• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

James Jones to Miami

Basketballfan

Good job, ASG.

You morons can't sign the Joshes last summer to cheaper contracts, Marvin is due for an extension, no players are working out for us, you idiots can't even offer your "franchise" player a contract, letting other teams determine his worth (LOL), and then you have people like Pietrus and Jones get away.

You guys are the biggest embarrassment I have ever seen. G0D Damnit.

You are ignorant ! You need a little understanding of the salary cap and luxury tax before you call everyone names don't you think ?

An embarrasment would be signing Jones to $4 mill starting contract which could take away our cap flexibility to match offers for Smoove and Chillz. Most importantly for Smoove.

I think Sund and the ASG are playing their cards right to this point.

• Admin

Quote:

Totally unnecessary.

Who says we were after Pietrus or Jones?

We have to settle the Josh situation and actually I think that how we have handled it seems to be working out. With Brand in Philly we can get Josh at a more reasonable price. Plus he is not a franchise player.

Quote:

You are ignorant ! You need a little understanding of the salsry cap and luxury tax before you call everyone names don't you think ?

An embarrasment would be signing Jones to $4 mill starting contract which could take away our cap flexibility to match offers for Smoove and Chillz. Most importantly for Smoove.

LOL NO sh!t. If we had resigned the Joshes, we could've gone after these two FA's.

Who said we were going after Pietrus? The NBA Rumors site did, and their guess is as good as anybody.

Who said we were going after James Jones? Sekou's spies.

This Joshes situation is an embarrassment--we should've locked them up last summer instead of wasting all these weeks letting FA's get away.

We need to be PROactive, not REactive.

K Thx GG

Quote:

Quote:

You are ignorant ! You need a little understanding of the salsry cap and luxury tax before you call everyone names don't you think ?

LOL NO sh!t. If we had resigned the Joshes, we could've gone after these two FA's.

Who said we were going after Pietrus? The NBA Rumors site did, and their guess is as good as anybody.

This Joshes situation is an embarrassment--we should've locked them up last summer instead of wasting all these weeks letting FA's get away.

K Thx GG

Who knows how much money we would have had exactly after resigning the Josh's ? I don't think we would have had enough to sign 2 FAs anyways. If you didn't know, ASG tried to sign Smith to a contract last year. Besides, any smart business would wait to see what kind of offers we would get for them. As much as I hate to say this, so far ASG appears to be doing everything the right way, considering they can match anything another team offers. However, forget that. Your opinion is law. I think we need to start a petition to the ASG, demanding that they hire you as the GM or sell the team.

Oh, really?

I guess you don't recall what happened with Al Harrington 2 years ago? Didn't think so.

When the Joshes are finally resigned, please name some FA's we can go after? I'd think that a cheap SF who can shoot the 3 like no other would be a nice fit, especially with the endorsement of Sekou Smith.

Don't come crying to me when you see Mario and J Rich playing minutes next year instead of vets we should have gotten.

Quote:

Quote:

This kid's a troll, and he's been making the stupidest topics ever lately. He doesn't understand anything. Please bare with him.

Your mom is a troll. Wow yo mama jokes? How old are you like 12?

• Moderators

Not to continue a ridiculous thread but you can't force someone to sign an extension. Did you ever consider that the Joshes want more than you are anyone else is willing to pay and decided last year it was in THEIR interest to test the market.

Quote:

Good job, ASG.

You morons can't sign the Joshes last summer to cheaper contracts, Marvin is due for an extension, no players are working out for us, you idiots can't even offer your "franchise" player a contract, letting other teams determine his worth (LOL), and then you have people like Pietrus and Jones get away.

If we missed out on re-signing the Joshes because we signed James freaking Jones, then what would you think of the them?

Quote:

Quote:

Good job, ASG.

If we missed out on re-signing the Joshes because we signed James freaking Jones, then what would you think of the them?

Hey Einstein, notice how in my original post I said that the ASG hadn't signed the Joshes, THEN I said they've let the FA's get away. What I was implying (Obviously YOU'RE too DUMB to realize that) is that we could've easily signed our FA's last summer for the cheap, and filled out our rosters with FA's already. Now we're letting cheap productive FA's get away, and haven't resigned our two RFA's.

I thought they teach you to read in elementary school?

bump.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Does taking forever to resign our FA's send a good message to our upcoming FA's in future years? Joe Johnson? Marvin WIlliams?

K Thx GG

Who knows how much money we would have had exactly after resigning the Josh's ? I don't think we would have had enough to sign 2 FAs anyways. If you didn't know, ASG tried to sign Smith to a contract last year. Besides, any smart business would wait to see what kind of offers we would get for them. As much as I hate to say this, so far ASG appears to be doing everything the right way, considering they can match anything another team offers. However, forget that. Your opinion is law. I think we need to start a petition to the ASG, demanding that they hire you as the GM or sell the team.

Quote:

What I was implying (Obviously YOU'RE too DUMB to realize that) is that we could've easily signed our FA's last summer for the cheap, and filled out our rosters with FA's already.

the problem with that is our FA's didn't want to be signed for the cheap and they do have a say in it.

year. We can speculate with regard to what they would have accepted but we don't KNOW. Apparently, we offered Smoove $45M but would he have taken $55M? Okafor, Iggy, Deng and Gordon didn't. $60M? $65M? As for Chillz, who knows what we offered and what he would have taken.

Wow. First dissing the ownership group that he really has no damn idea what is going on behind the scenes-none of us do. But then, the YOUR MAMA jokes? Good grief!

Now accepting nominations for basketballguy as most impertinent poster on Hawksquawk.

BTW, I think he's 11. They teach you those yo mamma jokes at Magill Elementary in Snellville.