• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks' Opening Practice.

Brotha2ThaNite

I went to the Hawks open practice with my 6yrs old son.

When we got out of the car this season ticket holder gave my son a mini ball that was sign by:

Joe Johnson

Dalibor Bagaric

Speedy

Marice Hubbard.

We took it in and got it also signed by:

Woody

Acie Law

Al Horford

Zaza (who us a non perm marker to sign with lol)

I guess you can blame me for not stopping him too. lol

Al Horford gave my son one of his shoes. My son told me, "Dad, I got the shoe for you. You can have it and put it with our other things (collectable items we have on a bookshelf)."

We got some free tickets to the Orlando Magic game too.

Here are some pictures I took.

Collect.jpg

Collect1.jpg

HawksLadies.jpg

Law.jpg

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

Man that's awesome! Horf is a really cool dude for giving your son his shoe like that. Seems like all the players were real cool and accessible.

You get to watch the team scrimmage? How'd that go? (I imagine the guys were tired after the past week).

Also, you training your little one to be a baller?? lol

Man that's awesome! Horf is a really cool dude for giving your son his shoe like that. Seems like all the players were real cool and accessible.

You get to watch the team scrimmage? How'd that go? (I imagine the guys were tired after the past week).

Also, you training your little one to be a baller?? lol

he just laugh after I read your post to him. Yeah, he is a big sports fan. (Soccer, Basketball, Football and Baseball)

He tells me he and 3 other friends have a basketball team. Their team's name is "The Birds." LOL He says because they be flying.... lol NO LIE. This is how 6yr olds talk now. LMAO! I could not stop laughing when he told me this.

we did not get to see scrimmage because we walk out to get some hotdogs and something to drink. That line was so dang long. We waited for about 30-40mins. When we finally got the food the scrimmage was over.

But hey we still had a good time watching them go through drills.

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

the scrimmage was cool

it only lasted 10 minutes (i think) but i finally got a chance to see how the team looked

mario west was hustling like usual and had this SICK dunk

smoove and marvin were great and othello hunter looked good out there too (swatted two shots early on)

Edited by atlhawks4life

Lucky guy. I will always remember Zaza for this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cQjjvFAf6Q

GAME SE-VEN GAME SEE-VEN!

yeah, LOL

I must admit. ZAZA took pic and sign longer then any hawks player. He stay with the fans for over 30mins Not taking away from any other player but I did notice that.

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

I was there too. They originally said free tickets for the first 50,but they had tickets for EVERYBODY. The srimmage wasn't all that to me. Acie had to turn his jersey inside out right before it to run the 1st team since Bibby is still in Arizona. Acie had a nice pull up jumper in transition. Mario had a highlight slam after Othello blocked another guys shot before that. Horford had a Smoove like block on a layup too. I remember Gardner hitting a 3. Marvin,whoooo,after practice he stayed after to shoot 3 pters,he was DRAINING them. His shot is beautiful!

It was funny how they split the teams up and Speedy got up like he was about to actually about to play basketball LMAO,but of course he went and took his normal seat on the bench.

Can't wait to go see them take on Dwight Howard and his Magic next monday,got me a good seat too.

Edited by Cwell

yeah, LOL

I must admit. ZAZA took pic and sign longer then any hawks player. He stay with the fans for over 30mins Not taking away from any other player but I did notice that.

lol Zaza had his own little chearing section,they cheared when he made his FT's and he smiled and waved.

I'm not seeing fair characterizations of what really happened Saturday in this thread.

It's great your son got a shoe and all but the Hawks really screwed this one up in typical fashion. I'm planning on putting together a thread with some pics and videos tomorrow.

Right now I'm downloading the winning Elam FG I took video of on my camera and the fan's reaction in 107. IT WAS CRAZY!!!!

Oh snap. I remember you getting the Al Horford shoe, you were screaming "I have a 6 year old son!"

I could have grabbed the shoe, I was the closest one but I chose to do the right thing and let Al hand it to you.

Here is me with Joe.

LOL Yeah.... Who got the other shoe?

Are you the one I kept borrowing the pin from?

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

So, how bout those $1 concessions. All I wanted was a drink but after waiting 30 minutes and watching people walk out of line with 4 popcorns, 8 hotdogs and 6 drinks each like they'd never eat again...I went back in and watched the last 10 minutes of scrimmage.

Yes, I was there to watch practice...not eat but just thought Id throw out the above for kix.

So, how bout those $1 concessions. All I wanted was a drink but after waiting 30 minutes and watching people walk out of line with 4 popcorns, 8 hotdogs and 6 drinks each like they'd never eat again...I went back in and watched the last 10 minutes of scrimmage.

Yes, I was there to watch practice...not eat but just thought Id throw out the above for kix.

Yeah, that is a VERY BAD WAY TO HAVE THINGS. I waited because I promise my son we would get some after watching the 1st 20mins of the work-out. if I would have known that I would have got him some food in the CNN center.

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite