• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hello, Sund, dump your strategy &...

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

..and trade up for a pick to get DeAndre Jordan. The guy is still on the board at 25. We couldn't get a better player much less a guy with top 10 athleticism at the center position for the cost of a late 1st rder.

W

Quote:

..and trade up for a pick to get DeAndre Jordan. The guy is still on the board at 25. We couldn't get a better player much less a guy with top 10 athleticism at the center position for the cost of a late 1st rder.

W

I'm on board. He's a true (left-handed) 7 footer with crazy athleticism.

Guest Walter

longer! Get some balls man. Make some moves. Be active. DeAndre is currently the biggest steal of this draft at this position, wouldn't cost us a hang nail, would immediately have significant trade value, and guess what WE STILL NEED A CENTER PROSPECT!

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Goes against everything they've said . . . . needing vets. I think it's a sentimental pick that will not be realized.

They NEED talent, be it vets or otherwise. It's not like it takes a whole lot to trade up for the 26th pick in the draft. We have to fill out the roster somehow, the 26th pick costs nothing, and we can still get "vets" just as easily.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Getting a pick right now will only cost $$$, no basketball assets. Until we are the Spurs we don't have enough talent to stop acquiring young players. Is DeAndre Jordan a better prospect than Jeremy Richardson or Solomon Jones? YES.

They might even send cash to us to take it. Trade for a pick and draft this guy! How long have we needed a top 10 center talent and DeAndre is AT LEAST athletically this guy. You mean we picked Shelden [censored] Williams 5th because we needed a "center" and we won't trade up to get DeAndre Jordan at 29. Wait, now 30. This is crazy.

W

Guest Walter

It's the 30th pick not the 5th. I recall how well you did your homework on SW. You pushed for the biggest draft bust in Hawks' history. Even Koncak managed 10x as much as fellow 5th pick SW. And you want to tell me to do my homework? Laughable.

Quote:

longer! Get some balls man. Make some moves. Be active. DeAndre is currently the biggest steal of this draft at this position, wouldn't cost us a hang nail, would immediately have significant trade value, and guess what WE STILL NEED A CENTER PROSPECT!

W

I think the owners have him by the balls.

Guest Walter

Quote:

If this kid is so good why didn't he get picked in the first round?

Because he's a RAW center prospect who hit the wall at the end of his 2nd year, BUT, as Draft Express put it...

Quote:

Watching his film, and looking beyond his stats, it’s not difficult to tell why
(he'll be a lottery pick this year - it was the belief at the time)
. Jordan is about as rare a physical specimen as you’ll find, the type that NBA teams have a very difficult time passing up when considering what he might develop into down the road. Jordan is a legit 7-footer with a pterodactyl wingspan, outstanding hands, and unbelievable athleticism—showing terrific quickness, incredible explosiveness getting off his feet, running the floor like a deer, and making highlight reel caliber plays at times that few players in the world are able to execute.

W

I haven't seen this guy but i do know that in general bigs are frequently picked higher than they should be because it is hard to get i quality bigs. GM's are frequently prone to gambling on a raw big.

With that in mind it is a pretty big red flag that this guy has fallen so far.

• Moderators

Quote:

With that in mind it is a pretty big red flag that this guy has fallen so far.

Isn't that right about where both Rashard Lewis and Gilbert Arenas went? I wouldn't bet on Jordan to be a star or anything but I wouldn't count him out just because he got passed on in the first round.