• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jay's take on the Terry Offer

KB is not in JT's butt, but you sure all over it for no reason. You want a J. Kidd type of PG because I guess JT is not giving the stats that you want, is all there in black and white.....17+ppg and 7+apg.

I agree is KB 100%, we arent saying that JT will be a great PG, although he can be, but he is a d@mn good one. And there are very few PG's I rather go to war with JT instead of JT.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 million on the average... look at his PEERS at PG... if u dont think hes as good as BDavis, then okay- hes gettin a lil less than BDiddy. What u think about Mike Bibby? If u compare JTs salary to Mike Bibby and compare their production, we get a GREAT DEAL

• Premium Member

If you had read closely, I said that I was not comparing JT to Koncak.. Only the situations. That means that we allowed ANOTHER team to cause us to OVERPAY one of our players. In Koncak's case it was Detroit.

JT may have good stats but why is it that his teams are so bad. Why is it that we are always looking for Someone to supplement JT's lack of PGing ability.

You know... JJ, Toni, Email, Diaw.... The list continues.

Thirdly, I would love to Keep JT at a more reasonable price. Mr H. has mentioned a 6 year 47 million dollar deal. I would like it to be 6 year 45 million but I would take 47 in a pinch. I don't think JT is worth that much being that he's a player that we would have to supplement other position for. i.e. Diaw without JT is USELESS. We missed out on a good player like Josh Howard so that we can get a supplement for JT. That makes no sense....

You have yet to say that Terry is a GOOD GUARD. You continue to say he is a bad point, but that's part of what the article was saying. It was saying that people realize that he is a GUARD, not a point or shooting, just GUARD. So stop ratting on him and realize for yourself that he is a GUARD. G_U_A_R_D_!

• Premium Member

I don't even know how you can call yourself credible with logic like that. Avalons go for about 30K.. .But you'd happily spend 63k for one... You say " Why NOT".

tisk tisk tisk....

I think that Bibby and Arenas are over paid... Certainly. Davis may or may not be. I have to see him with a different coach.

The point is... Just because everybody else is doing it, doesn't mean that we ought to. [censored], where is the common sense?

Would I spend Kia money on a Kia? I would doggone sure spend Kia money on a Kia before I spent Lexus money on a Toyota.

Why?... Because it makes sense.

• Premium Member

You must understand.. There must be a differentiation between a POINT GUARD and a SHooting Guard. And that Guard just doesn't cut it. I have said on many occassion that JT is a good Player and a very good SG... BUt he's a bad PG. I relate Terry to ALlen Iverson.

Check the record.

If you raced cars for a living, you might be better off spending Lexus money on a Toyota than Kia money on a Kia.

You need a decent team to attract good players. Paying players their worth can't be your main goal. Or else you'll end up with a lineup full of cheap bums

"JT may have good stats but why is it that his teams are so bad. Why is it that we are always looking for Someone to supplement JT's lack of PGing ability.

You know... JJ, Toni, Email, Diaw.... The list continues. "

Its called building around your core players...get a clue!

Same dam reason why you won't ever see Kidd sharing the backcourt in NJ with a guard who isn't a decent shooter...because that backcourt wouldn't work.

Your stuck in the Old Ages if you think that there has to be a seperating line between Point and Shooting Guard's. The NBA is continually moving forward. Are Centers the same as a decade ago? I see many PF's and even SF's playing Center now. Does that make them any worse? Same goes with the SG and SF position, i.e. swingman. Does it make them a bad player for being called a swingman?

Yes, Diesel, this is the future; where diversity is welcome and prejudice is lossing ground everyday. Welcome to a new age, now please try to keep up.

Diesel must think Stephon Marbury is one of those players who puts up good stats but really isn't a good player because his teams haven't won.

I mean, Marbury has been in the league since 1996, and this was the first year he has lead a team to the playoffs.

The reason I question JT as a PG because he just doesn't

seem like a smart player.Perhaps he just hasn't been

coached well on this level....I guess we might get to

findout this year if a good coach is selected.

He's caught back in the 1970s with Lenny Wilkens. Diesel isn't a person that believes in transition basketball. He is a full supporter of Lenny's "walk the ball up the court" style of basketball.

You see, he's such a Lenny Wilkens fan that he can't see the game is changed and passed them both by a long time ago.

Today, you are seeing more teams go to a two point guard offense because the development and the need for a "true" point guard is no longer there. The scoring point guard is the current wave.

Today, you are seeing more and more 7 foot big men that can step out on the perimeter and shoot while also being able to handle the ball. Notice that Diesel is also one of Dirk Nowitzki's biggest critics.

International scouting has expanded and has made the game better, yet Diesel criticizes every international player in the league for whatever reason.

Great Point DJ_me. Short and sweet

This is a new age, new players, incredible talent and much more ahleticism. Diesel, DJ_me has a great point, positions in the NBA are changing and in every team they are players playing positions that they are not accustom to. You rapidly and obviously want JT wearing another uniform before the start of this season.

here is a question for you Diesel.

Who do you want as a replacement for JT?

"Arenas... 37 points, 14 of 19 shooting, 3 assists, 5 rebounds...

Terry.....8 points, 3 of 7 shooting, 5 assists, 2 rebound...

I guess this beat down was Big Dog's fault. I mean, he only scored 25 points on 10/15 shooting. Damnit Big Dog... How could you miss those 5 shots. "

Im not sure what you are trying to prove by this. JT had a bad game that day, just as everyone has bad games. If you are trying to say that Arenas is a good defender or something, then you obviously have never watched him play as he is one of the worst defensive PGs in the league. He's nowhere near JT defensively. Also, If Im not mistaken, I believe that was the game where Dickau actually played good for once. I also believe that we had that game won, but Arenas had a clutch steal at the end off of a terrible inbound pass and Dickau not coming to the ball. It was that play that cost us the game. I believe Henderson or Big Dog was inbounding, and it was to Dickau, who did not come to the ball.

KB,

Man, quit making excuses... one game is the definitive explination for a person's career.

I mean, we all know that MJ stinks, I think he had this one game where he scored 12 points. I mean, he's a bum.

While I am not a huge supporter of JT, I certainly cannot say he's a comlete bum. He brings talent to the table... coachable talent.

The problem is that he needs a coach and a system... as does Reef.

If you brought anyone into this system, they'd fail. It is impossible to succeed when there is no gameplan.

Play.

"If you brought anyone into this system, they'd fail. It is impossible to succeed when there is no gameplan."

Reef and JT didn't succeed because of poor coaching and the lack of a gameplan but I guess Dog wouldn't have benefitted from those things. Typical.

Excellent points. Stats alone can be very misleading. Also, those stats still don't put him up there with the top point guards in the league. They are solid but not spectacular in any particular area.

JTs fate should totally come down to money at this point in the rebuilding stage. If he is offered too much then let him walk. If he is not then make a respectable deal here with the Hawks.