As far as Rose it's been awhile since a PG picked top 3 hasn't turned out to be pretty damn good so ultimately you can't go wrong either way.

Quote:

Rose.

Harder to find an elite PG than an elite PF.

So would you take Mike Conley Jr over Kevin Durant last year?

That is not the logic that you should use.

PG is the most overrated position in basketball. Harder to win without an elite post player than it is to win without an elite PG.

You have to have a Jordan, Magic, or get lucky like the Bad Boy Pistons to win without a go to guy in the post.

I'd take Beasley in all three scenarios.

Kid has potential to be Amare meets Boozer with better range and rebounding than both.

Quote:

So would you take Mike Conley Jr over Kevin Durant last year?

Um ... WTF?

Rose > Conley, Jr

Durant > Beasley

Terrible analogy.

Quote:

Kid has potential to be Amare meets Boozer with better range and rebounding than both.

And do you see either of those players winning a championship? Ever?

I dont buy all this Rose hype. I just didnt see his play at Memphis being worth a #1 pick. I laughed hard when I heard Bilas say he will be great because he was trained by Rod Strickland. Lmfao, ya gotta be kidding me. Also there have been some bust pg taken in the top 3. Jay Williams comes to mind and so does Steve Francis.

Quote:

I'd take Beasley and trade Marvin.I like Rose but we have Acie already but if we didn't,Rose all the way.

Your love for Acie has begun to cloud ur judgement. Rose is a future all star and although I hope Acie will be good I don't see him ever being better than rose.

I chose Rose all three times because he is a special player.

I'd take Rose for us, no looking back. For a freshman player, he impressed the hell out of me. He always plays so hard, as hard as anyone in basketball really. Pure desire, all he wants is to be on the court, and you can tell. You will never have any worry about him becoming lazy or uncaring. And he can do it all, ya know? He plays good defense, he can be a scoring PG, a pass first point, or a combination of both- whatever you need. And he's smart, I mean you can tell. He just seems to have this innate understanding of how to play the point guard position, so he rarely makes mistakes, and he's a brilliant passer. And holy cow is that kid fast. He can slice his way to the hoop like nobody's bidness, and the thought of a PG with that kind of floor vision, quickness, passing skills, decision making and intelligence leading this team of thoroughbred athletes on the run....well it kind of makes me drool a little bit.

Everyone seems to think he needs to play in an uptempo offense though, so who knows if he'd work out here. Woody might stunt his growth, but IMO he's a guy honestly worth tailoring your entire system around. Throw out the old one and design a new one to maximize the skills this guy has, cause he can definitely push it and he makes certain to try and involve every one of his teammates along with him. I really believe he's that good.

Quote:

If I remember correctly, just about everybody I know was all for the firing of Billy Knight because he consistently drafted forwards (except for Acie)... Yet, alot of people on here are for taking Beasley over Rose or Mayo? Hmmm...

If we didn't draft Acie or he didn't look like he would be good in the NBA (which he proved me wrong on last year seeing as how I didn't want him in the draft),and Marvin didn't turn out to suck I would be all for Rose or Mayo. but I believe Acie can start for us a be very good and Marvin needs to be traded therefore we need a SF. in 05 I wanted Paul,in 06 I wanted Marcus Williams,in 07 I wanted Conley. U see the pattern?I never thought Acie would be good till I saw him exclusively. I never was a fan or forwards. I didn't even want Horford,but he proved me wrong just like Acie has. On draft night I was bitching about how we WASTED 2 lotto picks. boy was I wrong on both picks.and to the other guy,just because I support Acie and thinks he will be good doesn't mean I just love him.Rose hasn't stepped on the court yet. I'd like to see the 2 go head to head. I have a feeling he won't tear it up like y'all think.but he can prove me wrong too. hey but what do I know?people said I loved Roddy White for 2 years lol. If Acie does turn out good y'all are just gonna ignore all this and act like what u previously said wasn't stupid beyond measure so there's no point to get personal just because I support guys that y'all don't care much for (after one frickin year with injuries and Woody lol)

Quote:

If I remember correctly, just about everybody I know was all for the firing of Billy Knight because he consistently drafted forwards (except for Acie)... Yet, alot of people on here are for taking Beasley over Rose or Mayo? Hmmm...

a) Chris Paul and Deron Williams were better college players than Derrick Rose b) Michael Beasley was a faaaaaaaaaaar better college player than Marvin Williams (he put up numbers as a freshman that simply blew away any other freshman season - including Melo and Durant) c) Paul/Williams were better than Marv, Marv may have had more potential in some peoples eyes but Beasely is better than Rose and its hard to say that Rose has more potential than Beasley and d) Beasley is a better prospect than any of the forwards BK drafted, by a considerable margin.

I like Rose, I see why he is a top 2 pick, but he isn't Paul or Williams in terms court vision or shooting ability. He certainly has decent court vision but he isn't a passing prodigy. He is ubelievably quick and has one of the nastiest crossovers I've ever see but Beasley really is the total package.