Sekou: Pargo, Livingston, Elston

NJHAWK

Sorry but I don't want Chris Paul's backup again. We already have Speedy, so I say no to Pargo.

That was my gut instinct too HF...but to be fair...Speedy was pretty good for a few games prior to his knee-thing. In the Utah game a couple of years ago he was Stoning Deron....to the level that Deron couldn't even get the ball up the court. If not for the infamous 7-point play by Salim, and the following collapse - we win that game.

Of course Deron has gotten in better shape since then and Speedy has dissappeared. But I'd roll the dice on Pargo as a backup PG to Acie - if we could pawn Bibby off on some team.

Who said he was a good shooter? I called him a good scorer and he is a very good scorer off the bench. I don't ever see him as a starter, but if you watched a handful of Hornets games or more last year you will have seen the impact that he made many times.

Answer me this, would you rather keep our 3+ million or spend it on someone that can be a useful player for us? I'm not at all concerned about him getting minutes because when you have a guy like that he will find a way to get on the court, plus you have Bibby, Acie, and especially Speedy with a long injury history so you can't count on them.

Sorry for some reason I thought somone said he was a good shooter. Either way, I don't think he is a good scorer, his points per shot is .99 and that is not very efficient.

But I would rather not spend money just to spend it. When you do that, you pile on crap contracts like Speedy and Blo. Also don't be so sure that you can just find court time for a good scorer because Woodson couldn't do it for Salim and Pargo is only slightly better than Salim.

Well what are the odds Speedy plays in 20 games? lol What are the odds Bibby stays healthy? Is his thumb a chronic problem? Is Law's wrist a chronic problem? All 3 have had the same nagging injuries cause them to miss games in differant parts of the season. THERE IS A REASON CHILLS HAD TO PLAY POINT GUARD LAST YEAR.

Jake Voskuhl is still out there...and would be better than Lorenzen Wright.

I'm just saying...

I would rather take a chance on Maglorie than Lo or any other old center. At least Maglorie has had some success in the past.. I still think a shooting big guy like Fazekus would be a good fit also to spread the floor with Smoove and Horf.

Well what are the odds Speedy plays in 20 games? lol What are the odds Bibby stays healthy? Is his thumb a chronic problem? Is Law's wrist a chronic problem? All 3 have had the same nagging injuries cause them to miss games in differant parts of the season. THERE IS A REASON CHILLS HAD TO PLAY POINT GUARD LAST YEAR.

Actually the chances Bibby stays healthy are pretty good. Aside from last year, there was only one other year where he missed more than 2 games and that was in 2002-03. I am less concerned about him than the others.

But how many PGs are we really going to add to this team again? Sund probably knows right now whether he is going to run with Speedy or not, so he is going to know we have 2 or 3 PGs. I don't see the reasoning from Sund's point of view to run with 4 PGs. So the only way Pargo would fit is if we know Speedy will not play this season and if that were the case I imagine Sekou would have said something about this since we passed the Summer League.

A fully healthy Bibby with no nagging injuries would be what the doctor ordered for a playoff return. Im not sure that Bibby is big on off season training or not. He doesnt seem like like type that trains hard but thats just a guess on my part. We can dream that we will get the Bibby from 3 or 4 years ago. Maybe he will light it up in a contract year.

A fully healthy Bibby with no nagging injuries would be what the doctor ordered for a playoff return. Im not sure that Bibby is big on off season training or not. He doesnt seem like like type that trains hard but thats just a guess on my part. We can dream that we will get the Bibby from 3 or 4 years ago. Maybe he will light it up in a contract year.

And I say again . . . . start the season with a real PG and let the offense build around him. It took time before we hit any kind of stride with him and that began to show in the playoffs. he can make everyone of of our guys better by running the team.

• Premium Member
I would rather take a chance on Maglorie than Lo or any other old center. At least Maglorie has had some success in the past.. I still think a shooting big guy like Fazekus would be a good fit also to spread the floor with Smoove and Horf.

Fazekas is a PF. (I'd prefer him over Hunter, though).

Magloire is DONE.

Nick Fazekas are you joking? He was the reason they made the movie White Man Can't Jump.

Lol, I thought the point of being tall is that you don't have to jump, Frank!

Seriously though, Fazekas posted great college numbers (albeit in a weak conference) and once he caught on in LA he averaged nearly 5 ppg on 57% shooting and snagged nearly 4 rpg in just under 12 mpg. He doesn't have the bulk yet, only 235. I'd love to see him get 10-15 minutes a game in Atlanta's big rotation and see what he can bring. I'm always intrigued by a guy who has good shot selection and hits the glass (especially at the low price that Fazekas will fetch). Childress was the only player on Atlanta's bench with those skills last year.

I think he could be a player in the mold of NY's David Lee, not flashy but effective. Whichever team gives him an opportunity will be making a low-risk investment that could pay off handsomely in on-court production. I wish the Hawks would take that risk.

Lol, I thought the point of being tall is that you don't have to jump, Frank!

Seriously though, Fazekas posted great college numbers (albeit in a weak conference) and once he caught on in LA he averaged nearly 5 ppg on 57% shooting and snagged nearly 4 rpg in just under 12 mpg. He doesn't have the bulk yet, only 235. I'd love to see him get 10-15 minutes a game in Atlanta's big rotation and see what he can bring. I'm always intrigued by a guy who has good shot selection and hits the glass (especially at the low price that Fazekas will fetch). Childress was the only player on Atlanta's bench with those skills last year.

I think he could be a player in the mold of NY's David Lee, not flashy but effective. Whichever team gives him an opportunity will be making a low-risk investment that could pay off handsomely in on-court production. I wish the Hawks would take that risk.

I agree..His numbers in far fewer minutes a game are better than alot of the bigs people seem to favor. He is not a horrible defensive player at all and I think we could use a big that can shoot in certain matchups. Having a guy like him on the court would allow Smoove to get a few minutes at the 3 if needed.