• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UGA Vs ASU.

Diesel

The UF game definitely. They could potentially lose to ASU and still end up in the title game because it's so early on in the season. It's harder to rebound from a loss late in the season, which has me thinking that (if we make it undefeated long enough) that the Auburn game could be the real do or die. LSU night game at LSU could spell trouble too.

Is ASU supposed to even be good? Last year they were all hype with the PAthetiC-10, the only teams above .500 they beat were Oregon State and Cal. Those teams were only 1 game above .500, so they weren't very good. They were all smoke and mirrors, as soon as they played a team with talent (Oregon, USC, Texas) they got beat down.

I know its the second year of Dennis Erickson, but I can't see a big jump. If UGA comes out of the SEC with just 1 loss I will be impressed.

• Premium Member

No... I think if they lose to ASU, it will catipult some sorry PAC-10 team like USC into the BCS automatically because of weakness of schedule. UGA will probably be passed by some Big 12 powerhouse like Oklahoma too.

Strength of schedule is only used to stop you from going to the BCS.

The reason why this is a huge game is because this is a potential snakepit game for UGA. It's an early season cross-country road game against a 10-win team from a BCS conference. It's no joke, and the Dawgs' performance in this game should be an indicator of how they're going to perform. A big win would set the tone for a national championship run, including a potentially epic encounter with Florida.

Then again, we could just have complete, utter chaos like we did last year.

Quote:

No... I think if they lose to ASU, it will catipult some sorry PAC-10 team like USC into the BCS automatically because of weakness of schedule. UGA will probably be passed by some Big 12 powerhouse like Oklahoma too.

Strength of schedule is only used to stop you from going to the BCS.

Are you kidding me?!

Arizona State has a good qb in Rudy Carpenter and thats about it. They will live and die with their offensive line. Prognosticators predict the O-line will have matchup problems with other Pac10 schools, so you know there is no way in hell they can match up with UGA defense. You saw how bad we beat up Hawaii, and Colt Brennan was a better QB with better receivers.

This game will also not feel like an away game considering UGA fans are buying up ASU season tickets just for this one game. Whatever the line is in this game, take UGA to cover. They will definately make a statement in Tempe.

The games I worry about are Auburn and LSU.

Quote:

UGA VS ASU.

I think this game and the UF game is going to determine if GA plays for the BCS.

Every game UGA plays will determine if they play for the BCS. However, I agree, if they lose to ASU (which really isn't that good) then they will be out of the BCS race. UGA sucks anyways.

Go Tech!

What worries me anout the ASU game is the heat.

I have a buddy who teaches at ASU and says it is normal for the temperture to break 100 all the way through September.

I know our boys are used to 90 heat with humidity but 100 + degree heat and with desert sun could mean cramps, cramps, and more cramps.