• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Sekou blog

frosgrim

Its more than that, some of the argument for not taking Paul was that Joe wouldn't have come here if it weren't for some sort of assurance he'd be point guard... that running the point was what made ATL more attractive, not the fact that we were willing to pay him a boatload more than anyone else. Since that wasn't the case, the reason we picked Marv over Paul/Deron is because BK (and apparently Woody) actually liked him better.

The Jose thing is depressing too. I was really hoping to land him because I'd been living in Canada for few years at the time and everyone loved him. I woulda traded Marv or Chil for him but if we could have done just Chil, I would have been thrilled. A lot worse in hindsight too.

Since we didn't even have JJ when we drafted Marvin the whole topic is sort of silly. All it does is reinforce the fact BK and Woody don't have a clue.

You again are mistaking Sekou's role as a "Beat Writer" to a "Columnist". It is not Sekou's job to call for heads.

Sekou is an insider as much as any journalist is. He is well regarded by all.

Your angst towards Sekou is odd at best.

No, it isn't odd. I know how to read and discern information. Sekou does nothing for me. I hate to tell you, but "beat writers" of good teams are a little more critical. They also understand the mechanisms in place to continue winning. I'm a Braves fan. I know a good beat writer when I read it. Sekou never talks about critical issues. He just name drops or talks about how so and so is just so silly(i.e. doug collins), who by the way, has forgotten more about basketball than Sekou could ever learn. Duff Man and I don't normally agree, but he's dead on about Sekou. Smug is the word.

It should be Sekou's job to understand the game, be pertinent with his information, and yes, when there is an overwhelming amount of evidence to suggest the ASG is incompetent, he should be critical... of the ASG... not Doug Collins, get it?

Again, Sekou and the Hawks deserve each other.

No, it isn't odd. I know how to read and discern information. Sekou does nothing for me. I hate to tell you, but "beat writers" of good teams are a little more critical. They also understand the mechanisms in place to continue winning. I'm a Braves fan. I know a good beat writer when I read it. Sekou never talks about critical issues. He just name drops or talks about how so and so is just so silly(i.e. doug collins), who by the way, has forgotten more about basketball than Sekou could ever learn. Duff Man and I don't normally agree, but he's dead on about Sekou. Smug is the word.

It should be Sekou's job to understand the game, be pertinent with his information, and yes, when there is an overwhelming amount of evidence to suggest the ASG is incompetent, he should be critical... of the ASG... not Doug Collins, get it?

Again, Sekou and the Hawks deserve each other.

As many factual errors as Sekou makes regarding the 1 team he is supposed to know everything about I just find it hard to believe he is attempting to call someone else out about a mistake.. The more Sekou writes the less respect I have for his abilities.

I hear you. Seems like every blog post he makes now is him chastising the world that he knows everything about this team, has all the inside sources, and that if you read anything about the Hawks not written by him it is wrong. It's time for him to get over himself.

I hear you. Seems like every blog post he makes now is him chastising the world that he knows everything about this team, has all the inside sources, and that if you read anything about the Hawks not written by him it is wrong. It's time for him to get over himself.

Yeah but it seems like everything lately that was written about the Hawks WAS wrong. If he knows better for some reason, like he apparently did, than why should he just let it slide?

Troy, which current beat writers (not the idiot Mark Bradley's of the world) for other teams are both more informative and critical of Sekou? Just so I can look'em up and get some perspective on what I should be reading.

Yeah but it seems like everything lately that was written about the Hawks WAS wrong. If he knows better for some reason, like he apparently did, than why should he just let it slide?

Troy, which current beat writers (not the idiot Mark Bradley's of the world) for other teams are both more informative and critical of Sekou? Just so I can look'em up and get some perspective on what I should be reading.

Exactly. I don't know what Troy and Sekou's other critics expect from him but I would like to know what writers of other papers are doing a better job than he is. Sekou is TERRIFIC at what he does. I think he is right up there with Denberg. Troy obviously wasn't around when Michael Lee had the gig. Michael was terrible.

Point taken, but he's a writer. He should investigate and report the news about our team. We won't ignore it if he's on point. Instead, lately he's always spiking a football and saying "see how damn right I was! you betta recognize this!" I dunno, it's just less classy.

Point taken, but he's a writer. He should investigate and report the news about our team. We won't ignore it if he's on point. Instead, lately he's always spiking a football and saying "see how damn right I was! you betta recognize this!" I dunno, it's just less classy.

Fair enough. Although it is good when he make a point that the national media is getting it wrong, its not good when the just make things up. The Smith - Woody thing was ridiculous.

Like I said, I'd love be able to know exactly what is going on all the time but it doesn't, and can't really, work that way. Sekou strikes a better balance than most in terms of criticizing the organization but still putting info out.

I'll keep on saying, if you can show me that most beat writers give more in depth info + more critical analysis, I'll agree with Troy McClure. Unfortunately Sekou really is better than most I've seen in the places I've lived.

Fair enough. Although it is good when he make a point that the national media is getting it wrong, its not good when the just make things up. The Smith - Woody thing was ridiculous.

Like I said, I'd love be able to know exactly what is going on all the time but it doesn't, and can't really, work that way. Sekou strikes a better balance than most in terms of criticizing the organization but still putting info out.

I'll keep on saying, if you can show me that most beat writers give more in depth info + more critical analysis, I'll agree with Troy McClure. Unfortunately Sekou really is better than most I've seen in the places I've lived.

I look forward to reading Sekou's work in the AJC!

It's the first thing I look for in the sports section!

I look forward to reading Sekou's work in the AJC!

It's the first thing I look for in the sports section!

I think Sekou is a good beat writer as well. Have you people forgotten what happened when Sekou broke the story on Knightmare trying to get rid of Woodson? He had to go into hiding. Sekou cant just openly rip the Hawks...why do you think in his last blog he posted twice saying he wasnt trying to incite a riot over ASG? Because if he gets on them openly, they'll cut him off. And if that happens, well...its hard to be a beat writer of a team you dont have access to. DOB of the Braves walks the same tight line. You dont seem him ripping the Braves for all their mistakes this year.