• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jay's take on the Terry Offer

I said nothing about the league doing better with a non-designated Guard. I said that this is the way the NBA is going right now.

And for you to say that a team featuring JT and Duncan wouldn't go anywhere... well, this shouldn't even warrant a response. Diesel, when did you lose your mind? Duncan shall always be in the playoffs, just like Shaq, Kidd, and AI will always be. I'm not saying that a team featuring JT and Duncan would be the greatest match in the world, but come on, have a little common sense.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

In reply to:

Now, tell me this. How many "dominant C" are in the league right now? I can think of Shaq, um, ah... Duncan's a PF... so yeah, that makes Shaq.

Uhm... How about Shaq, Yao, Mourning, Olowakhandi, Dikembe, Eddy Curry, and Brad Miller.

In reply to:

But this is about JT. Out there in free agency land, do you see anyone that is of the quality of JT, they being a "bonafide PG"? No other names seem to be getting my attention. Sure, you could say JKidd, but he's taken.

You must rightly define what JT is. He's a SG. NOw when you put him in his class with other SGs..

Iverson, Rip Halmilton, Ray Allen, Vince, Tmac, Kobe, Houston, and a whole host of others, JT becomes less impressive. Yes, it's nice to have a 17 ppg PG. However, if that PG cannot run the offense what good is he?

That's the problem with you guys belief that JT will all the sudden one day become a PG. It's like you have played your playstation so long that you start to believe if you put any 5 starters out there with no designation that it should work.

However, tell me this... Why not play Tmac at PG. I mean, Orlando doesn't have a true PG right now. On the year, McGrady has about a 2:1 a/to ratio. While playing at the SG position, McGrady put up 5.5 apg. Would you play him as a PG... I mean, they need somebody?

Please explain to me why you would do it or why not??

who was the great pg on the lakers teams? or michael's bulls?

seems to me as the team shares the responsibilities of the point guard role, or the post-up role, or the shooter role, what does it matter who wears what position tag?

could mcgardy be a pg? not in the traditional sense, but could he have some point guard-type responsibilities, i would say he already has assumed some of those, just like michael and scottie did during their run, and just like kobe did during their run.

who was the great pg on the lakers teams? or michael's bulls?

seems to me as the team shares the responsibilities of the point guard role, or the post-up role, or the shooter role, what does it matter who wears what position tag?

could mcgardy be a pg? not in the traditional sense, but could he have some point guard-type responsibilities, i would say he already has assumed some of those, just like michael and scottie did during their run, and just like kobe did during their run.

Shaq, yes. Yao, one day. Curry, maybe one day. The rest, sorry, I don't consider them a "dominant C". They are C's but not dominant. You did notice that I asked for "dominant C's", right?

And, yet again, you designate JT's position. He is a GUARD. G. U. A. R. D. GUARD. Can you say that? Or maybe you cannot comprehend this statement. Yes, he is a SG in a PG's body; in other words, a GUARD. Why is it so hard for you to see any other prospective than yours?

Also, I'm not positive but I believe that at times last season, TMac did play the point position.

This is horrible,why should I try to conversate about the Hawks with these,Ignorant,old,fogies???? Diesel is a jack-off fool who won't get of John Stockton's or Big Dog's Balls & Hotlanta is nothing but Diesels lil' sidekick! Everyone else on th board is cool, but you two old guys need to keep your secret love-life in the shadows. Little advise Diesel,if you stay on hotlantas balls for too long you may catch somethin' from that [censored]...........................Peace

Old??I'm 22 years old.

You can't take others opinions that are different than

yours?There is no reason at all for you to leave this

board.I've done nothing to you and it;s only been you

that has attacked over and over again since you got

here.

I'm nobody sidekick.I've had my brawls with just about

everyone here.

You must be a teenager because you sound like one.

• Premium Member

On Micheal's Bulls team, there was a position that was born called the POINT Forward. Scottie Pippen was the first Point forward, others in the league are: Odom, Toni Kukoc, and possibly Joe Johnson.

The difference is that in the triangle, that's possible. It also happened in LAL with Kobe playing some Point forward and initiating the offense.

However, we are talking top 50 type players who are given this role.

I refer you back to Dallas for a History Lesson. Dallas tried to run the triangle offense too. They used Mash as the point forward. You think it'd work, but it failed misraebly. The reason being is that in the triangle, you need a good ball handling forward, but you also need a dominate guard. Jimmy jackson wasn't that. Still, it interesting that the only examples you have is the triangle. I don't think you'd really like it. It's an offense that's very slow and is the epitome of walk it up. You need a dominate Sg and a PG that can nail the three pointer. The PF is useless until it comes to rebounding.

When you seek to go after that kind of system, you have to already have personnell that fits. I believe JT could work in a triangle. He's that NON gaurd like Kerr was who can be counted on to nail the three. But we are not built for it.

• Premium Member

Dude...

Nobody cares....

That's the sad truth. You are some whiny little bit h that if people don't agree with you then you pick up your ball your bat and leave?? Where are your balls. Why don't you grow a sack and then come back. Because you will find that it's more interesting when we disagree and not disagree for the sake of disagreeing (that means we all have our good reasons) than if we were all here in perfect agreement.

How about this. We all agree that we like the Hawks. There. There's your world of Uniformity. However, the interest in us even conversating is that we can share OUR OWN views on what's best for our favorite team.

Until you understand that, you will always be picking up your ball and bat.