• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pending Hawksquawk Fantasy League Trade

Admin

Can you guys explain that trade, specifically you Swish? It seems like you're giving up a lot more in this trade, especially considering that Hinrich was just a FA pickup today for Cap. It's certainly not the most lopsided trade I've ever seen, but it does seem lopsided IMO.

Yeah, sure.

I wasn't satisfied with my first round pick, Deron Williams, to produce like a first rounder "should", so I figured Brand could play a great second fiddle...its possible I gave up too much, but hey, if you don't gamble whats the fun? I still have some tweaking to do on my roster anyway.

Yeah, sure.

I wasn't satisfied with my first round pick, Deron Williams, to produce like a first rounder "should", so I figured Brand could play a great second fiddle...its possible I gave up too much, but hey, if you don't gamble whats the fun? I still have some tweaking to do on my roster anyway.

I can understand your concern about wanting to make your team better but you're giving up Al Jefferson and Brandon Roy and getting back Brand (who at best will equal Jefferson) and Hinrich who is highly unlikely to come close to matching Roy. I'm just concerned about this trade being lopsided enough that it will make Capstone significantly better while making you worse.

Hey, feel free to veto it. You may be right, however I disagree on Brand/Jefferson production comparison I think. Could very well turn out to be a mistake if it doesn't get turned back, wisdom is always hindsight. Maybe Roy will break his leg? He does have durability problems, if i remember right.

I clicked on it thinking there was some rapeage going on and I see it differently.

If the O-rankings hold up Swish got the better deal.

Liken it to an NFL draft since you're drafting a complete squad.

He traded an early middle 1st rounder for a late 2nd rounder and 4th rounder.

I clicked on it thinking there was some rapeage going on and I see it differently.

I disagree, I see Jefferson as being better than Brand (at this point in his career) and Roy being a good bit better than Hinrich, who will likely see his stats decrease with Rose being there now.

If you look at what Jefferson did last year 21/11 and then look at Brand who has never had a 21/11 season (although years ago he did have a 24/10 season which was his best ever) and then account for Brand's injury history and his age I'm just skeptical that he'll put up anywhere near what Jefferson will.

I could be wrong but I see this as a trade that's definitely lopsided. I'll climb off my soapbox now though since it appears that nobody else has anything to say about it.

I disagree, I see Jefferson as being better than Brand (at this point in his career) and Roy being a good bit better than Hinrich, who will likely see his stats decrease with Rose being there now.

If you look at what Jefferson did last year 21/11 and then look at Brand who has never had a 21/11 season (although years ago he did have a 24/10 season which was his best ever) and then account for Brand's injury history and his age I'm just skeptical that he'll put up anywhere near what Jefferson will.

I could be wrong but I see this as a trade that's definitely lopsided. I'll climb off my soapbox now though since it appears that nobody else has anything to say about it.

Yeah but you have to look at their stats overall. just because you kick ass in rebounds and points doesn't mean jack crap in a roto league. that's why I HATE roto and this is a head to head roto league.

As I said if the O-rankings hold up Swish got the better deal.

I just looked it over.

I see what you'res saying Dolfan. Jefferson doesn't really have a weakness like poor FT shooting %

I wonder why they ranked Brand so high. He and Jefferson are comparable players.

We'll see. They'll need to play the games.

For the most part Brand and Jefferson will be a wash, assuming that both put up numbers like their previous full years. I believe that Hinrich will be significantly less productive this year and that Roy will probably get a little better.

We'll see though.

• Premium Member

I won't veto it because Swish is for it. Maybe he has insider info. Maybe he knows something about Jefferson. Is it a wash ? You have to ask yourself, how many minutes will Hinrich get? Rose, Hughes, Gordon....I don't know for sure.

The other question is Roy. Roy has never played a whole season. That's going back to college.

The last thing is you have to look specifically at the players.

Roy is not going to give you anything but points.

Hinrich if he plays will give you assists!

Brand will give you points and rebounds.

Jefferson will not give you as many points, but he will give you rebounds.

Swish could have a winning hand here if Hinrich plays, but with Rose, Hughes, and Gordon... that's hard to see.

I won't veto it because Swish is for it. Maybe he has insider info. Maybe he knows something about Jefferson. Is it a wash ? You have to ask yourself, how many minutes will Hinrich get? Rose, Hughes, Gordon....I don't know for sure.

The other question is Roy. Roy has never played a whole season. That's going back to college.

The last thing is you have to look specifically at the players.

Roy is not going to give you anything but points.

Hinrich if he plays will give you assists!

Brand will give you points and rebounds.

Jefferson will not give you as many points, but he will give you rebounds.

Swish could have a winning hand here if Hinrich plays, but with Rose, Hughes, and Gordon... that's hard to see.

Just an FYI but Jefferson scored more last year than Brand has ever scored in all but one season (a 24 point season years ago). Rebounding wise the last 2 years for Jefferson have almost matched the best 2 years of Brand's career as well.

Assuming that Roy and Hinrich match their stats from last year (and I expect a big drop off from Hinrich) they are pretty much equal except for the fact that Roy scores almost twice as many points and that's not something to just ignore.

As I said before there is a reason why Cap has won this league 4 times, because he knows how to get the advantage in trades and this is a terrific trade for him and if you guys don't have a problem with it then c'est la vie.

Hey, I'm a risk taker, if I'm hosed, so be it, :D. I prefer football anyway, much more successful there! Only time will tell. Diesel had some good points.

What good points? They were almost all incorrect assumptions (D was right about Roy not playing a full season).

Roy is not going to give you anything but points. - not true, he scores twice as much as Hinrich and equals or betters him in all but assists where Hinrich gets you 1 more assist, which I strongly believe will go down this season with Rose being there.

Hinrich if he plays will give you assists! - so will Roy, only 1 less per game last year.

Brand will give you points and rebounds. - so will Jefferson (more points and rebounds in fact).

Jefferson will not give you as many points, but he will give you rebounds. - Jefferson will give you more points than Brand.

I understand you liking football more, but everyone needs to think about the rest of the league when they make trades, don't just make trades and take huge risks when the likelihood is that you lost the trade and made another team stronger just because you aren't as interested in this league as others.