• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pending Hawksquawk Fantasy League Trade

Admin

Don't get me wrong, I'm very interested in the league, and sorry if this throws you guys off. If its that bad, then please, vote it down, I don't want (if you guys think it will) to give cap an "unfair" advantage.

I think I'm the only one that think it's not a good trade and I've harped on my thoughts on this trade too much already. If I'm the only one who doesn't like this trade then it's probably just me who sees it that way. No need to veto it. My hats off to Cap for this trade though, it certainly makes him better.

• Moderators

I don't think this trade is so lopsided as to warrant a veto personally. IF healthy (big if), Brand is better than Jefferson, IMO, because of these career high numbers:

1.4 assists

1.5 blocks

72.1 FT%

and Brand's career averages:

2.7 assists

2.1 blocks

77 ft% (rough 3 year average)

They aren't that far apart but the assists, % and blocks give Brand the edge for me.

Given the closeness of the players, I would never throw in Roy to make the trade but it isn't hard to envision a scenario where Brand goes bonkers and Roy gets hurt while Hinrich shoots higher %s and still puts up good assists, steals, etc.

Definite edge to Cap on the trade, but no veto from me.

• Admin
I don't think this trade is so lopsided as to warrant a veto personally. IF healthy (big if), Brand is better than Jefferson, IMO, because of these career high numbers:

1.4 assists

1.5 blocks

72.1 FT%

and Brand's career averages:

2.7 assists

2.1 blocks

77 ft% (rough 3 year average)

They aren't that far apart but the assists, % and blocks give Brand the edge for me.

Given the closeness of the players, I would never throw in Roy to make the trade but it isn't hard to envision a scenario where Brand goes bonkers and Roy gets hurt while Hinrich shoots higher %s and still puts up good assists, steals, etc.

Definite edge to Cap on the trade, but no veto from me.

I pretty much have stayed out of the discussion. I wasn't trying to get some lopsided trade...and this trade is not. There are advantages for me and there are advantages for Swish. I may have a small advantage overall but it really isn't that big. Also, durability of my guys is a big question mark too.

Honestly Hinrich's points and 3 pointers will go up this season because of Rose. Hughes separated his shoulder last night so his pt is cut anyway. I think Hinrich will get a lot more open looks. I bet his assists will stay the same. He had a down year last year but all of the Bulls did. If he approaches the previous few seasons then Swish got a really great player not just a really good player. I think Rose will help that because he will provide Hinrich the ball for open 3 pointers (watch his fg% go up too). Plus if he eventually gets traded he will be the starter for another team.

Brand is better then Jefferson but its how you look at it. FG%, FT%, blocks and assists are all much better for Brand. Blocks and assists significantly. Jefferson and Brand break out a little even on the rest (a couple points or a rebound one way or the other). I would rather have a block advantage then 2 points per game or a rebound advantage for a guy because not everyone blocks shots but everyone does scores and rebounds. The reason I don't mind trading Brand for Jefferson is because I am depending on Oden to get blocks this year to make up the difference.

Yes Roy is better overall then Hinrich but Hinrich is a better 3 point shooter, FT% and steals as well as assists (yes assists only by a small margin but it is still an advantage). The league is not just points and rebounds.

I don't win a lot because I take advantage of trades. Actually over the years I have made very few. I probably average in the leagues about 1 trade a year. I do well because I understand how to balance a team. I take it seriously, I follow the boxscores, check my opponents stats, always watch free agents and figure out how I can win the week. I have strategies. They don't always work...I finished second last last year. I just really enjoy playing fantasy basketball a lot.

The thing about Roy and Jefferson is that both are coming into the season with injuries that they sustained in September. They are injury prone...Roy especially. I am actually a little ansi about it and taking a big chance that they don't get hurt. Since durability is never a good thing and injuries ruined my last season this trade could really screw me. Swish got 2 quality players in this trade. You never know how the season will turn out until it begins. Caldaron wasn't drafted last year and was picked up in the FA pool. Wade was out all year. Last season I got Hedo Turk in one of my last picks and he turned out to be my best player last year. Its the chance that makes it fun. There is no sure things in fantasy basketball.

I know I'll be contradicting myself, but oh well, it's kinda hard to explain. But anyways...

I keep thinking I'm better off to 'build around' a PG in my fantasy basketball league. Here's my current team:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6448/71860964io8.jpg

I was thinking of dealing off one of my big time players (Garnett maybe?) for Derron Williams while his stock is down with the injury. I built around Chris Paul last year, and I didn't do that bad. I think Williams is a better scorer than Paul.

Just wanted to know what you guys thought, thanks.

The other plays he has: Kevin Durant, Ben Gordon, Caron Butler, Kevin Love, Charlie Villanueva, David Lee, Greg Oden, Ryan Gomes, Raja Bell, Yi Jianlian, Andres Nocioni, Josh Boone. I was thinking maybe Gomes to be as the filler and if need be, I can just throw in Conley to replace any voids he'd have at PG? That still sounds like I'm giving away too much since Derron Wiliams is kind of injured... how bad is that injury by the way?

• 1 month later...