The Hawks are a "do nothing" organization

tmac13

" The Celtics have continued their search for a big man this summer by working out a handful of players over the holiday weekend, according to The Boston Globe.

Patrick O'Bryant, Chris Andersen, David Harrison, and Kirk Snyder were among the players that took the court for an audition in front of Celtics' General Manager Danny Ainge.

Undrafted rookies Wisconsin's Brian Butch and Detroit Mercy's Ryvon Covile also were in Boston for a workout.

Via The Boston Globe"

When you are looking at guys on the lower end of the bench its not a matter of how much you can afford. Its a matter of using your exceptions and veterans minimum spots wisely. The Celtics have no "extra" money to spend but they are still trying to address needs. Its not that any of these guys are huge difference makers but why not try to get the very best available talent for the lowest cost to fill out the bench instead of waiting till its picked over.They Hawks usually wait till the preseason to complete their roster and always fill the last few spots with lessor talent because they wait.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Can you even fathom that people might from time to time make a mistake
while trying to post in between a million things at work? Obviously you can't or you wouldn't spend all day stalking people and looking to correct every post.

Of course people make mistakes but they can actually admit it when they do. You can't and instead attack people for being unable to decifer what you actually meant.

It's not fair to say what the Hawks always do since we have new management and just because there isn't anything published about who we are working out or talking to doesn't mean that we aren't doing those things. As someone else pointed out we aren't in the summer league that Boston is in so that might be why we haven't (at least publicly) worked anyone out.

Boston also doesn't have 2 major RFA signings, a pending legal battle, etc to think about and can afford to go well over the luxury tax to sign guys.

I know it's frustrating for there to not be any news about what we are doing but there really isn't much news about 75% of the teams in the league right now either.

No, I am fine with admitting when I make a mistake but I'm not going to go out of my way to admit making a mistake to YOU when you decide to make things personal from the beginning.

Tell you what, when you start admitting that you attack people and are usually the one starting it then I will start admitting when I make a mistake to you. Ok?

Quote:

" The Celtics have continued their search for a big man this summer by working out a handful of players over the holiday weekend, according to The Boston Globe.

Patrick O'Bryant, Chris Andersen, David Harrison, and Kirk Snyder were among the players that took the court for an audition in front of Celtics' General Manager Danny Ainge.

Undrafted rookies Wisconsin's Brian Butch and Detroit Mercy's Ryvon Covile also were in Boston for a workout.

Via The Boston Globe"

When you are looking at guys on the lower end of the bench its not a matter of how much you can afford. Its a matter of using your exceptions and veterans minimum spots wisely. The Celtics have no "extra" money to spend but they are still trying to address needs. Its not that any of these guys are huge difference makers but why not try to get the very best available talent for the lowest cost to fill out the bench instead of waiting till its picked over.They Hawks usually wait till the preseason to complete their roster and always fill the last few spots with lessor talent because they wait.

Back to the topic of the thread i agree it wouldn't hurt to be doing the same thing, especially since we need help inside far more than the friggin champs.

Quote:

No, I am fine with admitting when I make a mistake

Your next time admitting it will be your first that i have seen. Maybe you could point out one of your admissions.

Quote:

YOU when you decide to make things personal from the beginning.

YOU are the one who got personal with ME in your "annual" poll. I didn't say anything personal at all there to prompt your nonsense. You couldn't even admit that annual meant yearly.

And if you had just admitted your mistake in this thread initially then i would have just left it alone. I thought you meant cap space because that is what you said. Then you say luxury tax but of course don't admit that you mispoke.

I respect what you say but its hard to imagine they are "too busy" waiting on the Josh's to make the rounds and get an offer so we can match it. The fact remains we need better backups than Solo and Jeremy Richardson if we want to become a better team. As far as management changing it hasn't. The middleman has changed but every other piece from the last 4 years is still in place. Tthe Hawks have never been aggressive or proactive other than the JJ signing in the ASG's entire tenure.

I don't know how much Sund is in charge of when we are going to do things like camps and bring in people for visits but I would guess he is very instrumental in that. That's why I said that management has changed.

I agree that we are going to need upgrades but none of those guys that Boston are bringing in would be clear upgrades. O'Bryant and Harrison probably won't be in the league much longer, if at all. Morris is nothing special. I'm hoping that we have already talked to Kwame about bringing him home. Once we do that we won't have much money left to spend.

Quote:

It was pointed out by JHay that YOU were the one that started the attack and when he pointed it out all you could do is deny that you had done it.

Here is what jhay said.

Quote:

For the record, as I have been referenced multiple times in this thread: Ex, I think that last statement comes off as
slightly
aggressive, which I had mentioned earlier. The word in boldface is "slightly," which is what I had said earlier.

He made no mention of any attack and in fact didn't quote me at all. Neither have you. I am still waiting for this "attack post" that i allegedly made but i know you won't provide it.

Quote:

I'm not going to go back searching through that thread but I am almost 100% certain that he quoted your initial post in which you are the one that became aggressive and attacked me.

Which shows you are an idiot or a liar. take your pick.

Quote:

I'm not going to go back searching through that thread but I am almost 100% certain that he quoted your initial post in which you are the one that became aggressive and attacked me.

Here is Jhays post that you are referring to.

Quote:

no one would view the words in that post as an attack. If you scroll back up, you'll see that his response to that post was benign as well. Then you responded with some
slightly more aggressive
words.

And jhay was referencing this post i made near the beginning of the thread.

Quote:

This is what you wrote.

"beyond 11 million annually "

You made no mention of starting salary.

click

There is no way that even a moron like yourself can construe that as an attack.

Now it is time for you to apologize but since i know that there is no chance in hell of that happening you can just STFU.

Dolfan just stop arguing with him. He has nothing better to do than sit around and insult other posters. It's really not worth your time and just makes him look dumber the more he posts. It's not possible to disagree with exodus without him using insults at some point.

Quote:

You are right, I don't know why I let him drag me into these threads and then I just act as immature as he does.

Thanks for the advice and sorry for the distraction guys.

You still can't find the post where i allegedly "attacked" you. You are a liar pure and simple.

At least you have found a brother in arms for you reading problems. Atlas has a similar affliction although his is slightly different from yours. He can actually say what he means he just has memory issues.

LOL at you constantly continuing on like a little girl with a bad grudge, like we actually care about your crap. This is a basketball forum, not a forum to constantly bash e-people who have never even met before.