• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rumors about Evans to Hawks in blogosphere

jerrywest

Quote:

cant really get excited over evans coming to ATL but would probably help the team I guess. He does play good in atlanta though since his career high of 27 was played against us this year.

Why cant you get excited? If given the same minutes, he'll basically replace Chillz numbers...For about 1/3 the cost.

Maurice Evans is lame, he doesn't produce many wins at all. Looking at his Wins Produced per 48 it is roughly 0.016...average is 0.1. He is not going to help this team much at all, but I have a feeling this is who the ASG is going to pawn off on us as our replacement even though its clearly a downgrade.

Quote:

Maurice Evans is lame, he doesn't produce many wins at all. Looking at his Wins Produced per 48 it is roughly 0.016...average is 0.1. He is not going to help this team much at all, but I have a feeling this is who the ASG is going to pawn off on us as our replacement even though its clearly a downgrade.

He'll probably give similar numbers to what Chillz gave us if he plays 30 min a night. Evans isnt the rebounder Chillz is, but he is a better defender. Hopefully this is the 1st of about 4 signings.

Maurice Evans? oh brother...he's the kind of guy you get IN ADDITION to having Chill to strengthen our bench not replace him...i hope they got somebody else in mind too....if they sign evans, we HAVE to at least sign two more players in the level of kwame brown and jr smith(or vucajic), and then possible a summer leaguer or two

Quote:

Maurice Evans? oh brother...he's the kind of guy you get IN ADDITION to having Chill to strengthen our bench not replace him...i hope they got somebody else in mind too....if they sign evans, we HAVE to at least sign two more players in the level of kwame brown and jr smith(or vucajic), and then possible a summer leaguer or two

Mo started 47 games on a team that won 52 games this past season so i think he is good enough to play a bench role here.

Even if we do sign him that will give us only 10 players (assuming we resign Smith) so we will definitely be bringing in other guys.

If we sign Evans there is no chance we get JR. We probably didn't have much shot at him anyway.

I like Maurice Evans ALOT !

For a bench / role player you HAVE to know your role while at the same time being a "high energy" player. Evans fits all the qualities you look for in a role player off the bench. I know I will really appreciate his defensive tenacity if he becomes a Hawk.

Hope this happens !

Maybe I didnt watch Evans close enough, but he seems like a quality player? What does he lack that Chillz was giving us besides rebounding(Hes a better defender, which more than makes up for rebounding to me)? What makes him a downgrade? He could definitely put up 11 points a night if given Chillz minutes, what Chillz was giving us. What makes him worse?

But going along with what you said(Adding Vujacic and Kwame along with Evans), Id view this as a successful offseason:

Bibby/Acie/Clanxton

JJ/Sasha/West

Marv/Mo Evans

Smoove/Horf

Horf/Kwame/Zaza

• Premium Member

Quote:

Last season he averaged 9.3 and 3.1 in only 23 min a game.

And is a decent defender. And a vet.

As long as the other part of the MLE is used on a big man like Kwame, I'd be okay (not happy, but okay) with this offseason.

Bibby/Law/Claxton

JJ/Evans/West

Marvin/JRich

Smith/?/Jones

Horford/Kwame/Zaza

Quote:

Quote:

cant really get excited over evans coming to ATL but would probably help the team I guess. He does play good in atlanta though since his career high of 27 was played against us this year.

Why cant you get excited? If given the same minutes, he'll basically replace Chillz numbers...For about 1/3 the cost.

Im not saying he isnt needed or wont be a big part of this team but I just dont get hyped up over guys who are limited offensively and good defenders.

Quote:

I like Maurice Evans ALOT !

For a bench / role player you HAVE to know your role while at the same time being a "high energy" player. Evans fits all the qualities you look for in a role player off the bench. I know I will really appreciate his defensive tenacity if he becomes a Hawk.

Hope this happens !

This is what we call the complacency attitude. Why settle for Evans when we can have the same qualities for a little more money and younger in Sasha Vujacic(I'm high on him have you noticed).