• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What happends if Smith only takes a 1 year deal...

DawsonsCreek

Quote:

Al had 25 double double games.

Nobody has put up the all around numbers that Smith did this year since Hakeem and DRob. He was the only guy in the NBA in the top 10 in blocks and steals.

Quote:

And your childress comment is comical

It was on par with your comment about shot attempts, as if Horford was somehow being held back from taking shots.

Quote:

BTW I dont know if you new this but Smith had 26 turnovers in the playoffs.

He was also being guarded by the DPOY, not Kendrick Perkins.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Al had 25 double double games.

Nobody has put up the all around numbers that Smith did this year since Hakeem and DRob. He was the only guy in the NBA in the top 10 in blocks and steals.

Quote:

And your childress comment is comical

It was on par with your comment about shot attempts, as if Horford was somehow being held back from taking shots.

Quote:

BTW I dont know if you new this but Smith had 26 turnovers in the playoffs.

He was also being guarded by the DPOY, not Kendrick Perkins.

Excuses excuses exodus. Turnovers have been the story of Josh Smith last 2 years, not just the playoffs. Yeah your childress comment makes no sense because even Zaza shot a higher percentage then JJ. And Im prepared to say Zaza is a better player???? So under your formula Marvin averages almost 5 points more then Horford and so therefore hes the better player? Cmon now. Tell the whole story Exo.

Quote:

Quote:

Does Josh Smith average a double double a game exo? No.

Horford didn't average a double double either.

He didnt average a double double exo? Are you taking .3 away from me? LOL. you are silly man. If thats the case dont round up Smiths numbers. Im still taking AL over Smith.

Quote:

Tell the whole story Exo. Post #

The whole story?

First of all Horford didn't average a double double.

Secondly a players ability to create his own shots plays a great role in how many shots he gets. JJ can create his own shot routinely. Childress can't. Hence JJ takes far more shots than Childress.

Smith can create his own shots far better than Horford. Smith can actually take guys off the dribble. Horford is too scared to even try.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He didnt average a double double exo? Are you taking .3 away from me? LOL. you are silly man. If thats the case dont round up Smiths numbers. Im still taking AL over Smith.

A double double is at least 10/10. 9.7 doesn't qualify.

I haven't rounded up Smith's numbers. If i wanted to play that game i could say Smith is a 20/10 player.

Quote:

Quote:

Tell the whole story Exo. Post #

The whole story?

First of all Horford didn't average a double double.

Secondly a players ability to create his own shots plays a great role in how many shots he gets. JJ can create his own shot routinely. Childress can't. Hence JJ takes far more shots than Childress.

Smith can create his own shots far better than Horford. Smith can actually take guys off the dribble. Horford is too scared to even try.

First of all here you are taking .3 away from AL Horford cause you are hating. Your just reaching. Second of all, according to you Marvin is a better player then AL because he scores more points. Third Josh Smith shoots under 31 percent from 3 point range for 4 years (384 attempts later) yet all i hear about is his driving ability. But yet when Al shoots 50 percent (OH OH EXCUSE ME .499) I hear its because he plays closer to the basket.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I haven't rounded up Smith's numbers. If i wanted to play that game i could say Smith is a 20/10 player.

Heres your quote from earlier today....

Averaging 10 ppg shooting 50% while being constantly unguarded from 15 feet is much easier than averaging 18 shooting 46% while going up against the best interior defenders on the opposing teams.

46 percent is not .457 (which was his actual percentage) but yet when I round up its not ok.

Quit reaching exo.....

Quote:

Quote:

Second of all, according to you Marvin is a better player then AL because he scores more points.

Not to interrupt, but THIS is a reach. Show me where Ex. said or insinuated anything even close to that statement.

Thats based on his theory that scoring more points makes someone the better player. Because with his theory on FG percentage, he automatically assumes that I think Childress is a better player then Joe Johnson (because he shoots a higher percentage) which is insane. You follow?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Averaging 10 ppg shooting 50% while being constantly unguarded from 15 feet is much easier than averaging 18 shooting 46% while going up against the best interior defenders on the opposing teams.

46 percent is not .457 (which was his actual percentage) but yet when I round up its not ok.

Quit reaching exo.....

I didn't even remember what his scoring average was. I corrected it later in the thread after looking it up.

And you are the one saying that Horford averaged a double double and Smith didn't. You have said over and over that horford averaged a double double when in fact he didn't.

Bottom line is that Smiths stats >>> than Horford's.

Quote:

Thats based on his theory that scoring more points makes someone the better player.

Show me where i said that.

Quote:

Because with his theory on FG percentage, he automatically assumes that I think Childress is a better player then Joe Johnson

Again show me where i said that.

I guess it makes sense. If you can't make a coherent argument just make stuff up and pretend someone said it.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quit reaching exo.....

I didn't even remember what his scoring average was. I corrected it later in the thread after looking it up.

And you are the one saying that Horford averaged a double double and Smith didn't. You have said over and over that horford averaged a double double when in fact he didn't.

Now that you mention it Horford didn't shoot 50% either.

You remembered what his scoring average was. You just called out on some petty BS that you were trying to serve. We can go on and on exo. You would rather have Josh and I would rather have AL. Thats just what it is.

Guest Walter

Quote:

It would not be ridicululous to say that you (GMs) would keep Al over Smoove.

Al has two things in his favor. He rebounds slightly better and he's a "4.25" (Pf/C) rather than a "3.5" (PF/Sf). Otherwise JS is better with a higher ceiling. JS's TENDEX the last two years was higher than Horford's rookie TENDEX per48 and his playoff TENDEX was higher. In short, JS was (and since then has been) better than Horford a year younger and less experienced than Horford.

However, I don't get the issue here. Both are KEEPERS and unless we get an outrageous deal for either both should be kept and either a post option 4.5 to play along Horford at the 4, JS at the 3 or a true defensive 5 to come off the bench should follow. Our trade bait consists of MW, Childress, Bibby, ZaZa, and possibly Law.

W

Quote:

Quote:

It would not be ridicululous to say that you (GMs) would keep Al over Smoove.

Al has two things in his favor. He rebounds slightly better and he's a "4.25" (Pf/C) rather than a "3.5" (PF/Sf). Otherwise JS is better with a higher ceiling. JS's TENDEX the last two years was higher than Horford's rookie TENDEX per48 and his playoff TENDEX was higher. In short, JS was (and since then has been) better than Horford a year younger and less experienced than Horford.

However, I don't get the issue here. Both are KEEPERS and unless we get an outrageous deal for either both should be kept and either a post option 4.5 to play along Horford at the 4, JS at the 3 or a true defensive 5 to come off the bench should follow. Our trade bait consists of MW, Childress, Bibby, ZaZa, and possibly Law.

W

It was just a fantasy which would you rather have. Nothing more.

Quote:

You remembered what his scoring average was. You just called out on some petty BS that you were trying to serve. We can go on and on exo. You would rather have Josh and I would rather have AL. Thats just what it is.

Here is what i posted in post # 12488.

Quote:

The whole story is...

Smith scored 7ppg more during the season
and also outscored Horford in the playoffs even though he was going against the DPOY.

Smith had more assists than turnovers on the season. Horford had more turnovers than assists on the season.

The Hawks gave up 7 ppg fewer when Smith was playing. The Hawks gave up just as many points when Horford was playing as when he was on the bench.

Do you know what 10 + 7 equals?

Quote:

However, I don't get the issue here. Both are KEEPERS

I would agree that our best bet is to keep both and hope they both reach their potential. That would make it tough for other teams to match up.

I haven't seen any trade scenario for either that i actually liked.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quit reaching exo.....

Now that you mention it Horford didn't shoot 50% either.

Here is what i posted in post # 12488.

Quote:

The whole story is...

Smith scored 7ppg more during the season
and also outscored Horford in the playoffs even though he was going against the DPOY.

Smith had more assists than turnovers on the season. Horford had more turnovers than assists on the season.

The Hawks gave up 7 ppg fewer when Smith was playing. The Hawks gave up just as many points when Horford was playing as when he was on the bench.

Do you know what 10 + 7 equals?

It's done exo. Debating over .3 on either side is where it ends. Good stuff