• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's most aggressive plan of AK-SHUN

Diesel

• Premium Member

Theo/Dickau/1st (2005) to Sacramento for Keon Clark/Douglass Christie.

I think this is our move. I think it works for everyone. It's settles the dust and it helps..

Vlade is a FA next year and probably not likely to draw more than a vet min from Sac-Town.

Clark is gone at the end of the season.

Miller is already in place and with Webber down, Theo could be a Standin at PF until Webber gets back.

The move gives SacTown a chance to bring back Jackson as a Starter. It also gives them room to play Wallace and Jackson more. At the PG, Dickau could bring some future.

For us, we get Clark and Christie.

Now that Dog is gone, we need somebody who can bring in some points:

Christie isn't a point guys per se but he would free up JT to score. Christie also gives us a very good defender in the backcourt.

I'm sure Clark was a part of Dog's deal a few weeks ago. Maybe Christie too or Pollard. Sactown was the 5th team.

JT/Christie/?/SAR/Clark.

Now, all we would need is a Sf type and a BU PG. MY mind says PG should be simple... Maybe Best or Anderson. However, the Sf type will be more difficult. Probably DJ?

This trade is so blatantly biased towards Atlanta that it's not even funny.

Your explanation of Theo being able to "fill in" for Webber is decent. But, what happens when he returns and Theo is getting paid huge money to be a backup? Sacramento would have close to $45 million in frontcourt players alone. They'd still be over $30 million when Vlade retires.

I guess you missed this...but Turkoglu plays for SA now. Pollard is in Indiana, as well.

They don't need Dickau when they have Bibby and Jackson.

The trade ain't that great for us, either.

Clark is another guy with huge potential that will never use it. Yet, people will still give him big contracts. One year in Atlanta, and he will bolt.

We're not going to be any good in 2005, so why are we giving up another lottery pick?

• Premium Member

You just finished explaining how Keon Clark is overpaid Potential and how valuable a first is.

We all know how valuable Theo is right.

So How can this be Homerism??

If it were me being a Homer, I would have said... Theo for the often injured Webber.

But you just claimed that parts of the deal are flawed. I agree. That's what makes the deal fair.

Now about Brad Miller. I realize he's there... BUT He's not a great player. Remember, Sac Town's problems down the stretch has been an inability to stop Big men. With a rotation of Vlade, Miller, Theo this year.... Don't you think they could get some things done.

Also, next year, Vlade is gone. Keon is gone. Miller would be all they had. I don't know.

Still though, I heard you and of course, I was hearing other rumors involving some of the same participants... So let's roll this one out:

Theo to Philly.

McKie/Thomas/Buckner/Clancy to SACTOWN

Christie/Clark to Us.

Does Theo have value?

Yes.

Does he have value to Sacramento?

Not really.

Theo makes even more than Miller does now. And I'll take Miller's 13 and 8 over Theo's 8 and 7, any day. (Yes, I know about Theo's blocks.)

Why does Sacramento need to pay a guy $10 million to come off the bench and block shots?

What is the big difference between Clark and Theo, anyway? Besides $5 million dollars...

• Premium Member

Knight's stated refusal to trade Theo, he does have some value around the League. But DJ$ is right, Sacramento doesn't need him when they have a cheaper alternative in Keon Clark.

If they did trade Theo, then another starting C is needed b/c no one knows how healthy Nazr will be...

No one under or near the cap is going to want Theo's contract, nor is anyone who's not an immediate contender. Nor is anyone who already has a good PF and C.

That pretty much leaves Dallas, Phoenix, and New York. Dallas has nothing of value to return unless it's attached to a ridiculous contract. New York has no one of value except Kurt Thomas, whom the Hawks don't need.

I could see:

Phoenix - Theo/CC for Googs/Tsakalidis

Phoenix will be over the cap next year anyway, and since both players are likely "bye-bye" anyway, this gives them a good player to complement Amare. The only real hole they have is at PF/C (read: whatever position Amare doesn't play).

The Hawks get cap space and another C to pair with Nazr next year (or the cap space to pursue that C).

If this went down, I bet it would be in February. By that point, Phoenix will know just how much of a contender they really are...and the Hawks will know just how bad they are.

The Hawks would then have enough $$$ to address whatever holes there are at SG/SF next year.