National Televised Games of 08/09

PureGreatness

I think four would be pushing it, considering we haven't had any in several years...two might be more realistic.

Boston @ Atlanta would make sense. Then maybe a game @ a SE Division rival. ATL @ ORL/ATL @ MIA.

The NBATV is rather fluid. They can pick up games whenever they want.

• Premium Member

Hoodstar.... You got my hopes up!!!

I thought we really had 4 games.

My estimate is 2...

Boston in Atlanta and they'd probably try us out against a Rival... Maybe Orlando in O-Town.

I would prefer the national games to be away from Philips for 2 reasons. 1) I don't want to be laughed at for having a half-empty arena on national television and 2) I won't plan on going down to Atlanta for a game if it is going to be nationally televised. The 2nd reason is clearly personal, but I try to make it to as many games as I can and I wouldn't go to a televised one and that would hurt attendance by 4 or 5...kind of lame but that is how I view it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I would prefer the national games to be away from Philips for 2 reasons. 1) I don't want to be laughed at for having a half-empty arena on national television and 2)
I won't plan on going down to Atlanta for a game if it is going to be nationally televised.

Dr. Richard David Kimble is that you?

Quote:

Boston @ Atlanta would make sense.

That'd be an obvious pick for me, if only because that might be the start of a rivalry if the Hawks get better and the Celtics don't get old and die.

But I think they might get 3, and not just on NBATV, hopefully ESPN & TNT.

Oh yes, I am trying to run from everyone. I can't be seen, people could catch on to me and I would be caught!

No, its just that if the game is going to be nationally televised then it will be on HD. I will just stay home and watch HD rather than drive down, buy a ticket, and watch less of a picture than I could have.

• 4 months later...
I don't know if you guys realize, but we're playing the Warriors in January on TNT also...

Did you really just bump a thread from over 4 months ago saying, "I don't know if you guys realize, but...?"

Plus that game against Golden State is questionable.