• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is bad but is intended for the good of the Ha

coachx

Bad thought but its intended for the good of the Hawks franchise.

What if Speedy blows out his knee in summer camp ? The same knee he had micro-fracture surgery on and is forced to immediatly retire. Would we not get $6 mill in salary cap relief if he were forced to retire due to injury. I would imagine insurance would pay the rest of his salary to Speedy but not sure of the salary cap implications for the Hawks.

Could a "wink, wink, hand shake agreement be in order or even be possible."

Speedy take one for the team ! Do something to help this franchise. You will get paid no matter what.

A more likely scenario may be the Hawks matching any number for Smoove and then trading Bibby to Golden State in order to free up money. The Hawks would then cross their fingers and hope Speedy could at least back up Acie.

I thought it was confirmed that Speedy did not have micro-fracture surgery. The Dr's intended to do it, but once they got a look at the knee the Dr's decided to do clean up work.

I thought all of this was strange. As a torn ACL sufferer, I know that a clean up of cartlidege only requres a down time of 4 to 5 weeks max. Speedy was out all year. I'm pretty sure he could have played later in the year, but the insurance would not have covered his salary.

Another sign of a cheap ownership group, but I think this goes on everywhere.

• Premium Member

Quote:

A more likely scenario may be the Hawks matching any number for Smoove and then trading Bibby to Golden State in order to free up money. The Hawks would then cross their fingers and hope Speedy could at least back up Acie.

That's actually an excellent idea.

Quote:

I thought it was confirmed that Speedy did not have micro-fracture surgery.
The Dr's intended to do it, but once they got a look at the knee the Dr's decided to do clean up work.

I thought all of this was strange. As a torn ACL sufferer, I know that a clean up of cartlidege only requres a down time of 4 to 5 weeks max. Speedy was out all year. I'm pretty sure he could have played later in the year, but the insurance would not have covered his salary.

Another sign of a cheap ownership group, but I think this goes on everywhere.

Speedy didn't have microfracture surgery. If he did there would be no way that he would be on the summer league roster.

Quote:

As a torn ACL sufferer, I know that a clean up of cartlidege only requres a down time of 4 to 5 weeks max.

As an actual torn cartlidege sufferer I can tell you that 4-5 weeks MAX is bs. It is possible, but to say it's a Max is simply not true. Depending on how much is torn and for how long its been torn it is possible that speedy NEVER plays. If he has progressive arthritis in that knee he could be down for good. I have zero cartlidege in my left knee after two surgeries and I can tell you that I wouldn't be able to run at an NBA level even if the rest of my body was in NBA shape.

Quote:

Quote:

That's actually an excellent idea.

That actually is a horrible idea. You don't cross your fingers and hope for an unreliable player to be healthy.