• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SI debate on Dream-Redeem

Swish

Although I already think the Dream team would have crushed the Redeem team, I think McCollum's article made more sense. The only things the other guy said that made sense were that the Dream team wasn't as young, and LeBron would be hard to stop. I still think having David Robinson in the paint with Pippen guarding LeBron would have seriously limited LeBron, but hey...

I hate these fabricated myths. Its this type of thinking that got the US in trouble in the first place: winning a couple of games and then blowing things out of proportion.

The "redeem team" had problems guarding Marc and Pau Gasol in the post and had a hard time staying in front of a 17 year old guard. Imagine what Malone, Robinson, Ewing and so on would do to them.

• Premium Member
I hate these fabricated myths. Its this type of thinking that got the US in trouble in the first place: winning a couple of games and then blowing things out of proportion.

The "redeem team" had problems guarding Marc and Pau Gasol in the post and had a hard time staying in front of a 17 year old guard. Imagine what Malone, Robinson, Ewing and so on would do to them.

The young guy is on crack if he thinks that LBJ would have been a problem for Pippen? He doesn't understand, you've moved from an era where every team played hard defense to now where only a few teams play good defense. The Bulls 6 rings were built on the fact that they could stop your best player and then stop your second and third best players. It's obvious that somebody didn't watch these guys from 92 play much. Teams don't play that kind of defense now. LBJ wouldn't be much if he played during that era. He'd be another big forward. They'd call him a Pippen wanna be. LBJ doesn't have the total game to be a menace to these guys. Kobe could play but for how long? How long would Kobe last before Jordan get tired of him being out there and shut him down. People talk about Kobe matching Jordan when Jordan was still in the league. Jordan was with the Bullets. Jordan was an old man. He had had part of his finger snipped off. And Kobe could only match him. The Jordan of his prime would have wiped the floor up with Kobe. I'm not saying he would have done to Kobe what he did to Harold Miner or Jerry Stackhouse... but Jordan had another level.

Who is going to stop Malone and Barkley?

Really not even close IMO, the Dream Team was MUCH better. Magic and Stockton as the PGs? Barkley, Malone, Robinson as the big men? Jordan? The Dream team is at least 20 points better IMO. LeBron wouldn't be as effective against a team like that. LeBron is all size and athleticism, he's not really that skilled at all. If LeBron wasn't 6'8 260 with a 40" vert, he wouldn't even be a top 20 player IMO. Regardless, his "moves" of just straight line drives to the basket and overpowering weak Euro big men just wouldn't work against the Dream Team. Dwight would suffer as well, and Bosh would be a jumpshooter. The team would just get killed in the paint.

Edited by AtLaS