• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How good is Iron Man?

Plainview1981

• Moderators

I can't tell if you have seen it from your post but I thought it was a B+ movie. It doesn't have the depth of a true classic and gets formulaic at times (what superhero movie doesn't?) but it is highly entertaining and a smart adaptation of the genre. The cast is good generally but Downey drives the movie. I am looking forward to watching it again on video.

I liked it. I agree with the B+ rating, very good but not great.

Incidentally i thought the most recent Hulk movie was much better than it got credit for. It was far better than Ang Lee's version although the box office was similar for both.

I wonder if they are still going to get Iron Man and the Hulk together as they hinted at the end of the Hulk.

I liked it. I agree with the B+ rating, very good but not great.

Incidentally i thought the most recent Hulk movie was much better than it got credit for. It was far better than Ang Lee's version although the box office was similar for both.

I wonder if they are still going to get Iron Man and the Hulk together as they hinted at the end of Iron Man.

I think that the problem with this new version is that people thought it would be just like that last awful version so it didn't draw much of a crowd.

Considering that Stark was in the Hulk I'd guess that they will be getting them together, although I'm not a comic dork so I'm not sure if that is supposed to happen or not.

Can't decide if I want to pick it up again. The trailer looks great and the cast of Downey, Bridges, Howard, Paltrow looks good.

IMHO, Iron Man was the best superhero movie in a long time (over Batman, Spidey, Hulk, etc.) Downey was superb. I loved everything about this movie.

I think that the problem with this new version is that people thought it would be just like that last awful version so it didn't draw much of a crowd.

Considering that Stark was in the Hulk I'd guess that they will be getting them together, although I'm not a comic dork so I'm not sure if that is supposed to happen or not.

I used to like the Hulk comics when i was a kid but that was a looooong time ago. However i had never even heard of Iron Man until last year so i have no clue what if any connection there was in the comics.

I really liked the Hulk tv series back in the day so it was mandatory for me to watch the Hulk movies. The writing was much better in the 2nd movie and obviously Ed Norton >> Eric Bana.

I used to like the Hulk comics when i was a kid but that was a looooong time ago. However i had never even heard of Iron Man until last year so i have no clue what if any connection there was in the comics.

I really liked the Hulk tv series back in the day so it was mandatory for me to watch the Hulk movies. The writing was much better in the 2nd movie and obviously Ed Norton >> Eric Bana.

Yeah I'm a big Ed Norton fan and I think he did great as the Hulk and that movie was as good as it could be considering they had to go CGI Hulk in order to make the movie, but at least it wasn't cheesy like the last one.

Since I own a comic book store I'll play the part of the "Comic Dork".

After Marvel Studios produces Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America movies. There will be an Avengers movie starring all of the characters in July, 2011.

Since I own a comic book store I'll play the part of the "Comic Dork".

After Marvel Studios produces Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America movies. There will be an Avengers movie starring all of the characters in July, 2011.

I hope you know that I didn't mean it to be offensive and besides we're all dorks about something.

That's a lot of hero movies coming up in the next couple of years. Thanks for the info.

I hope you know that I didn't mean it to be offensive and besides we're all dorks about something.

That's a lot of hero movies coming up in the next couple of years. Thanks for the info.

Your right, we are all dorks. Sports, Comics, Video Games. I have customers that tease me about not owning a 360 or a PS3. I like to remind them that I'm an original OG, I had Pong and an Atari 2600 before they were born.

Your right, we are all dorks. Sports, Comics, Video Games. I have customers that tease me about not owning a 360 or a PS3. I like to remind them that I'm an original OG, I had Pong and an Atari 2600 before they were born.

Man I used to have blisters on my thumb from wearing out River Raid and Donkey Kong back in the day so I know what you're saying!

• Moderators

Hotlanta - My wife was dissappointed after all the hype when she saw it this weekend because of heightened expectations so don't get too up there with it. The plot is pretty standard and predictable stuff but, IMO, it is well executed and a very solid popcorn flick. Hope you enjoy it!

Hotlanta - My wife was dissappointed after all the hype when she saw it this weekend because of heightened expectations so don't get too up there with it. The plot is pretty standard and predictable stuff but, IMO, it is well executed and a very solid popcorn flick. Hope you enjoy it!

I thought it was pretty good but like all original super-hero movies it spends alot of time on the origin and less time on the plot. It always seems to me the follow up movies are more entertaining after all the origin stuff is established.

I have heard alot of rumors about future Ironman/Hulk/Spiderman/Captain America combination movies. Those could be pretty entertaining.

On the DC comic side I have heard whispers about a future Superman/Batman combo movie.

I remember when I was a kid and my brother and I rushed to buy the Superman vs. Spiderman series that DC and Marvel did together. Those were great. And Yes, I am dork.

Edited by tmac13

I hope it's on par with Batman Begins. I like TDK, but BB is still the movie I prefer.

Really BB over TDK? I thought that TDK was one of the best movies I have seen so far this year. What made you like BB more?

The attention to the Batman character. TDK didn't have that. I thought that Bale/Batman character was pretty weak in TDK. TDK is an entertaining mess. Katie Homes wasn't great in BB, but Maggie was worse in TDK. Aside from being an ugly woman, Maggie's character is given little to do in TDK. I don't think the Two Faced character totally worked in TDK. I wasn't buying his sudden turn to "The Darkside". Something about how it went down just didn't feel right.

Not that BB is perfect. The fight scenes aren't the greatest and the villains aren't the greatest, but it's a much tighter and more focused movie. Even though I knew The Joker would be a huge factor in TDK, I still went to see a Batman movie.