• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Bibby a Star?

Swatguy

• Premium Member
If you could direct me to exactly where I said extend him at that price I would appreciate it. Where the hell did I say "any" contract???? I would have to be smoking the same stuff you and Walter are if I wanted to pay him that kind of cash.

I extend him for 2/15 or 3/19, etc. Something along those lines. Not those words you put in my mouth.

The word that you're looking for is not extension. It's re-sign.

Extension is usually understood to mean that the current contract is extended beyond it's endpoint. There are rules surrounding an extension.

What you would like to do is re-sign... and probably renogiate his contract. Maybe Fanatic can tell if it's possible to re-sign Bibs and keep his bird rights in tact? I think it is. Otherwise, we'd have to renounce him and re-sign him which I'm sure will release his bird rights. It will also put him on the open market.

Outside of Arenas, Miller, and Billups, they may be better but Bibby is better for this team then the others on that list.

I can go for that. I think Nelson might be just as good a fit here as Bibby, though.

In the NBA playoffs last season, who was selected in the split-image "fear" commercial? What Hawk was selected?

It was Bibby, but that dosen't make him a star.Peja Stojakovic and Derek Fisher were in those commercials too, and they aren't stars either.

Edited by pimp

I agree except for Calderon..im not a huge fan...he's just good for 3 pointers. he is a bit overrated. but with that said, I wouldnt pay Bibby no more than 10 mil. I would give him a deal worth 27mil for the next 3 yrs thats about it. I like Bibby but he isnt worth the 15mil that he is getting paid and he is getting up there in age too. but he is worth keeping around for the right amount of money, if healthy.

How many teams are in the east? I can't remember. I do remember that you have to be

in the top eight to make the playoffs. There are several positions below #8.

All the posters list PG's in the east better than Bibby. Maybe 5 or 6 at most.

If this is true, Bibby is still one of the better ones in the east, even if he is #7.

That has to mean that our PG is a lot better than a lot of the teams in the east

have on their roster!

A star? Yep. An all star? Nope.

He ain't the best, but he's better than most. Just check all the above posts.

They all agree. And, the best part of it is, he makes the Hawks a better team.

:beer:

East point guards I have him ranked 4th behind Billups, Arenas and Harris.

I think he is still a star in this league. I have him as good as Miller, Mo, Felton, Rondo and Ford or better. If he commits longtime (next 3-4 seasons) he is worth extending his contract through 2011.

I would say Bibby is one of the elite PG's in the East. In the league I would say there are about 12 PG's in I would take over Bibby.

Here is my list:

Paul, Williams, Nash, AI, Billups, Agent Zero, Baron, Jason Kidd, Calderon, J. Terry, Ellis, Barbosa.

I would say Bibby is one of the elite PG's in the East. In the league I would say there are about 12 PG's in I would take over Bibby.

Here is my list:

Paul, Williams, Nash, AI, Billups, Agent Zero, Baron, Jason Kidd, Calderon, J. Terry, Ellis, Barbosa.

Kidd didn't help the Mavs much. Calderon is a push at best, but not better. Ellis is injured so he is not better. Terry is not better. Barbosa is a combo push. AI is not a point.

I put Bibby at 7th with Billups, Nash in decline. So 7th aint bad.

For people who think Bibby is better than Calderon.

Bibby vs Calderon

MPG 32.8 -- 30.3

PPG 13.9 --11.2 -Bibby

Apg 6.0 -- 8.3 - Calderon

RPG 3.3 -- 2.9- Calderon

FG% 41% -- 52% - Calderon

3P% 37% -- 43% - Calderon

FT% 78% -- 90% - Calderon

SPG 1.1 -- 1.1 - equal

TPG 2.48 -- 1.54 - Calderon

EFF 14.1 -- 17.7 - Calderon

Bibby's PER rating is 14.55 ... that's 21st among pgs

Calderon's PER rating is 20.51... that's 5th among pgs. Only Paul, Deron ,Billup and Nash have a higher rating.

Also, Calderon avg 8.3 assist last season. Bibby has only avg that many once in his career, and that was about 8 years ago.

Edited by pimp

Kidd didn't help the Mavs much. Calderon is a push at best, but not better. Ellis is injured so he is not better. Terry is not better. Barbosa is a combo push. AI is not a point.

I put Bibby at 7th with Billups, Nash in decline. So 7th aint bad.

I'm obviously not talking about when Ellis is injured. When Ellis is healthy he is better than Bibby sorry.

For people who think Bibby is better than Calderon.

Bibby vs Calderon

MPG 32.8 -- 30.3

PPG 13.9 --11.2 -Bibby

Apg 6.0 -- 8.3 - Calderon

RPG 3.3 -- 2.9- Calderon

FG% 41% -- 52% - Calderon

3P% 37% -- 43% - Calderon

FT% 78% -- 90% - Calderon

SPG 1.1 -- 1.1 - equal

TPG 2.48 -- 1.54 - Calderon

EFF 14.1 -- 17.7 - Calderon

Bibby's PER rating is 14.55 ... that's 21st among pgs

Calderon's PER rating is 20.51... that's 5th among pgs. Only Paul, Deron ,Billup and Nash have a higher rating.

Also, Calderon avg 8.3 assist last season. Bibby has only avg that many once in his career, and that was about 8 years ago.

Thanks for showing them that. Calderon is also better IMHO because he is younger. But Bibby is a better fit for the Hawks because he is a veteran and we have enough young players on the team. But I would def. say Calderon > Bibby.