• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Something to consider.

Diesel

• Premium Member

What if today's meeting is to cater to Smoove? What I mean by that is that in today's meeting, we can decide to give Smoove whatever he want from the Team's perspective. I think what that will include would be signing his buddy Randolph Morris...

I think Smoove really believes in Morris. If I'm not mistaken, I think Smoove got BK to make an offer to Morris before Morris decided to return to UK a few years back.

Part of me think that would also include finding a trade for Marvin.

I believe Smoove has never really like Marvin. Not really. When asked who he wanted the Hawks to draft, I remember him saying either Bogut or DWilliams. You will have a hard time finding Smoove and Marvin being close. Like the rest of the organization, maybe Smoove had higher expectations for Marvin and now sees him as a waste of space.

I'm down for letting Morris AND Kwame prove themselves as guys at the end of the bench. I wouldn't give more than 1.5-2M for Kwame and probably not that much for Morris.

I'm always down to consider Marvin trades. Do we have to trade him? No. But it is something we should consider NOW if we aren't planning on giving him a big contract (which we shouldn't). Who needs a young SF with assets to move?

Last I checked Josh Smith ain't no Kobe Bryant. Josh has no power over what the team does with other players on the roster. Also for the record Josh Smith and Marvin get along fairly well. Apparently you have never seen the videos of the guys on the team together. Just keep on daydreaming of those stupid Marvin for nothing trades.

I don't think Smoove has a problem with Marvin, they knew each other since high school. I think Josh thinks too highly on Morris though . He said Morris reminds him of Tim Duncan on TNT last year. Charles Barkley was like "what are they doing to that boy in Atlanta".

Quote:

What if today's meeting is to cater to Smoove? What I mean by that is that in today's meeting, we can decide to give Smoove whatever he want from the Team's perspective. I think what that will include would be
signing his buddy Randolph Morris

I think Smoove really believes in Morris. If I'm not mistaken, I think Smoove got BK to make an offer to Morris before Morris decided to return to UK a few years back.

Part of me think that would also include
finding a trade for Marvin

I believe Smoove has never really like Marvin. Not really. When asked who he wanted the Hawks to draft, I remember him saying either Bogut or DWilliams. You will have a hard time finding Smoove and Marvin being close. Like the rest of the organization, maybe Smoove had higher expectations for Marvin and now sees him as a waste of space.

So not only are we about to give this guy potentially a $65M+ contract but now we're allowing him to shape the team's roster? So we're allowing a guy who can't make the right decision about rather to pass the ball to the PG to lead a fast break or run the break himself, the power to decide if Marvin stays or goes and if his AAU buddy joins the roster?

Well, we should go ahead and trade JJ tomorrow. because if dude was worried about "guys running wild" on the court, how would he feel about that same guy running wild in the front office?

A provocative post that seems utterly nonsensical.

Quote:

I'm all for allowing Josh and his AAU teammates to play together as long as it brings Dwight back here.

lol Dwight aint leaving Orlando and he's locked up to a big extension already anyway.

Quote:

What if today's meeting is to cater to Smoove? What I mean by that is that in today's meeting, we can decide to give Smoove whatever he want from the Team's perspective. I think what that will include would be
signing his buddy Randolph Morris

Part of me think that would also include
finding a trade for Marvin

Of course there is some of this in the mix. ASG will design a satisfying and comfortable environment in the nest. There will be intangibles enhanced that Philly cannot meet. Josh LOVES Atlanta, Josh Loves the Hawks (BK Too). Josh has much family around and they are important for him.

Moving Marvin is needed for several reasons (see JJ's angst) and JSmith's sake is one reason.

I believe JSmith will not sign an offer from Philly or any other team, than the Hawks.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Last I checked Josh Smith ain't no Kobe Bryant. Josh has no power over what the team does with other players on the roster. Also for the record Josh Smith and Marvin get along fairly well. Apparently you have never seen the videos of the guys on the team together. Just keep on daydreaming of those stupid Marvin for nothing trades.

For us, he might as well be Kobe. Do you know how terrible we would be without Smith? Do you know how much fan backlash there would be if we bungle the resigning of Smith? I think today... whatever Smith Wants, he gets.

Quote:

Quote:

I'm all for allowing Josh and his AAU teammates to play together as long as it brings Dwight back here.

lol Dwight aint leaving Orlando and he's locked up to a big extension already anyway.

I know but its good to dream isn't it? lol

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

spam4.gif

I have to question my own lack of judgment in continuing to click on your threads....

One of the more insightful post.

My two cents is that Morris is restricted FA.

Tell me why NY would match? They are way overbudget.. They didn't play Morris. They got a new GM and a New Coach. Lastly are you sure he's RFA? Didn't he have a two year deal? Usually those have an ETO on the 2nd year.