• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove to be traded?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Smoove and Speedy for Kaman/1st.

Hear this out. The Camby pickup doesn't make sense unless LAC is going to do another move. ASG would like to have Kaman because he's good and his salary is relatively low. Clipps don't have 15 million under the cap but they still have enough under there to take on Speedy and help SMoove's BYC.

I was reading a blog that suggested that Clipps and ASG were discussing players who Atlanta would except in trade for Smoove.

Here's an excerpt:

Quote:

Haven't your heard. After EB bailed on the Clippers the only player they met with was Josh. They didn't make him an offer that Atlanta would then simply match. Instead they made a trade offer for Zach Randolph and Marcus Camby in an attempt to bring in a player that could be used as trade bait in a sign and trade deal with Atlanta for Josh. It was all pre-arranged in that original meeting. Next up, Josh Smith's trade demand to the Clippers.

This is one of the few scenarios that I would not feel bad at all about. In fact, I think we would be a much better team once Kaman and Horf learn how to play together.

Still I don't see this happening for the risk on the Clippers part is too great. Sure, you know what you're getting with Smoove, a young guy who can only get better, but what about the injury-ridden histories of Camby and B. Davis? That's one hell of a dice roll if Camby gets hurt to not have Kaman there.

Quote:

Hear this out. The Camby pickup doesn't make sense unless LAC is going to do another move. ASG would like to have Kaman because he's good and his salary is relatively low. Clipps don't have 15 million under the cap but they still have enough under there to take on Speedy and help SMoove's BYC.

I was reading a blog that suggested that Clipps and ASG were discussing players who Atlanta would except in trade for Smoove.

Here's an excerpt:

Quote:

Haven't your heard. After EB bailed on the Clippers the only player they met with was Josh. They didn't make him an offer that Atlanta would then simply match. Instead they made a trade offer for Zach Randolph and Marcus Camby in an attempt to bring in a player that could be used as trade bait in a sign and trade deal with Atlanta for Josh. It was all pre-arranged in that original meeting. Next up, Josh Smith's trade demand to the Clippers.

Interesting scenario. If they get Randolph, then Camby would have to slide to Center and where does that leave Kaman....hmm. Under this scenario they would have Smith playing SF(where does Thornton go?). Another part that I have a question on is the 'bring in a player that can be used as trade bait'. Is that David Lee and/or Wilson Chandler? Hmm....

If you would entertain trading Smoove then you are obviously a hater and secretly want him gone.

In all seriousness though, Kaman and a 1st for Smoove and Speedy is probably about as good as we can expect if we HAVE to trade Smoove. I'm still holding out hope that he will be back next year but every time a story like this comes out it worries me a bit.

Quote:

If you would entertain trading Smoove then you are obviously a hater and secretly want him gone.

In all seriousness though, Kaman and a 1st for Smoove and Speedy is probably about as good as we can expect if we HAVE to trade Smoove. I'm still holding out hope that he will be back next year but every time a story like this comes out it worries me a bit.

Not just any old hater. An internet closet hater. uglyhammer.gif

I wouldn't be upset at all if we received Kaman and a 1st round draft pick for Josh Smith. I believe that is fair value for Josh Smith, and having an offensive post presence like Kaman will help our half court offense. We'll have somewhat of an answer to Dwight Howard, Brendan Haywood, and all the other 7 footers we have to face in the east.

This trade is perfect for us IF we get the Kaman of last year, or at least close to it. For the first time in a decade we will have a complete roster with a traditional 1-5 and all of them will have good size for their position.

Quote:

I was reading a blog
that suggested that Clipps and ASG were discussing players who Atlanta would except in trade for Smoove.

Here's an excerpt:

Quote:

Where is the link? I know it's a Blog but still..... Dang, this MB kills me with statements but show no PROOF as in LINK nono.gif

Quote:

This trade is perfect for us IF we get the Kaman of last year, or at least close to it. For the first time in a decade we will have a complete roster with a traditional 1-5 and all of them will have good size for their position.

Our rebounding (both defensive and offensive) should improve with no drop off in defense. In fact, our defense could potentially improve, depending on if Horford makes big strides next year. The success of this trade depends on Horford, because if he can stretch his range on his shot to about 17-18 feet, we will be a handful on offense.

What Diesel posted was a comment from a fan in response to the following blog.

By the way, it's easy to find this like this. Just copy a sentence and paste it into a google search, surrounded by quotes.

Link

Here is the full article:

I am so serious, finding out about that Marcus Camby trade paralyzed what was supposed to be a night off for me. So sorry if I didn't quite cram in the even further repercussions: Its effect on the life and times of Josh Smith.

With the Sixers landing Elton Brand, the Clippers looked to be in pursuit of J-Smoov. Then this Camby deal. So all of a sudden, you've got a player looking to command at least $10 million a year, with a shortage of suitors. Oh well, at least there's always that miserable team that drafted him. Similar situation to Andre Iguodala's dilemma.

According to SI.com's Chris Mannix, though, that might not be an option:

As I reported in Sports Illustrated during last season, league sources said Smith would not be interested in returning to the Hawks if the team retained coach Mike Woodson, who recently signed a two-year extension. The two have butted heads frequently in Smith's four seasons, and sources said the relationship is beyond repair. With a dearth of offers, Smith may change his tune, but having a volatile relationship on such a young team may not be in the Hawks' best interests.

Talk about a pickle. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more promising player than Smith; he's like Camby and Iguodala rolled up into one, and has shown signs of development with little or not meaningful mentorship. But Mannix is right -- if that relationship with Woodson is poisoned, and basically useless, there might be an impasse. And for all his talent, Smith is still too raw to be included in the Marion/Odom/Artest tango. Maybe the Pistons, especially if they're trying to replace Billups with Stuckey? Then again, why pay through the nose for Smith when the team already has Maxiell and Amir Johnson waiting in the wings.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the Grizzlies -- whose entire business model now consists of staying miles below the salary cap -- haven't expressed any interested. Though they could probably make a mint off of your truly selling O.J., Mike, Rudy, Josh and Hakim shirts.

No doubt that Al has the range to be effective from out there. Our rebounding and interior defense should be significantly better, although our weak side shotblocking will be lessened significantly. Our half court offense improves but our full court offense declines. Certainly a lot of trade offs here and I'd still rather keep Smoove and continue with what we've got, but Kaman is just about as good as you can get in return for him.

Quote:

You talk out of both sides of you mouth! On the one hand you say I'm a hater when I suggest it may be a good trade and on the other you say it is perfect.

In reality I like Smith and realize that he is a 22 yr old kid. I have a 22 yr old daughter and part of her is still very much a kid. He's growing up and i think this process will HELP HIM GROW UP SOME MORE.

Part of what makes us mature is learning to be patient and delay gratification. both of which he's going through. I'm sure he had hopes of signing a huge contract in a matter of days . . . . . meanwhile back in the real world . . . . . things don't work that way.

Quote:

Quote:

You talk out of both sides of you mouth! On the one hand you say I'm a hater when I suggest it may be a good trade and on the other you say it is perfect.

In reality I like Smith and realize that he is a 22 yr old kid. I have a 22 yr old daughter and part of her is still very much a kid. He's growing up and i think this process will HELP HIM GROW UP SOME MORE.

Part of what makes us mature is learning to be patient and delay gratification. both of which he's going through. I'm sure he had hopes of signing a huge contract in a matter of days . . . . . meanwhile back in the real world . . . . . things don't work that way.

I'm pretty sure he was just being sarcastic.

• Premium Member

Quote:

This is one of the few scenarios that I would not feel bad at all about. In fact, I think we would be a much better team once Kaman and Horf learn how to play together.

Still I don't see this happening for the risk on the Clippers part is too great. Sure, you know what you're getting with Smoove, a young guy who can only get better
, but what about the injury-ridden histories of Camby and B. Davis?
That's one hell of a dice roll if Camby gets hurt to not have Kaman there.

Don't they have to deal with that anyway?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Where is the link? I know it's a Blog but still..... Dang, this MB kills me with statements but show no
PROOF
as in
LINK

In other words... You didn't believe me? Wow... I'm no that I may have some extreme views... but why would I lie about a blog??

Anyway...

So that you will be content.

First Bucher reports Smoove wants to leave because of Woody. Now Stein is reporting that to be false and Smoove is just becoming impatient. In turn Diesel posts a trade proposal from a blog. This is becoming rediculous.

So who is right? Bucher, Stein, Sekou, Pete Smith or bloggers(this is the most unreliable source).

Until Smoove says he wants out I can't see myself going along with any trade. Especially for a one hit wonder like Kaman.