• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's clear we need to sign Luke Jackson

gutz

Quote:

Our perspective is probably a little different than yours. The guy who just bolted to Greece couldn't stay in front of guys either. In fact he was the slowest wing player tested in the 2004 NBA combine.

Over the last few years we have had
starters
by the name of Ivey, Freije, Bozman and Drobnjiak.

Don't remind me. And we won't even mention the bench.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I understand your excitement. When I was following Toronto, I was excited for the same reasons. This guy was awesome at Oregon, he was the 8th pick, he just needs a chance, etc. But then I got to watch him play, and like I said, he sucks. He looks like he is going in slow motion on the court. And even if he were an offensive juggernaut, he would not be worth it, because he cannot stay in front of anyone in the NBA. I want him to be good too, trust me, but he just isn't.

Cleveland gave up on the 8th pick after 2 seasons, which is unheard of. There is a reason though. And it is the same reason, that he is not on the Heat, who desperately need a shooter after loosing Kapono. And the same reason, he is not on Toronto, who desperately needed him at the time after losing Garbajosa. The reason: he cannot play in the NBA.

Joe, they won't listen to you man. All they see is "he can shoot the ball". They never take in the other aspects of basketball.

Tyronn Lue could shoot the ball too. So can Salim. That doesn't make them players you can count on for timely shooting. Well, in Lue's case, you actually could. But the fan base ended up hating him because he'd dribble the night away and be totally lost on defense.

With the Evans signing, it's a very remote chance the Hawks sign Jackson. I mean, he'll automatically be no more than the 9th or 10th man on the roster, behind the starters, and bench guys like Evans, Zaza, Acie, and possibly even Speedy and Kwame, if we add him.

I think Jaywalker said a few weeks ago, that Jeremy Richardson had already received a qualifying offer from us anyway. With Solo already under contract as well, add those two, to the 5 other bench guys I named, and that's essentially the team right there.