• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Smith for Gasol

plato

If the Hawks aren't going to resign Smith for 11+ million, they might as well sign and trade him for a legit big man. Gasol is one of the better centers in the league and he's still fairly young.

Gasol

Horford

Marvin

JJ

Bibby/Law

Gasol runs the floor well and is also a very good passer. He'd be ideal in the fast break game the Hawks should run. The Lakers would do it as well.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I like Gasol, but not as a 5. He reminds me WAY too much of Zaza in the sense that he's at least 6'11 but it way too soft. I, too, think we will re-sign Smith.

I think Kindred Perkins reminded us of how weak Gasol is! The old grass is greener syndrome is in full effect for guys like Gasol, Jefferson, & Lamar Odum

Quote:

If the Hawks aren't going to resign Smith for 11+ million, they might as well sign and trade him for a legit big man. Gasol is one of the better centers in the league and he's still fairly young.

No thanks. Gasoft = no D. We need more of a defensive and rebounding physical center.

Gasol is a legit 5 to me. People are dogging him a little too much because of the finals. Okay, so he couldn't outclass a possessed Kevin Garnett. If I had a nickel for every player who you could say that about, I could personally pay for the Josh Smith re-signing. He's still a great player and made the Lakers a true championship contender.

Quote:

Gasol is a legit 5 to me. People are dogging him a little too much because of the finals. Okay, so he couldn't outclass a possessed Kevin Garnett. If I had a nickel for every player who you could say that about, I could personally pay for the Josh Smith re-signing. He's still a great player and made the Lakers a true championship contender.

Gasol is soft as baby [censored].It don't matter who he went against.If someone touched him he backed up,he aint going to the rim.He's a big reason they lost.He's one of the Lakers biggest trademark softies from that series.