• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What if....

TnDawg

Philly's true target is Childress?,,,,They invite Smooth in town first....make him an offer that is alot higher than the Hawks want to match. ASG keeps the fans happy by sticking to what they have stated. They are then reluctant to sign Chillz for anything higher than whats expected...the MLE. I have been waiting all day for an offer to be made. How do the July 9th date come into play? Other players are getting deals around the league. If Smooth leaves town without being offered anything...what would be the reason other than smoke and mirrors. Chillz is visiting after Smooth, if they front load the deal for Smith will Philly still have cap space for Childress? But if they force us to overpay the first time then the second time around they may be able to pluck their true target, at a better deal cap wise for them, so they can make other deal. Similar to what happened to the Hawks with the dreaded Koncak deal......being handcuffed by the opposition.

• Premium Member

We would still hold Chillz bird rights. You know the Frontloading of a contract means absolutely nothing to the cap?!!? so, the best they could do is offer an 11 Million dollar deal. We'd still have about 10 million dollars before we hit the luxury tax limit. What's there to be worried about?

• Premium Member

Quote:

don't see that being a huge problem.
We could look at other FA
who could fit in with us, but would not be part of the existing chemestry.

Do you even realize that we are ~5 million away from the salary cap? That means that we have no other monies to sign FAs with? NOt good free agents. Why do you think the discussion has revolved to Randolph Morris, Jake Voskhul, and Jeremy Richardson as our FA pickups?

when I read what Philly's GM stated he said that Cheeks wanted more athletic players....Chillz is a quality glue guy that every team needs. Thats why other teams are looking at him. While he doesn't score as much as Smooth, I think he is just as valuable to a team because he quietly does alot of things to help his team. If Philly doesn't need him as you say....what reason is there for them inviting him in? Personally I hope ASG should bite the bullet and sign both guys. The harder decisions will come next year.

Quote:

We would still hold Chillz bird rights. You know the Frontloading of a contract means absolutely nothing to the cap?!!? so, the best they could do is offer an 11 Million dollar deal. We'd still have about 10 million dollars before we hit the luxury tax limit. What's there to be worried about?

Thanks for reminding me of that....I read it in another post. I don't get into the deals that deeply... but it aids my question because it makes the ASG question how much they want to spend overall. Philly is hoping to get one of them. This post is voided if Smooth leaves town with an offer but as of now, one hasn't been reported.

Quote:

Other than the fact they don't need him?

I don't see why they would need him either. They have Thad Young and presumably Iggy already on the wings. Both those guys are much better athletes then Childress.

Similarly, I don't see why Golden State would want Smith, since they already have Wright and now Randolph. Obviously Smith is a couple years ahead in the development curve, but still doesn't make much sense.

Quote:

Quote:

Other than the fact they don't need him?

I don't see why they would need him either. They have Thad Young and presumably Iggy already on the wings. Both those guys are much better athletes then Childress.

I think they are just messing with us. That's why I said we have Lou Williams to town and have him meet with our mayor? Touche.