• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks player screen shots from 2k9 and live09

pimp

I played both of the demo's and hands down 2k9 was the bettter game. It was much more realistic and fluid. And they seem to have corrected (maybe overcorrected) the shot blocking play of last season. Now if you get beat off the dribble, your teammates try to help and either get a block or pick up a foul. Last year, you had wide open lanes to the hole.

By 2k9, you'll be much happier.

I played both of the demo's and hands down 2k9 was the bettter game. It was much more realistic and fluid. And they seem to have corrected (maybe overcorrected) the shot blocking play of last season. Now if you get beat off the dribble, your teammates try to help and either get a block or pick up a foul. Last year, you had wide open lanes to the hole.

By 2k9, you'll be much happier.

Say it's so Joe! You mean that Josh Smith will actually be able to block shots? I could hardly wait for tomorrow as it was, now I'm even more excited!

Say it's so Joe! You mean that Josh Smith will actually be able to block shots? I could hardly wait for tomorrow as it was, now I'm even more excited!

On the demo, I was using the Lakers and controlling Fisher. I tried to pick Rondo's pocket and he took off down the middle of the lane. Both Bynum and Gasol left their man with Bynam getting the rejection. However, they leave late enough that you don't automatically have an easy assist if you make the extra pass either.

So I'm really hoping that Josh and Camby will be able to get blocks especially user controlled. Last year, I struggled to average one a game with Josh and that was usually blocking outside jumpers not drives to the hole.

wow-2k9 beats the crap out of live. I can't wait.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, man. But I wouldn't expect the same type of graphics with these screenshots because of two reasons: 1) It's the PC version that you'll be getting and 2) You're running on a Dell, lol. Now unless you upgraded to a much better graphics card, I wouldn't put my expectations too high for the games' graphics. ;)

Yeah I know what you're saying and I get it but nonetheless its still easily the best option for PC and I can still look forward to it :D. At any rate I only game otherwise roleplaying and stuff so the pc is fine--I don't feel like blowing a couple hundred on a console.

Hey now, I thought you were the one who talked me into the Dell?!? :P

There can't be that much difference between a Dell and an HP IF they have the same specs. I mean sure there are small variables but not that big.

Please let me have my fun with 2k9 on my little 15.4 screen guys ;)

:sad: :sad:

On the demo, I was using the Lakers and controlling Fisher. I tried to pick Rondo's pocket and he took off down the middle of the lane. Both Bynum and Gasol left their man with Bynam getting the rejection. However, they leave late enough that you don't automatically have an easy assist if you make the extra pass either.

So I'm really hoping that Josh and Camby will be able to get blocks especially user controlled. Last year, I struggled to average one a game with Josh and that was usually blocking outside jumpers not drives to the hole.

That's strange. I almost always led the league in blocks last year with Josh Smith (around 2.9 blocks a game as an average), and one game, I remember he almost had 10 blocks. You can look at my stats in the 'Topics this User Made' link in my profile and find the Association topic I made. I posted all the stats of every game I played in there.

Well anyways, I want to get NBA 2k9, but I'm really into my Madden franchise right now, and when I buy a new game, I usually lose interest in the one I was previously playing. I don't think I'll be getting this game until I start losing interest in football (which is probably around after the season). When I buy this game though, I'm going to try and make a new topic for my 2k9 association.

Yeah I know what you're saying and I get it but nonetheless its still easily the best option for PC and I can still look forward to it :D. At any rate I only game otherwise roleplaying and stuff so the pc is fine--I don't feel like blowing a couple hundred on a console.

Hey now, I thought you were the one who talked me into the Dell?!? :P

There can't be that much difference between a Dell and an HP IF they have the same specs. I mean sure there are small variables but not that big.

Please let me have my fun with 2k9 on my little 15.4 screen guys ;)

:sad: :sad:

I did convince you to get a Dell, but you also told me you weren't into heavy gaming, and just in terms of graphics, NBA 2k9 is a 'heavy' load for a Dell to carry. The thing with a Dell is, I believe it's much harder to upgrade than an HP. That's what I hear anyways, I might be mistaken though.

I did convince you to get a Dell, but you also told me you weren't into heavy gaming, and just in terms of graphics, NBA 2k9 is a 'heavy' load for a Dell to carry. The thing with a Dell is, I believe it's much harder to upgrade than an HP. That's what I hear anyways, I might be mistaken though.

Fair enough, and you are correct sir I don't do heavy gaming BUT that said I was also unaware that this would be coming out.

I think it can handle it processor-wise and my graphics card is pretty good but we'll see.

Played my first game of 2k9 with the Hawks yesterday against the Magic. JJ had 30 (most of that came from the foul line as I was able to draw a foul with him almost anytime I wanted). But Josh had a monster game. 21 points, 7 boards, 7 assists, 2 steals, and 5 blocks. Seemed like a statline that he put up more than a few times last season. I even had back-to-back blocks against Dwight Howard.