• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There Is No Way In Hell I'm Paying Smith Jj Type Money

Joker

Look I am pissed Josh Smith a** signed the offer sheet and we couldn't get any comp. What we can do is sign him and during the season and trade him to Memp for picks and some players. I just don't like our team coming out empty handed. This hurts us a lot. If we sign him to this contract, then we kiss our championship hopes good bye. If we don't, then we kiss our playoff hopes for next season good bye. We have a lot of money to sign a big time FA next season but who? Rudy Gay hasn't signed a extension yet and he can play the SG. What we can do is trade(possiblity but not likely) JJ for a Center and picks. I do not agree to signing Smith to JJ type money at all. I was ok at first because I only seen the 58 milion and assumed it was for 6 years but for 5 years is franchise player type money and Smith is not that. Sorry, were going to have to let him go and build for the 2009 FA season. Sign Marvin right now ASAP for 42 mil 6 years before this s#@! happen again. I am livid right now.

EDIT

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Look I'm pissed his a** sign the offer sheet and we couldn't get any comp, what he can do is sign him and during the season trade him to Memp for picks. I just don't like coming out empty handed. This hurt us a lot. If we sign him to this contract, kiss championships hopes good bye. If we don't, kiss playoff hopes for next season good bye. We have a lot of money to sign a big time FA next season but who. Rudy Gay hasn't signed yet and can play the 2 and we can trade JJ for a Center and picks. I don't not agree to signing Smith to JJ type money. I was ok at first because I only seen the 58 mil and assumed 6 years but 5 is franchise player and Smith is not that. Sorry, we going to have to let him go and build for the 2009 FA season. Sign Marvin right now ASAP for 42 mil 6 years before this s#@! happen again. I am livid right now.

Easy, Steve, you better save some of your energy for getting ready for the trial in february

That was almost all incomprehensible and what I did catch was ridiculous. Trade JJ for a C/picks?!?! My word....

Look that only if we can get Gay and since JJ will demand around 20 mil and Gay can pass JJ up in a few years, I value that higher. Even though JJ is better then Gay right now, in fact much better.

That was almost all incomprehensible and what I did catch was ridiculous. Trade JJ for a C/picks?!?! My word....

LOL

That was my reaction as well. I have no idea what this guy wants. Smith's contract is very good. We have Bibby and Zaza coming off the books next year, so the Hawks have some wiggle room. Let's see what Marvin does this season before signing him to a longer term deal.

Look I'm pissed his a** sign the offer sheet and we couldn't get any comp, what he can do is sign him and during the season trade him to Memp for picks. I just don't like coming out empty handed. This hurt us a lot. If we sign him to this contract, kiss championships hopes good bye. If we don't, kiss playoff hopes for next season good bye. We have a lot of money to sign a big time FA next season but who. Rudy Gay hasn't signed yet and can play the 2 and we can trade JJ for a Center and picks. I don't not agree to signing Smith to JJ type money. I was ok at first because I only seen the 58 mil and assumed 6 years but 5 is franchise player and Smith is not that. Sorry, we going to have to let him go and build for the 2009 FA season. Sign Marvin right now ASAP for 42 mil 6 years before this s#@! happen again. I am livid right now.

Most ignorant off base post of the year! :beat:

Did you read this before posting because it sounds like you just got finished with Hooked on Phonics and wanted to show off your new writing skills! :computer2:

nbasuperstar40 is a clueless, lying buffoon. Here is what he had to say about Smith last year.

I wouldn't pay him over 5 million, he sucks, only idiots think he any good.. he is below average at best and is worth 5 at max... anymore for him is ricdicous.... I'll happily trade him for some role playing talent... he one diminsonal at best not really worth more then 4 mil a season to be honest.. from reading alot of post on this site I come to a realazation that most of ya'll have no clue about basketball..

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index....61&hl=scout

This guy knows as much about basketball as he knows about spelling and grammar, in other words not much.

You can't compare Smith's offer this summer to Joe Johnson's contract singing 3years ago. If JJ was a freeagent this summer he probably would have gotten a Elton Brand type contract of 5 years 80million instead of the 5 years 70million he has now.

Eh WHAT? JJ is making 14 mill Smoove will be making 11.6 mill WHat your post is not considering is that JJ really isnt making Franchise money yet. He will in 2 years but 14 mill right now is actually cheap for him.

LOL

That was my reaction as well. I have no idea what this guy wants. Smith's contract is very good. We have Bibby and Zaza coming off the books next year, so the Hawks have some wiggle room. Let's see what Marvin does this season before signing him to a longer term deal.

LOL, I just edited this, it was terrible. I was writing and didn't proof out of frustration.

nbasuperstar40 is a clueless, lying buffoon. Here is what he had to say about Smith last year.

This guy knows as much about basketball as he knows about spelling and grammar, in other words not much.

Wow he is a bigger Idiot than I thought.

Eh WHAT? JJ is making 14 mill Smoove will be making 11.6 mill WHat your post is not considering is that JJ really isnt making Franchise money yet. He will in 2 years but 14 mill right now is actually cheap for him.

His contract is frontloaded, I believe he will be making 12-13 mil in the first season. And yes that is franchise player money. I didn't say elite money but franchise player money. JJ got 6 years 70 million. Josh received and signed a offer for 5 years 58 million. That is basically the same thing on a per year level.

Great post prick, what else do you have under your sleeves.

As for that comment, I stand by it at the time. He wasn't any good to me then, people do improve and I'm liable to change my opinion if that's the case.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you ...

btonstarlogoud6.gif

I bet your proud of that trash you created and showed your mother that like a Kindergarder would do

His contract is frontloaded, I believe he will be making 12-13 mil in the first season. And yes that is franchise player money. I didn't say elite money but franchise player money. JJ got 6 years 70 million. Josh received and signed a offer for 5 years 58 million. That is basically the same thing on a per year level.

:no-no:

Showing yet again how clueless you are. JJ's deal was for 5 years.

Your credibility is calling you collect long distance from Siberia. Would you like to take the call?

LOL

If we sign Smith then we will only have 6-9 mil in cap for next season. Not to mention we have to sign Marvin. We lack serious depth... There a lot a issues and with this, it just makes them worst. Signed or not signed. As for you guys killing that first post, I understand. I couldn't even understand it once I proofed it. It was terrible... I edited the post now so it's much better. And the guy with the Steve joke, LOL. That was funny....

:no-no:

Showing yet again how clueless you are. JJ's deal was for 5 years.

Your credibility is calling you collect long distance from Siberia. Would you like to take the call?

My bad then, I heard on the radio that it was 6 years for JJ. Damn shoot me then, why the F are you always such a prick for. Basically you always come in my threads like primadonna and like your s$#@ don't stink. F up kid.