• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now That Dj Has Mentioned Belkin.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I wonder..

Doesn't Belkin still get a say in the resigning of our FAs past 5 years? I thought we only had a 4 yr window without Belkin's say. Could it be possible that Belkin is the reason we can't get these guys signed??

:cant believe:

I wonder..

Doesn't Belkin still get a say in the resigning of our FAs past 5 years? I thought we only had a 4 yr window without Belkin's say. Could it be possible that Belkin is the reason we can't get these guys signed??

:cant believe:

I don't think so because Childress had a deal for 5 years on the table and all reports say Smooth has a deal more than 5 years on the table but the money just is not right.

• Premium Member
I don't think so because Childress had a deal for 5 years on the table and all reports say Smooth has a deal more than 5 years on the table but the money just is not right.

Sure, but that could have been a deal that Belkin agreed on.

I'm just saying, who here can find the actual ruling. I thought it gave a limit of 4 years before ASG had to get Belkin's OK on any deal.

• Premium Member
Sure, but that could have been a deal that Belkin agreed on.

I'm just saying, who here can find the actual ruling. I thought it gave a limit of 4 years before ASG had to get Belkin's OK on any deal.

More specifically...

The Hawks ownership group, Atlanta Spirit LLC, is embroiled in a nasty lawsuit with former partner Steve Belkin. Belkin won a lawsuit against Atlanta Spirit LLC last summer and a judge ruled that he could buy out the owners of Atlanta Spirit and gain full ownership of the team. Atlanta Spirit is currently appealing the ruling.

In the meantime, Belkin holds some authority over the team. He can veto any trade or free agent signing that takes the team above the NBA salary cap. Several sources suggested that it was Belkin who vetoed the trade.