• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou: Pargo, Livingston, Elston

NJHAWK

In Sekous new blog about how Horford and Smoove compliment each other he mentions some names the Hawks may be interested in. He says they are still in the hunt for Elston. He also talks about how JJ and Pargo are close pals.

In Sekous new blog about how Horford and Smoove compliment each other he mentions some names the Hawks may be interested in. He says they are still in the hunt for Elston. He also talks about how JJ and Pargo are close pals.

Pargo would be a GREAT signing. He was tremendous last year supporting Chris Paul and I could easily see him being our most offensively productive reserve if we somehow got him.

I am curious about Livingston since he has the most "potential" but with a sketchy career and a career marred by injury it would have to be a deal for the minimum.

Elson would be another guy I'd certainly like to see us consider. If we could get him for the LLE and get Pargo for the remainder of our MLE I'd be pretty thrilled.

Sorry but I don't want Chris Paul's backup again. We already have Speedy, so I say no to Pargo.

Hey we need a guy that can score off the bench, or should I say a proven scorer off the bench and I don't see an option out there as attractive as him at filling that role.

Sorry but I don't want Chris Paul's backup again. We already have Speedy, so I say no to Pargo.

If you watched the 4th quarter of game 7 vs the Spurs you would have swore Paul was Pargos backup. That kid put the fate of his team on his shoulders while Paul tried to find a corner to crawl in.

If you watched the 4th quarter of game 7 vs the Spurs you would have swore Paul was Pargos backup. That kid put the fate of his team on his shoulders while Paul tried to find a corner to crawl in.

Looked more like him jacking up shots, and taking everyones rhythm away.

He sorta a rich man's Salim

Edited by oiatlhawksfan

Pargo would be a GREAT signing. He was tremendous last year supporting Chris Paul and I could easily see him being our most offensively productive reserve if we somehow got him.

I am curious about Livingston since he has the most "potential" but with a sketchy career and a career marred by injury it would have to be a deal for the minimum.

Elson would be another guy I'd certainly like to see us consider. If we could get him for the LLE and get Pargo for the remainder of our MLE I'd be pretty thrilled.

Wonder what these guys would cost ? Pargo is everything we wanted Salim to be. The dude was deadly in the playoffs and especially in the 4th quarter when it really counted. He's a baller for sure.

Elson would be "safer" then depending on Morris but I like Morris. He has game and touch he just needs a nutritionalist to feed him right and physical trainer to get his body right.

With Bibby likely departing after the season (unless he takes a drastic pay cut or really take the team to the next level) it would be nice to have both Law and Pargo on the roster to keep us from sweating too bad about Bibby leaving and or finding a replacement. Pargo would be a excelent long term move and may give us the depth to trade Bibby at the deadline if a team is trying to dump a good player's salary for ending contracts. (we know we can't count on Speedy's health.)

You can never have enough shooters.

I would have to see Livingston on the court with my own eyes and see him pass a physical. If that knee is only 75% strength capacity compared to the healthy knee then he does not belong on the court but its not just strength....can he still move and cut like a NBA PG needs to ? He does not have the skills of a SG so if he slowed down I don't like him there..........his natural PG mentality is what made him special but can he still keep up with little 6'0 "watrer-bug" PGs while he is 6'7'' after microfracture ? We already have questions with Speedy so I would much rather get a healthy guy like Pargo who just played some of the best ball of his life in the playoffs.

Edited by coachx

You're talking about Elson right? Elson, who played for the Spurs for a little while? Hell yeah, I would love for him to be a Hawk. GET HIM!!

Where exactly does this 6-1 175 lbs. point guard play? He won't play ahead of Bibby, who is a better shooter and playmaker, and people are pretty hellbent on making Acie our PG of the future. Speedy might come back, so where do you put him?

And why are people calling Pargo a good shooter? Good shooters don't go and shoot .390 for an entire year (last year) or even .409 (which is his career high). Hell Speedy has a career average of .409. I guess you could point to Pargo's career 3pt% which is pretty good at .365 but then you realize he only shoots roughly 25% of his shots from beyond 3. That doesn't make up for his inept shooting. I want no part of this guy.

Where exactly does this 6-1 175 lbs. point guard play? He won't play ahead of Bibby, who is a better shooter and playmaker, and people are pretty hellbent on making Acie our PG of the future. Speedy might come back, so where do you put him?

And why are people calling Pargo a good shooter? Good shooters don't go and shoot .390 for an entire year (last year) or even .409 (which is his career high). Hell Speedy has a career average of .409. I guess you could point to Pargo's career 3pt% which is pretty good at .365 but then you realize he only shoots roughly 25% of his shots from beyond 3. That doesn't make up for his inept shooting. I want no part of this guy.

Yeah, I don't get why we'd want Pargo either.

Who said he was a good shooter? I called him a good scorer and he is a very good scorer off the bench. I don't ever see him as a starter, but if you watched a handful of Hornets games or more last year you will have seen the impact that he made many times.

Answer me this, would you rather keep our 3+ million or spend it on someone that can be a useful player for us? I'm not at all concerned about him getting minutes because when you have a guy like that he will find a way to get on the court, plus you have Bibby, Acie, and especially Speedy with a long injury history so you can't count on them.

well we do have 3 pgs already so i dont mind not signing him but Pargo would be great to have, i like his guy alot. he can play SG despite his size, kinda like salim cept not as good shooter but better scorer. He is a SG trapped in a PG body. Next year if we dont have bibby, put him at pg, speedy is bound to hurt himself this season (sadly) and Pargo could play PG then.

Elston would be great to have tho

Edited by Jammin29

You must have forgot that Bibby isn't that good a shooter anymore. Does 40% shooting really impress anybody? ESP when that guy is getting like 14 million this year just to be an average player.

• Premium Member
Someone mentiioned Dorrel Wright. Anyone think we should take a flier on him???

I was thinking about him the other day.

Miami is currently sitting at $67.5M for 15 players, so they wouldn't be over the luxury tax if you offer him something. But, it would seem wise to at least force them to use some of their cap space for next year by giving him a two-year deal.

• Premium Member
Francisco Elson confirms to HoopsHype.com that he's definitely signing with the Milwaukee Bucks

He's signed and no longer a possibility.

Jake Voskuhl is still out there...and would be better than Lorenzen Wright.

I'm just saying...