• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's clear we need to sign Luke Jackson

gutz

"all he can do it shoot(sometimes)..kinda of like Reddick or Redick or whatever lol get my point?? "

and whats wrong with that? youll rarely find a guy with redick or jacksons shooting skill and the ability to drive and play defense. if they could do all that they would be an all star.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched him play in Toronto a couple of years ago, and trust me, we do not want him. He sucks. He didn't even stand out last season in Miami playing with a bunch of other D-leaguers.

It's not like he hasn't been given an opportunity. When you are drafted with the 8th pick in the draft you have to prove that you cannot play in the NBA, and he has. In 73 games over three years, he has shot 36% from the floor.

I won't be surprised if we sign him. But if we do, there is no reason to get excited. I will be disgusted.

Quote:

For the absolute minimum I'd go for him. Other than that, I'm really not impressed with anything other than his jumpshot. Watching a few full games of him in the Summer league, he doesn't look near as good or athletic as he was in college. I just don't think he'd play well in the NBA, I see him as similar to Freije honestly.

I agree with this point. His passing ability and shot are above average. He seems to have lost the explosion from oregon. He used to play above the rim and now he seems to be a stand still jump shooter. His defense hasn't impressed me and his overall game may never get back to what it was before the injury.

The Hawks as a whole have performed poorly on fast breaks opportunities at the RMR.

Quote:

When you are drafted with the 8th pick in the draft you have to prove that you cannot play in the NBA,

I am sure missing his rookie season due to a back injury had something to do with his struggles.

Quote:

In 73 games over three years, he has shot 36% from the floor.

He has also shot 36% from 3.

I understand your excitement. When I was following Toronto, I was excited for the same reasons. This guy was awesome at Oregon, he was the 8th pick, he just needs a chance, etc. But then I got to watch him play, and like I said, he sucks. He looks like he is going in slow motion on the court. And even if he were an offensive juggernaut, he would not be worth it, because he cannot stay in front of anyone in the NBA. I want him to be good too, trust me, but he just isn't.

Cleveland gave up on the 8th pick after 2 seasons, which is unheard of. There is a reason though. And it is the same reason, that he is not on the Heat, who desperately need a shooter after loosing Kapono. And the same reason, he is not on Toronto, who desperately needed him at the time after losing Garbajosa. The reason: he cannot play in the NBA.

Our perspective is probably a little different than yours. The guy who just bolted to Greece couldn't stay in front of guys either. In fact he was the slowest wing player tested in the 2004 NBA combine.

Over the last few years we have had starters by the name of Ivey, Freije, Bozman and Drobnjiak.

Quote:

Our perspective is probably a little different than yours. The guy who just bolted to Greece couldn't stay in front of guys either. In fact he was the slowest wing player tested in the 2004 NBA combine.

To hear some on this board tell it, JChill was "a great defender." Too bad that strong Stanford business mind didn't equal Defensive IQ

Quote:

Over the last few years we have had
starters
by the name of Ivey, Freije, Bozman and Drobnjiak.

I am a Hawks fan too, and I understand that the bar is set very low. But I just don't think he is someone that will be able to help the team. It would be nice to add some players that could actually become solid rotational players. I think a good place to start is with players that have been rotational players in the league before.

Quote:

I think a good place to start is with players that have been rotational players in the league before.

I agree and that is why a lot of us want to see Mo Evans signed.

But it is almost august and we have made no additions to the roster and lost our 6th man. We aren't an optimistic bunch at the moment.

I have watched the first two summer league games on NBATV and I have been surprised with Jackson's play. He has a good spot up jump shot, plays with a high basketball IQ, and is still a fluid athlete. I was very surprised by his good passing skills and his willingness to penetrate into the lane and draw fouls. He seems to be the low cost/high reward type of player we need to fill out the roster. I prefer Jackson to Richardson because Richardson brings nothing to the table but his spot up jumper. It seems many posters here have unrealistic expectations about how the ASG is going to fill out the roster based on the venom printed about signing Jackson. Low cost/high reward marginal types of guys to fill out the roster are the best we can hope for given the ASG's recent track record.

Quote:

Exactly plus Evans will probably cost more than Jackson. And since when is Evans a great 3pt shooter? Don't recall him ever being known for his great shooting. But hell sign them both

if u watched Orlando play this past season you'd know Evans is a good 3 pt. shooter. and duh he'd cost more than Luke Jackson because he can actually play in the nba. Evans can start if needed or be one of the first off the bench. Jackson should rarely see the floor.

Quote:

I don't think its a debate between Evans and Jackson. We actually could use both. Jackson is a lost cost gamble I prefer over Richardson that could pay off nicely. Evans would be a guy to replace Chillz..

I didn't either until I saw that guy saying Evans would cost more than Luke like it was a decision on either one or the other and when he said Evans wasn't a good 3 pt. shooter.

Quote:

Quote:

I think a good place to start is with players that have been rotational players in the league before.

But it is almost august and we have made no additions to the roster and lost our 6th man. We aren't an optimistic bunch at the moment.

Would you rather have Evans over JR Smith?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Would you rather have Evans over JR Smith?

JR is a bit of a pipe dream i believe. Now that we have Evans JR is out of the picture obviously.