• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you do this?

Diesel

• Premium Member

First let me state for the record that I wouldn't do this deal because of the knee and the fact that I like Horf. BUT...

Last three games.

Date Opponent Result MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OFF DEF REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

Jan 13 vs. MEM W 100 - 99 20 5 - 7 0 - 0 0 - 0 1 8 9 3 0 0 0 0 10

Jan 11 vs. MIL W 110 - 105 37 10 - 13 0 - 0 5 - 8 6 11 17 2 0 3 0 1 25

Jan 09 @ NOH W 109 - 80 28 8 - 10 0 - 0 1 - 2 2 7 9 4 0 3 0 3 17

It's evident that Bynum has a better offensive game than Horf. Bynum is a true 7'0 285 lb Center. He's a better shotblocker than Horf. LA could offer this deal if they felt that Gasol's best position was C and they needed a strong PF to counter his Finesse. However, if they did offer this deal, I would still be suspect of the knee.

However, if the knee was 100%, this deal is a win for the Hawks.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Horford for Bynum.

If there weren't big question marks about Bynum's knee, I would do it without thinking twice. However, I don't think I would do it now.

If he were healthy, the prospect of Smoove/Bynum in the Frontcourt is scary!!!

I don't think this is a terrible deal (like the Washington one) based on physical talent. I add a lot of value to the fact that Horford is going to be our team leader before we know it. Bynum knows zero about leading. Horford MIGHT only be about a year older than Bynum and he is already averaging a double-double in the flow of the game.

Assuming Josh Smith continues to mature both physically and emotionally, I'm pretty satisfied with the Joe/Smith/Horford core and see what we can get for Bibby/Marvin as a 4th cog.

My no vote on this trade is the health issue of Bynum and the energy Horford gives the Hawks. If we did this trade I could see Horford being an nba finals mvp in the not too distant future while Byum would be in a sharp suit keeping Alan Hendersons old seat warm for 3 or 4 years.

Per minute production it wasn't even close last year, Bynum. It is all an issue of health.

I think Horford is built strong enough that he won't ever have injury troubles, I see him as a very consistent player in every sense of the word.

Quote:

Per minute production it wasn't even close last year, Bynum. It is all an issue of health.

I think Horford is built strong enough that he won't ever have injury troubles, I see him as a very consistent player in every sense of the word.

Before Bynum got hurt, he was consistently having 20/20 games, man. Bynum is the next transcendent big man, and the only guy I think that would give Dwight Howard problems.

If his knee is 100% i would do it...this trade would actually help both teams and compliment both Smith with Bynum & Gasol with Horford