• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks are a "do nothing" organization

tmac13

I get so tired of reading articles about other teams conducting "big man" free agent camps and actually inviting free agents to town to court their services for minimum contracts while the Hawks staff sits back and does absolutely nothing.

Even if all goes well and we resign Smoove and Chillz the Hawks desperately need a big and a shooter. Why not bring a few guys in to workout and let them get to know the city and team? For years the Hawks seem to sit back while other teams pick off the prime low budget guys and we end up with the Pig Millers of the world.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When have the Hawks ever done anything like Boston is doing this week? When have they brought in 4 or 5 free agents to workout together? Good teams are proactive in their pursuit of needs. The Hawks let teams like Boston pick up the better talent available then are left digging in the scrap heap.

I don't know, they haven't consulted me so I'm not sure who they have/haven't brought in. Maybe they already know who they want to bring in (Kwame) and are simply waiting until they can do something about it before making any moves. They need to find out what the cap will be and how much room they will have under it. If Smoove and Childress cost more than what we think and the cap is lower than we think, why waste time and money bringing in guys that we can't afford?

Quote:

They need to find out what the cap will be and how much room they will have under it.

We will have no cap space regardless of where they put the cap. We have $51.7 million in salaries committed for next season and the cap holds of the Joshs are 2.5 times this past season's salaries. The only way we would have any cap space would be if we renounced the rights to both Joshs.

Quote:

We will have the MLE and LLE to use but depending on the cap and how much under the luxury tax we will be will probably weigh heavily on what money that we spend.

You didn't mention the luxury tax you said cap space. I guess i should have known you didn't mean what you actually said.

• Admin

plus our camp has not begun since we are not playing in the summer league Boston is playing in.

All I seen was the mention of Randoph Morris. He is never going to be anything more then a 10, 11th or 12th man on a team.

At best he could be a 12th man. He doesn't excite me at all. I have a lot more faith that Kwame can be a useful big for us as long as we can afford him which looks less and less likely with the way these scrubs are getting paid already.

Quote:

Sorry I didn't realize you were still on the rag and trolling my posts but whatever makes you feel good, by all means continue.

It is not my fault that you can't coherently express yourself. There is a big difference between being under the cap and under the luxury tax. I would think that you would understand this but i guess not.

Quote:

Not when it applies to what the Hawks can spend jackass. That's the bottom line. How much money the Hawks can spend.

If they were under the cap they would have a lot more money to spend idiot.

You completely butcher the language and then bust on everyone else because they can't decifer what you actually mean.

If you would just say what you mean in the first place then it would make things a lot easier but i guess you are just to dumb to be able to do that.

IMO, the Hawks have their hands-full right now with the Joshes.

Second, since the Hawks will only have the MLE and other smaller dollars to offer, there is no reason to start a bidding war by inviting guys in now.

The timing of the signings is also important as many things can happen between now and when contracts get signed. For example, if Childress is moved in an S&T, then the whole structure of the team can change. If, say, Chil is moved for Wilcox and Wilkins, then what do the Hawks need to bring in?

In otherwords, management has their hands full with permutations regarding the Joshes AND there is no reason to start bidding wars over MLE-type players at this juncture in the summer FA market.

• Moderators

Come on here, guys. Both of you differ on some issues for the Hawks but are both good posters. This is becoming an argument about semantics. Dolfan accurately said they may need to find out what the cap is and then mistakenly said that they might need to know how much room they would have under it. By his next post it was clear he was saying that they may need to know the cap number to figure out how much $$ they have to spend without hitting the luxury tax. While I understand the need to clarify mistaken or ambiguous language, everyone understood what was meant early on in this thread and there is no point to sniping over these issues (here or in other threads).

Perhaps if I was able to sit here and post stalk like you do all day long instead of trying to fit posts into work it would be easier for you to understand. Nobody else has problems understanding what I mean and whether you can read what I post or not means very little to me. If you don't like what I have to say then ignore me and you want have to see it.

Quote:

Nobody else has problems understanding

LOL good one.

I am sure everyone knows that when you say annual salary you means starting salary and when you say cap space you are really talking about the luxury tax.

Why couldn't you just say luxury tax in the first place if that is what you meant? Is it really that hard?

Can you even fathom that people might from time to time make a mistake while trying to post in between a million things at work? Obviously you can't or you wouldn't spend all day stalking people and looking to correct every post.