• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's clear we need to sign Luke Jackson

gutz

I don't know about anyone else but to me it's pretty clear we need to sign this guy. He had another solid game last night shooting the ball and appears to be healthy. We badly need another shooter on this team that can stroke the 3 and we can sign this guy for peanuts. Get something done ASG! Do something right. Damn it!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For the absolute minimum I'd go for him. Other than that, I'm really not impressed with anything other than his jumpshot. Watching a few full games of him in the Summer league, he doesn't look near as good or athletic as he was in college. I just don't think he'd play well in the NBA, I see him as similar to Freije honestly.

Jackson is wayyyy better than Freije! At least Jackson can shoot the ball. I'm not sure Freije was particularly good at anything. And all its going to take is the minimum to sign Jackson anyways. It's not like this guy can command even a decent salary after literally being out of the league the last 2 years.

Quote:

Jackson is wayyyy better than Freije! At least Jackson can shoot the ball. I'm not sure Freije was particularly good at anything. And all its going to take is the minimum to sign Jackson anyways. It's not like this guy can command even a decent salary after literally being out of the league the last 2 years.

i'm all about Luke Jackson... as i said in another thread, he has the potential still of a lottery pick, so we know he has talent...if his injury woes are over (always a big IF), he can be a nice find...plus he didnt just score, he can get assists and rebounds...

Quote:

I don't know about anyone else but to me it's pretty clear we need to sign this guy. He had another solid game last night shooting the ball and appears to be healthy. We badly need another shooter on this team that can stroke the 3 and we can sign this guy for peanuts. Get something done ASG! Do something right. Damn it!

Hes not the best defender, but you get a guy with size, who can stroke it and dish it for the cheap. I think that he should have been on this team reguardless if Chillz was resigned, but now I definately think he should be here (and again I don't think hes gonna cost much).

Quote:

I only watched one game but i noticed that he consistently found guys when they popped open.

I also noticed a few nice scoring plays where he showed that he knows the game. On one play he had the ball at the 3 pt line and his man was up on him. He faked a pass and his defender dropped his hands and then Jackson put a 3 right in his face.

on another play he was leading a fast break but they didn't have an advantage. it was just 2 on 2 so he just pulls up for a routine 10 foot jumper rather than trying to force anything.

On another play he drove into the lane and it was very crowded so instead of trying to force his way to the rim he put up a nice floater that nobody had a chance to block for an easy 2. I hope Acie learns that shot.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I only watched one game but i noticed that he consistently found guys when they popped open.

I also noticed a few nice scoring plays where he showed that he knows the game. On one play he had the ball at the 3 pt line and his man was up on him. He faked a pass and his defender dropped his hands and then Jackson put a 3 right in his face.

on another play he was leading a fast break but they didn't have an advantage. it was just 2 on 2 so he just pulls up for a routine 10 foot jumper rather than trying to force anything.

On another play he drove into the lane and it was very crowded so instead of trying to force his way to the rim he put up a nice floater that nobody had a chance to block for an easy 2. I hope Acie learns that shot.

He plays very intelligently!

Thats my point here. We can get this guy for basically nothing probably and he can definitely help our team. We have NO real outside threat on this team except for Joe and Bibby. We need a REAL shooter off the bench.

Quote:

Thats my point here. We can get this guy for basically nothing probably and he can definitely help our team. We have NO real outside threat on this team except for Joe and Bibby. We need a REAL shooter off the bench.

Not to hijack the thread, but u just described Maurice Evans.

Quote:

Quote:

Not to hijack the thread, but u just described Maurice Evans.

No reason we can't sign both. we only have 8 players under contract right now.

Exactly plus Evans will probably cost more than Jackson. And since when is Evans a great 3pt shooter? Don't recall him ever being known for his great shooting. But hell sign them both

Quote:

And since when is Evans a great 3pt shooter? Don't recall him ever being known for his great shooting. But hell sign them both

He made 81 3's last year at a shade under a 39% clip, while shooting 48% overall. That could certainly help us with our spacing problems.

Luke Jackson is definitely not the answer..he has went through several teams and hasnt gotten any playing team for a reason..all he can do it shoot(sometimes)..kinda of like Reddick or Redick or whatever lol get my point?? hawks need a veteran player who can come in the game and give us some energy and some scoring. We missed out on a few good role players like Hayes Najera Barnes Nachbar and Pietres so Jr Smith is the best player available. I also hear that Bulls were shopping Nocioni so why not make a run at him...he brings energy kind of like Chillz did and can also defend. Marvin and Solomon Jones would work

Quote:

Luke Jackson is definitely not the answer..he has went through several teams and hasnt gotten any playing team for a reason..all he can do it shoot(sometimes)..kinda of like Reddick or Redick or whatever lol get my point?? hawks need a veteran player who can come in the game and give us some energy and some scoring. We missed out on a few good role players like Hayes Najera Barnes Nachbar and Pietres so Jr Smith is the best player available. I also hear that Bulls were shopping Nocioni so why not make a run at him...he brings energy kind of like Chillz did and can also defend. Marvin and Solomon Jones would work

Luke does not play like a summerleaguer NBDL guy...for a minimum contract, his value would be much higher than his pay...

and i know that youtube highlights are not a good judge of skill but in his video you can see he has a feel for the game and doesn't play overexcited like many minimum contract guys-