• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al is part of select team to scrimmage Team USA.

DJ_Money

Given that the Rocky Mountain Revue is from July 18-25, I guess we now know that Al won't be there...not the entire time, at least.

I'd say scrimmaging Team USA is better experience than playing a bunch of guys bound for Europe.

Quote:

Celtics guard Rajon Rondo and center Kendrick Perkins will not play for a select team that will scrimmage the US Olympic team July 21-24 in Las Vegas, but several talented young players will challenge the NBA stars. The projected roster includes Timberwolves forward Al Jefferson, Atlanta's Al Horford, Portland's LaMarcus Aldridge, Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala, Seattle's Kevin Durant and Jeff Green, Sacramento's Kevin Martin, Detroit's Rodney Stuckey, and Chicago's Derrick Rose.

Quote:

C- Al Jefferson

PF- Al Horford

SF- Kevin Durant

SG- Kevin Martin

PG- Derrick Rose

Barring Horford, that looks like a future U.S. Olympic team right there.

What r u talking about?

Horford is the best player on that list, get a life. Don't get offfended.

Quote:

Quote:

C- Al Jefferson

PF- Al Horford

SF- Kevin Durant

SG- Kevin Martin

PG- Derrick Rose

What r u talking about?

I guess he's expecting Horford to play for the Dominican Republic and therefore he will not be on a future U.S. Olympic team.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

C- Al Jefferson

PF- Al Horford

SF- Kevin Durant

SG- Kevin Martin

PG- Derrick Rose

What r u talking about?

As big as a Horford fan I am, he's not the best on that list. He's also not from the United States and has stated in an interview about how he would play for the Dominican Republic.

Quote:

Regardless of who is the best, it is great experience to play with guys at this level. One more step in his maturity towards being an allstar. He should learn a lot from these guys.

Definitely.

Sweet. Congrats to Al. This is a major honor for him, and shows the esteem he's held in throughout basketball.

Quote:

they're going to get destroyed

Looks like somebody's completely missed the point here. The won/loss result doesn't even matter, nor does the margin of victory- in fact those things couldn't be any more irrelevant. It's not a game, it's a scrimmage, with the design being to give Team USA a quality test drive against a team full of very promising youngsters. Don't minimize Al's achievement in making this team by saying "Oh well, they're going to get destroyed". That's pretty lame in my opinion, and no matter what happens Al can only benefit from going up against that caliber of competition on Team USA....and also playing with a group of young players as highly skilled and talented as he is. Hell, even the coaching they're going to be provided with, I'm sure will be quite a bit better than Woody's been able to give him.

Kinda random, but speaking of Al, does anyone know where I can find how many double doubles he had in the season and those kind of stats? I'm looking for those kind of stats along with Smith's double-doubles, triple-doubles if any, etc. I'm just interested in those kind of stats for some reason...

Quote:

Kinda random, but speaking of Al, does anyone know where I can find how many double doubles he had in the season and those kind of stats? I'm looking for those kind of stats along with Smith's double-doubles, triple-doubles if any, etc. I'm just interested in those kind of stats for some reason...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/al_horford/career_stats.html

Quote:

C- Al Jefferson

PF- Al Horford

SF- Kevin Durant

SG- Kevin Martin

PG- Derrick Rose

I saw where one place had Kevin Durant listed as a PF...surely that's not how they're viewing him on the scrimmage team?

Then again, I'm getting the feeling that team USA is going to try to play a more international game, with smaller line-ups.