• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Its Time To Move On

tmac13

Ok, so Chillz is gone. Does anyone here want to focus on the basketball part of the equation? Chillz strengths were rebounding and interior scoring. When Chillz was on the floor with Smoove his need to play close to the basket forced Smoove to take his offensive game to the perimeter where he is much less effective. We replaced Chillz with Evans who is a better perimeter defender and a better shooter. Sure he won't rebound like Chillz but I think he is a better fit for the team as a whole. With Evans in the game Smoove can stay close to the basket where he is very effective along with Horf. From a purely basketball point of view were should be a better balance offensive and defensive team with Evans..Of course for this to work out we must either resign Smoove or get maximum value for him.

Ok, so Chillz is gone. Does anyone here want to focus on the basketball part of the equation? Chillz strengths were rebounding and interior scoring. When Chillz was on the floor with Smoove his need to play close to the basket forced Smoove to take his offensive game to the perimeter where he is much less effective. We replaced Chillz with Evans who is a better perimeter defender and a better shooter. Sure he won't rebound like Chillz but I think he is a better fit for the team as a whole. With Evans in the game Smoove can stay close to the basket where he is very effective along with Horf. From a purely basketball point of view were should be a better balance offensive and defensive team with Evans..Of course for this to work out we must either resign Smoove or get maximum value for him.

While I'm sad to lose Chillz, to me the most intriguing part of this equation becomes Marv. In a contract year, with more playing time, increasing importance, and an additional year of seasoning, he has a chance to really blow up.

I really think he might, and hope we can lock him up early (yeah, I know, good luck with that one).

While I'm sad to lose Chillz, to me the most intriguing part of this equation becomes Marv. In a contract year, with more playing time, increasing importance, and an additional year of seasoning, he has a chance to really blow up.

I really think he might, and hope we can lock him up early (yeah, I know, good luck with that one).

yeah Marvin might blow alright. It's doesn't matter if Childress is gone. These stupid owners and GM are still here and Smoove is still unsigned.

I agree this might be good for Marvin. Lets face it, Marvin was put into a very bad situation in Atlanta. Everyone except Billy Knight was screaming for a big or a point guard that year. He is drafted by a team that already has 2 2nd year players that think they are the Hawks small forward of the future. Then Chris Paul blows up almost immediately and that turns the pressure up even more. Then Smoove is put at the 4 but he obviously still tries to play like he is the 3. You have Chillz replacing you after the 5 or 6 minute mark of most every game. Thats alot for a 19 or 20 year old guy to have to deal with. Maybe now he will relax and just play his game and take it to the next level.

basketball wise I think we gained two guys that can effectively replace Chillz. Morris and Evans together can equal or better his production. It also eases some of the log jam at the 3 and 2. We will be even more flexible and match up better across the board. Also, Evans brings a certain level of experience Chillz didn't have. He's played on winning teams and seems content to play a role. Considering Chillz own words, he wasn't content with that.

Anytime a team losses a high lottery pick for nothing is a loss in my book as it essentially means that it was a bad pick to begin with or something went wrong with the negotiations.

Let's hope the Hawks don't squander the rest of their assets.

So you're saying Childress is the reason J Smith was shooting threes?

So you're saying Childress is the reason J Smith was shooting threes?

I am saying having 2 or 3 that prefers to play near the basket can create bad spacing for big guys that also need to be near the basket..Anytime Chillz was in the game the spacing on the floor was bad.. Smooves bad shot selections are on him and Woody but having Chillz in there didn't help.

I am saying having 2 or 3 that prefers to play near the basket can create bad spacing for big guys that also need to be near the basket..Anytime Chillz was in the game the spacing on the floor was bad.. Smooves bad shot selections are on him and Woody but having Chillz in there didn't help.

Even though I'll miss Chill, I agree.

Anytime a team losses a high lottery pick for nothing is a loss in my book as it essentially means that it was a bad pick to begin with...

It was a bad pick to begin with. Had the pick garnered a guy of Deng or Iggy's value the Olympikos offer wouldn't have been made much less phased us. We'd either have offered something VERY close or traded to someone willing to offer something VERY close. No NBA team was coming very close to $11 mil per for Childress.

Chillz was a perfect storm player for overseas interest. A guy who they could now afford the $11 mil per to overpay for and who doesn't have the value in this league for any team here to match such overpayment.